“Great place”

Monastiri Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 29 Kalambaka B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed here two nights with 2 other couples. Dita was a great hostess. It is reasonably priced with comfortable and clean rooms. The location is great if you are planning to arrive by train or bus, yet it is in a very quiet location. The view from the rooms were beautiful. The free wifi worked which was not the case in many other places we stayed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Monastiri Guesthouse

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed 2 nights. Warm service by this family-owned and operated place in a quiet neighborhood. Helpful with tourist information about the monasteries and maps. Excellent breakfast, just what I needed for a getaway.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I had a great time staying at the Monastiri Guest House. Not only was it very reasonably priced, with comfortable rooms and great views, but the owners are very nice people. The innkeeper (regrettably I can't remember her name now) was very welcoming and gave us helpful advice about visiting the monasteries and getting around in town. She even provided a hand-drawn map detailing the route to the monasteries and where to go in town for a good time in the evening. Her husband runs a little restaurant called "Mythos" up at the top of the town where they serve fresh, authentic Greek food. I was very happy with everything I ate there, and with the breakfast served at the Guest House. There was quite a variety of things to choose from and one morning we even had cheese pies hot from the oven.
The room I stayed in was spacious and comfortable. It could easily have slept three adults. I really enjoyed the large balcony with its full-size table. The view from it became the subject of several pictures.
The "night life" in the town is within easy walking distance, consisting of a strip a few blocks long full of tavernas and cafes. People stay out late there. I remember seeing a family just sitting down to eat at 11:30 as I was just getting ready to leave. The walk is dark, but safe. One night I passed a lady pushing a baby in a stroller as I was walking back to the Guest House.
The next time I'm in Kalampaka, I will definitely stay here again.
If no one is there when you arrive, call the cell phone number available on their site. This is what we did and she was there to let us in within 15 minutes.

Room Tip: I doubt there's a bad room, but I really enjoyed the spacious balcony and full-size table with o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bernard451
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Our one night stay at the Monastiri guest house was just wonderful. It is cozy and comfy and we felt very welcomed. We were provided with a map and directions for going into town, we had WIFI connection included as well. The view from our room of Meteora was beautiful. We were also provided breakfast which had good variety and a home-like feel to it. I had never stayed in a place like this and I just loved it as did my husband. Highly Recommended!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

It was a real good experience for us to stay at this Guesthouse!! We enjoyed everything as from the beginning and the personnel attending was very nice, helpful and made everything very special so we could feel very well. Good place, nice rooms, the site is just near the train station, but not noisy, and have a nice view of the Meteora rocks, as well as some of the monasteries.
Breakfast was very good and with a good variety, with home made options. We also had the chance to enjoy a lunch at Mythos Restaurant (managed by same family) and it was a great experience also!
HIghly recommended!

Room Tip: all rooms are very nice and well equipped
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We had a perfect overnight stay at this wonderful guesthouse. Locally owned and full of charm. The key was an actual key and not a card a welcoming change of the big city feel. We felt very welcome and would not hesitate in booking again. I normally stay and larger accommodations due to what I'm used to back in the US, but I am so glad we stayed here. The view is excellent at any given time of day. Thank you so much for the hospitality.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We've booked a room via internet ( two adults and a 6yr girl ) and than send a confirmation by email directly to "Monastiri", mentioning that it is our first visit. Just a few hours later, Dita sent us an instructions how to find their Guest House arriving by car from two main directions! Her organising skills helped a lot, before and during the stay. Everything is planned - You will be well informed ( time schedule for breakfast, Monasteries visiting time, code for Wi-Fi, where to plug-in THEIR mini fridge, emergency phone number ), provided with the hand drown map, and left in peace to enjoy the view and accommodation... Our room ( No 1 ) was directly connected to the well kept garden, in which our daughter was free to run and play, breathing fresh air of Kalambaka. The fact that House is behind the train station means good location: easy to find, near the center, but far enough from traffic noise, since Your eyes will be focusing at the Rocks of Meteoras and tree alley underneath. Since we have had various experiences with "breakfast included" and "bathtub in Greece", everything in Monastiri Guest House was great surprise, felt that we are actually guests in Dita's House ( plus free use of cattle, coffee machine... )! House well build, thick walls ( even in August we did not turn AC on ), nice interior decoration, details well combined, enough windows for great view and morning light... beds spacious, firm construction and medium hardness, bathroom spacious and light, maybe not lighted enough for make-up at night ( came to visit Monasteries? ), everything clean... Liked the fact that Dita is kind but NOT "too kind" ( not-importunate ), did not liked the fact that guests upstairs were a little noisy ( packing after midnight ) - but that is not the owners fault!...
We shall come again!