1,355 results
All reviews homemade jams huge balcony guide book visiting meteora excellent hotel breakfast buffet hotel staff would highly recommend this hotel gave us a map meteora view visiting the area meteora rocks perfect location perfect stay very helpful staff our room was spacious kalambaka town
Reviewed November 23, 2009

We stayed at the Dellas for two nights in September 2009 to visit Meteora. We chose this hotel because of the high recommendations we had seen on review sites and were not disappointed. Can only agree with all the other satisfied customers that this hotel gives comfort and service well above its star and price level.

The owners, Mary and Antonio, have a very personal involvement and are extremely helpful, as are all the staff. We were greeted, on arrival, by a charming receptionist who, as well as booking us in, offered suggestions for activities, restaurants and, most usefully, gives guests a map of the monastery area and loan of a book about Meteora.

Our room was spacious, beautifully decorated and very comfortable with good aircon, fridge, elegant bathroom, efficient shower and a balcony overlooking a peaceful mountain view.

The very comfortable lounge/bar is a joy. The decor is extremely stylish, designed by Mary, and very comfortable, with a view of the rocks in front of the hotel.

Breakfast was a masssive spread with a vast array of superb breads, boiled eggs, cheeses, pastries and home-made preserves.

The hotel is very well situated on the road between Kalambaka and Kastraki so that you're virtually on the monastery route and with some of the massive rocks directly opposite. Both Kastraki and Kalambaka, with numerous restaurants and other facilities, are accessible in minutes by car but there are also a couple of tavernas close by.

There is nothing I would fault in this hotel and I only hope we find an excuse to return in the future.

Date of stay: September 2009
Reviewed November 4, 2009

The hotel has a beautiful view of the mountains across the street and hillside all around. The bedroom was elegantly decorated and the bed was one of the best we slept on in Greece. Loved sitting out on the patio and enjoying the view while palying a quick game of cards before dinner out. Classy accommodations and service by the owners/family. The breakfast was lavished with home baking++, local thick amber honey, rich local yoghurt, fresh fruits, boiled eggs, cold cuts, cheeses, cereals, juice varieties, tea coffee. Beautifully presented. The bar and entertainment room are a nice feature later in the evening after seeing all the monestaries. Local map provided by the hotel staff with information on the monestaries/tours etc. The two local restaurants mentioned by the staff and owner were excellant. I liked the short walk to Stephanos Grill serving a great greek menu! If you don't have a car its a fair walk from downtown to the hotel on the main road. But I've seen many walking farther. We had our laundry done in town during dinner. The owners gave us a wonderful little souvenier as a patronage gift. Truly a wonderful experience. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Reviewed November 2, 2009

Just a minute or two out of the town ( and on the way to the monasteries) but what a difference! Instead of the busy main street with cars double-parked in front of every establishment the Dellas is a quiet but clean and modern hotel with its own parking lot . Rooms are comfortable and have balconies with views of the countryside. The staff is friendly and very helpful. On checking in I was given an info sheet with the visiting hours of all the monasteries. Add to that an excellent buffet breakfast and you have the ideal spot to stay in Meteora. Highyl recommended!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2009

There are not enough words to express how wonderful our stay was at this hotel. Unfortunately our trip did not go as planned, as my husband became ill the day we arrived. The hotel staff called a cab to take us to the local emergency room. (They also paid for the cab, and would not allow me to pay them back.) We were transferred to another emergency room at a larger hospital. When hospital staff allowed me to go back to see my husband, he informed me that he had already spoken with Anthony from the hotel. Anthony called the hospital as he was worried that we had not yet returned to the hotel. So Anthony knew before I did what was going on with my husband! I am a professional travel agent, and I have to say, I have never, ever, encountered any hotel staff or owner that ever cared as much as Anthony and Maria (the owners) did about us. They were so kind.

Anthony and Maria are just the icing on the most wonderful hotel I have ever seen in Greece. I actually lived in Greece for a couple of years and traveled quite a bit and stayed in numerous hotels. The rooms were exceptionally clean. The rooms have french doors that actually have screens on them so you can open the doors for plenty of fresh air and no bugs!!! (We had no need for airconditioning or heat while we were there, so I can't really comment on that.) The balcony overlooking Meteora was a nice bonus. Breakfast was incredible. There was more than enough food, and the quality was top notch. The yogurt was so thick and creamy - add a little of the fresh preserves and you're in heaven! Even the boiled eggs were great; fresh and perfectly cooked.

This is not your run of the mill hotel. You can't compare it to a large cosmopolitan hotel like a Hilton or Intercontinental. It is a small boutique hotel that is very unpretnecious. They are all about the client and making sure you feel welcomed and appreciated. I really can not say enough about Anthony and Maria.

The rooms were nice and large and well appointed and the rates are quite reasonable. The only negative thing I have to say is that the beds are very hard. But, with all of the positives about this property, that can be overlooked.

As a travel agent I would have absolutely no reservations about sending any of my clients to this hotel. If you are going to Meteora, this is where you should stay.

2  Thank dwick
Reviewed October 23, 2009

Dellas hotel is extremely clean, tastefully decorated and conveniently located on the way up to Meteora. Service was the best. Everyone is extremely friendly. The breakfast was very impressive - not on how luxurious it is but there's tons of homemade bakeries and jams that are very special and delicious. We found that there are lots of hotels in the area (much more than you can find on here) so chances are you can find somewhere cheaper on site but Dellas is definitely one of the best.

1  Thank sleepybear0423