See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 7, 2015

Germany's lodging industry is way behind the rest of the developed world. I am a frequent traveler in Germany, so I am used to poor accommodations. This hotel however, really pushed the envelope.

I checked in and the staff was friendly enough. After going to my room, I went downstairs to ask a question, and the staff had turned off the lights and left. Seriously.

The lights in the hallway turn off on a timer, and it is pitch black. The whole building had a very strange creepy vibe to it. The room had sticky carpets, a very poor quality vinyl mattress with a thin sheet covering it, creepy art on the walls, and curtains that didn't cover the whole window.

This place is more of a bed and breakfast than a hotel. Without any of the charm.

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2015

En route from Tubingen to the Mosel valley a stop off at Mettlach looked handy. The hotel was right on the edge of the river by the bridge into Mettlach. The room was a good size with old fashioned furniture. The bathroom/shower room was superb. Mettlach is the home of Villeroy & Bosch, makers of upmarket bathroom furniture and our shower room was fitted out with their furniture. I've never been so clean! The breakfast was superb, especially the scrambled egg with bacon pieces.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2015

Location of the hotel in regards with the city is very good, even if there are construction works on the bridge near by since 3 years may I say. The rooms have old furniture, but the bathrooms are modern. The thing that I did not like is the fact that was cold in the hole hotel and also in the rooms, at the breakfast the person incharge does not speak English...

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2014

A lovely hotel over looking the river, spacious room with water bed highly recommended! You'll have to ask as I think they only have the one!
Modern & spacious impressive bathroom (Villroy Boch) but nothing less from this town!
Wonderful breakfast & attentive staff a lovely stay.

Room Tip: Ask for the water bed for the experience & or a river view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2010

I have stayed here before. I had the best sleep I can ever remember so I jumped at the chance to return. My prior stay was in the hotel while this stay was in one of their apartments.

We booked 3 nights.

While a seeming value a 99 euros a night, it turned out to be just not for us.

The suite we were assigned was in the second level (North American 3rd floor) with 39 steps and no elevator. A challenge when you have been travelling a month and have a bunch of luggage.

The entryway to the room smelled of cooking onions when we entered. It dissipated when we left the windows open when we went for a walk.

Upon returning from our walk we decided we would only stay the one night.

The limited kitchen (1 water glass) was dirty (we had to clean everything we touched before using it). I would bet the soup ladle hanging on the kitchen wall still has food stuck to it.

During the night we discovered we could hear the traffic on the busy highway outside of our bedroom window.

At breakfast the next morning we informed the very helpful and cherry staff we would be leaving. They made a call to the main hotel and told us it should not be a problem.

Breakfast did not have a huge selection but was adequate and included an offer to boil, poach, or fry an egg.

When we packed up and went to check out the owner told us she would be charging us for 2 nights as she said she had many inquiries for the suite. I asked her to consider that the reservation did not say there was an early departure fee. She declined and still charged us 2 of the 3 nights. For this reason alone I would say stay somewhere else.

This is a shame as the documents on the owners desk indicate she has a lot of business from the towns major factory.

A few weeks later and we still feel it was a good thing to leave.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple