Hotel Framtid
Hotel Eskifjordur(Eskifjordur)
Hotel Apartments(Eskifjordur)
Hotel Hallormsstadur(Hallormsstadur)
View Hotel
All reviewsone nightfishing villagewonderful atmosphereapple piesmall townwood panelingthe main hotel buildingchecking outmidnight sungale force windsnice dinnerwasher dryerdinner serviceicelandic breakfasten routecozy hotelnordic visitor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stopped here for a bite to eat in May 2010. At the time, we thought it was a gem. The pizzas there were amazing and the view on a sunny day was charming. We should have left it at that initial visit. We returned in May 2013 to stay overnight and the only compliments I can give are the main building, the cleanliness, and the manner of the woman who eventually appeared when we were having breakfast. Firstly, we were about the only guests in the whole hotel but we were still put in a cabin (they claim it's a 'cottage' but it's hardly even a chalet) a short walk from the main building in the pouring rain. For three people, we had a tiny bedroom with low twin beds (comfortable enough) and a third person had to construct their own bed from a put-me-up chair in the main room, which itself wouldn't lie flat. The TV reception was poor. A sign said you could have hot water for 15 minutes an hour (and, sure enough, my morning shower was cold). The only internet access there was in the lobby. My laptop could not get a signal even there and I had a lot of work to do and the girl on duty couldn't've cared less. We went to have a meal in the restaurant. After a 30 minute wait, even though it was almost deserted, our food turned up. I'm a vegetarian and I found pieces of meat in my pizza. I pointed this out to the waitress who just said they'd make me another one (which arrived another 20 minutes later). I got no apology for the mistake and so I politely said that, as a vegetarian, finding meat on my food was no small deal. I'd hoped that maybe I'd be given it gratis or at least a discount but no - I had to pay full whack and still no apology. When we arrived for breakfast the next day, the breakfast room was completely deserted. No guests and no staff. We were left to our own devices for ten minutes before someone came in. She was polite and did ask if things were OK and if she could do anything for us - about the only saving grace the place presented. I have made 16 trips to Iceland over 7 years and have stayed in two dozen guesthouses and hotels in my time and this is quite possibly my equal worst experience. In the morning I was so depressed about the place I wished I was at home. Others have clearly liked it, so maybe it was just a bad night. My suggestion is that if you're in the area - and don't mind stray elements in your food that shouldn't be there - go and have a meal but I am certainly not including this place on any future trip I make. This is not 'hotel' quality.

Room Tip: Ask for something in the main building unless you want to rough it.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GuildfordGhost2001
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Hótel Framtíð is exelent place to stay at. The new rooms are nice and cosy and if you want to go for cheaper rooms without a bath it is ok and the price is resonable. The restaurant if nice with good atmosphere and the food is excellent. Tha menu is simple but with good dishes and the pizza is great. The small summer houses that the hotels has is a good for those who want to have some privacy and stay for longer time.

Room Tip: The old rooms have character even though they do not have bathroom
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

we stayed in feb so took a little bit longer to check in as they werent at the hotel when we arrived. We were the only ones in the whole place. We stayed in the cabin over looking the water. Nice clean cabins. We got 2 single beds instead of a double, he said just push them together if we wanted a double. Breakfast was nice, it was nice that they still did it just for us.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Iceland showed us her more unpredictable nature here. Our stay at Fromtid was meant to be one night en route Northwards in an anticlockwise circuit if the Island, but Mother Nature had other plans. Terrible weather in November 2012 saw all the roads blocked for three days so we had to hunker down here in our wood panelled room. Had it not been for the extraordinary generosity and quiet charm of all the staff here, it could have been a trip spoiler. BUT…as I said, we were welcomed and for the three days had run of the house using the free wi fi to keep tabs on the road conditions. On more than one occasion we were offered to join in on a large lunch spread which had been set for a film crew who like us were trapped. The room was typical log cabin style and clean, the small tv would not work for us but we spent many hours watching the blizzard conditions from the dining room. We ate dinner here each night and it was plentiful and tasted great. The young chef producing some interesting and quality fare including marinated wild goose breast salad.
The small town of Djupivogur exhausted it’s things to do list pretty quickly, but I can’t think of a nicer place or people to be “stranded with”.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We had a very positive stay at this hotel. The staff were welcoming, the room clean and roomy and the location superb just a short walk from the water and the stunning views of the sea and mountains. We had dinner at the hotel, not the cheapest meal but the food was good quality and plentiful. Would definitely return if we are lucky enough to be in Djupivogur again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple