“I wish I could give 6 stars!”

Iceland Activities - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Hveragerdi
More attraction details
Owner description: Iceland Activities offers exclusive guided biking and hiking tours and surfing on south Iceland´s famous black sand beaches. We take you to our most favorite areas that we have been traveling through the past 20 years as a family and show you all the remarkable things that make Iceland so amazing. We offer various tours ranging from two hours up to a day trip suitable for all ages. ‘Your Pace is our Pace’
Reviewed January 11, 2014

My wife and I went on the midnight hike on New Years Day - what an incredible experience. After being part of two other tours that were packed, we were the only ones on the hike with our guide Ulfar. Ulfar's girlfriend Lilja and her sister Unnar joined us as did Ulfar's dog Reppi. From the very beginning we felt like we were on a hike with friends. Ulfar grew up hiking this region and took the time to point out all the interesting (and dangerous) geothermal hot springs along the way as well as just shooting the breeze with us.

After a fun hike that does get the heart pumping, we stopped at a river that is heated further up stream by hot springs. While the air temp was about 25-30 F, the water was 105-110 F. We soaked for roughly 90 minutes. You actually get so warm that getting out and doing some snow angels feels refreshing. During that time, we enjoyed our conversations with Ulfar, Lilja and Unnar while Reppi enjoyed some of our food that we shared with him. During this time, we gazed at all the stars in the dark night sky and got to see the Aurora Borealis starting to form. Ulfar took some great pics (which he shares with you afterwards via Dropbox - genius) .

After getting dressed, we got an incredible treat on the hike back - a level 5 Aurora show. As we hiked along a hillside, Ulfar recommended we sit in the snow and enjoy the show. While the lights danced coming over the mountains and dominated the sky, Ulfar got some amazing pictures that we will cherish. I asked Ulfar if this was usual since I had no frame of reference. He said no so we got very lucky.

Upon finishing the hike, we went back to their shop and talked for awhile. During this time, Ulfar shared a traditional Icelandic bread that was cooked in the ground with us as well as an awesome orange soda drink I wish I could get in the States. To wrap up the night, Ulfar and Lilja drove us back to our hotel in Reykjavik (but not before we stopped on the drive to watch more of the lights as they started to glow brightly again).

If you are looking to do something active in Iceland (hike, bike, surf), you'd be crazy to not use Iceland Activities.

2  Thank ptrick2

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We went on two hiking tours with Andreas, both outstanding!! Would highly recommend anyone coming to Iceland to contact this company: Iceland Activities. Incredible experience and memories treasured forever. Thank you Andreas. Caroline and Rob

1  Thank Carolinatay
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We went on the 31st of December . It was a public holiday ,through Frost and funi hotel Andres was willing to take us in. We were thankful for both parties. We were picked up from the hotel to Andres' Office, and equipped in his Office.

It was quite an adventure for us, winds were so strong that at few point we were too scared to move a step. Some slopes were steep, but Andres gave us tips and warnings along the way. Although it looked scary from looking down, but Andres was there to help us. So not a second that I felt any danger.

The hike and the bath in the river must be one of the high lights in Iceland. Must do if you like hike and enjoy the idea of bathing in a hot river.

2  Thank AC123321
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Thank you so much Andreas for a fantastic day cycling, sight seeing and bathing in the warm river.
We went to the Blue Lagoon and did the Golden circle tour but neither of these were as amazing as Iceland Activities's cycling tour we took in August. The valley we cycled in was truly beautiful and the generous lunch was delicious. We really appreciated all the photos you took as well.
Kristin & Paul Vancouver, Canada

2  Thank Kristin082013
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I had the most amazing experience on the bike trip! It was relaxed, fun, and led by people who truly enjoy what they do. My trip was with Úlfar who is a great guy with lots of wonderful stories.I can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Tripreviews999