“An oasis of tranquility”

Myvatn Nature Baths (Jardbodin vid Myvatn)
Book In Advance
More Info
$227.39*
and up
Private Tour: 'Game of Thrones' North of the Wall Locations plus Mývatn Nature...
Ranked #3 of 29 things to do in Lake Myvatn
More attraction details
Owner description: Drawing on a centuries-old tradition, the tastefully designed complex offers bathers a completely natural experience that begins with a relaxing dip amidst clouds of steam rising up from a fissure deep in the Earth´s surface, and ends with a luxurious swim in a pool of geothermal water drawn from depths of up to 2.500 metres.Containing a unique blend of minerals, silicates and geothermal microorganisms, the warm, soothing waters of Mývatn Nature Baths are beneficial to skin and spirit alike, creating a sense of wellbeing which lingers on as a lasting memory of your visit to this spellbinding area at Europe´s outer limits.Facilities on offer include a reception area and restaurant seating 120 guests, changing rooms and showers for up to 300 guests, two natural steam baths accommodating up to 50 bathers at a time, and a 5000m2 geothermal bathing pool maintained at a constant temperature of 38-40ºC.
Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“An oasis of tranquility”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Now I am about to break my rule of not rating attractions, but I really have to do it in this case!
After visiting this property last July, it became an automatic part of our schedule for this winter. Again, no regrets! My advice is, if you are planning to drive around Iceland, do not go to Bláa Lónið as it is heavily commercialised and full of americans for their 3 day stopover and also many times more expensive. This place is quiet, if you arrive just when they open it's also empty and the staff? Amazing. Friendly, helpful, special thanks to the lady in the bistro counter for stopping us to try and visit Dettifoss and with most probability killing ourselves. Amazing chat we had, sadly, we must have continued towards Breiðdalsvík to keep up with the schedule.
Will I be back anytime I drive by? Absolutely!

Visited March 2013

43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Absolutely outstanding !!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

This is the best thermal spa in Iceland. Blue Lagoon is very expensive, very busy and overcrowded. This place is only for 2500 ISK and is really nice, peaceful and quiet. We have been there in March 2013 and we were alone !!! Outside temperature about -4, blue sky and water about 39°C. Very nice and helpfull staff, small restaurant in the lobby and also tourist information. Do not forget to visit the sauna!

Visited March 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I wasn't too bothered about going here because I'd booked the Blue Lagoon, but overall I liked it better here. It was quiet and our little group practically had it to ourselves. It was very hot in places which I liked and it was wonderful to relax there surrounded by mountain scenery. It felt like I was on another planet. The changing rooms were very clean and well-maintained. One additional point - having been to the mud pits before hand, my boots were filthy. I took them off before I went in and they were taken away to a janitor's closet. When I came out, the lovely staff had cleaned them off to the point where I didn't recognise them! Loved it here.

2 Thank LoverOfLight
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We visited three times during our stay in Akureyri. Quite a surreal experience, walking out in a snow storm in your bikini! The staff were really friendly and they had the best apple pie in their cafe!

1 Thank GGG13
Baltimore, Maryland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Relaxing!!!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

So nice, so warm, soooo pretty!!! The locker rooms were clean and there were hair dryers available, I was sad tho that as much as we paid for this excursion with our tour, that our towels were not included in the price and were extra.

1 Thank Mayleesa