“Great hotel with friendly staff”

Hotel an der Nordschleife
Ranked #1 of 11 Adenau B&B and Inns
“Great hotel with friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Had a 2 night stop on the 20th and 21st September with 10 friends - 6 motorbikes and a car 4 up. They even gave us 2 garages for security!

The hotel is simple but very clean and well maintained, the breakfast was amazing a great selection. We ate in the steak restaurant on one night and all had a great meal.

The beer is good and the views are spectacular and a short walk for some real close up action.

Would defo visit and stop here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank GEM1000A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

A father-and-son trip to 'The Ring'. I would not describe us as 'petrol-heads' but truly car guys with a pedigree :) So now that I described the category of tourists we represented, I found this place to be if by no means fancy still the pure heaven for race enthusiasts. The ground level rooms and beds were basic, though very clean. Everything worked in the room including the free Wi-Fi not to mention it's a stone throw away from the less crowded Ring entrance.
Eddy made a prompt and brief early check-in (10 a.m.) that was a real treat after a night flight to Dusseldorf from Toronto - though we were 'scared' when told there was no reservation on my Name...false alarm, as in a split second Eddy figured out I pronounced my name in English rather than the Deutsche version :))
GREAT buffet breakfast featuring the whole variety from fruits to German sausages to phenomenal croissants. Two thumbs up and the atmosphere you can only experience, it's hard to describe. Fascinating Nürburgring ! On a foot note, also very positive, we rented a Ring taxi professional driver/instructor (Christian?) at ” Rent4Ring” where Ralph and his staff were great. The whole thing was an experience of a lifetime for me and my son especially!

Room Tip: I guess the ground level rooms lack the track views but come handy in terms of in-and-out access.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Farnborough, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Last Tuesday me and two friends left the UK for a business trip to Frankfurt, After spending two excellent nights there we finished off our trip by spending a day at the Nurburgring. Thursday evening came and I was feeling very tired after training but made the two hour drive from Frankfurt to the Nurburgring, looking forward to the night and indeed the next day's events!
One of my friends had to leave us in Frankfurt on the day of our departure due to family reasons at home and so needed to catch a flight home immediately. I didn't think this would be too much of a problem due to it saying on the website, and i quote, "Eddy says yes!". Now when I booked with Eddy I made a reservation for one single room at 49.00 euros a night and one double room at 75.00 euros a night; (3 beds for two nights). So at 9pm on Thursday, very very excited to see the Ring and all of the high performance cars driving about and there in front of us was the hotel! Location couldn't have been better. We parked the car and walked into the bar to find a chap who said Eddy wasn't around for another 20 mins or so. We said ok and explained to him that we were sorry but we only required the one room as one of our friends had to leave. The chap replied "well you have one apartment and one single room", I did try and work out why this was the case but we really needed to wait for Eddy. Ok not a problem, we could wait a little while longer. Anyway 20 mins passed and Eddy arrived back, I walked into the bar. The waiter had obviously already had a word with Eddy as he already knew what I was going to say, His response was "well i hope he has paid you for the room". I explained the nature of the situation and stated how sorry I was that it had happened but that as I had been travelling I had no means with which to contact him as I hadn't saved his mobile number. Anyway I then asked why did we have one apartment and one single room considering even if we did have 3 people this would have given us four beds; which I really couldn't understand. I have just looked at the prices online and it states an apartment is 45.00 euros a night. He continued to tell me how busy they were and that we had been upgraded to an apartment. But we still had to pay the full price and there was no leeway in it at all. Now it would be easy to assume at this point that I was getting irate and shouting at Eddy but that's not the sort of person I am. I normally just go along with things but I could clearly see we were being fobbed off. Anyway I stated that I wanted to go and have a chat to my friend outside as we needed to decide on the best course of action, but I was denied exit from the bar until I had paid. I eventually walked out and managed to have a word with my friend; we walked towards the car as to be honest I was quite ready to get in the car and go after how I had been spoken to but that idea was short lived as Eddy walked outside towards us. At this stage I was feeling very very intimidated as he stated we had to pay the full amount or the police would be involved. We talked for a few minutes as I tried to resolve the situation but unfortunately nothing worked, I then said that if the police would be involved I would like to speak to them on the phone myself, he said ok and I quote " but if they come out it will cost you at least 5 times more and will go to court". Anyway he walked off saying if you want a fight about it, reversed his car so that it blocked the driveway and we couldn't go anywhere if we wanted to. I started to feel very nervous by this point and after the journey and my training all I wanted was to have some food and go to bed! He rang someone on his phone and was speaking in German so unfortunately I didn't understand what was being said but he would not let me speak to them as I had requested, but simply told me they are coming. By this point all sorts of thoughts were running through my head of cells and prisons so I said fine I will pay the money, Not being local I wasn't sure exactly what the police could do but I didn't really want to find out. We walked back into the bar and sorted the money , He then presented me with two keys, one for the single and the other for the apartment. I stated this was a pointless exercise as there was two of us and we couldn't possibly need 4 beds and to give the room to someone else if the hotel was that busy, There were all of 4 cars parked outside. I walked out and made a phone call feeling rather upset about the whole thing, came back to find my friend talking to Eddy sat at a table outside. I joined them but they were deep in conversation, with Eddy saying if I was his friend, he would have kicked the living *** out of me and similar threats. I of course thought this was grossly inappropriate and intimidating seeing as I was standing right in front of him.
So there we go, we had to pay for a room that we didn't want to be in and neither of us actually wanted to be anywhere near the place, We certainly didn't want to eat there.

I would just like to warn people, This is not the sort of treatment you would give others and it is certainly not the sort of treatment you expect to receive!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jim2012503829
Patong
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012 via mobile

The girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel hoping for a good nights sleep after a 6 hour drive from Paris.

However, On arrival at 7.30 What we found were no actual hotel staff but a Restraunt staff member responsible for booking in, his attitude could only be described as very abrupt he then served us with a burnt schnitzel and an attitude that left us feeling at fault when the wifi didn't work. It did work eventually, but we retired to bed feeling a distinct lack of service even for a budget hotel.

We were given the key to a basement room with 6 beds, not what we asked for as travelling as a pair, 4 of the 10 bulbs worked in the room and the room was very cold.

After going to bed, my girlfriend woke up at 6 am covered in bites, so we then had to continue on route feeling very tired.

Worst of all, we ended up sorting out our suitcase on the same bed my girlfriend stayed in. As a result, our clothes went back into the suitcase and whatever we wear now makes us continually itch. Not really what u want when travelling to the f1 in Italy.

On checking out, I finally met Eddie, who we made the original Internet booking with. He enquired why we booked for four, however during the email correspondence he replied to me with incorrect personal details, there had clearly been a mistake with the booking, but we still got charged for a double room. Perhaps if Eddie was around when we checked in, our experience would have been a whole lot different.

However, very good breakfast and pleasant morning staff.

Won't be staying here when do the next Nordeschleif trip, that is for sure.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Wheelyking
essex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We stayed for one night as a group of six, organised around time spent driving the 'ring. The hotel is in a great location and they are great people. Eddy greeted us on arrival and he's a thoroughly genuine guy with a superb hotel. The rooms are ok, facilities a little basic but scrupulously clean, everything works and the shower was a dream.

After the 'ring, we wandered around looking for somewhere to eat and finally went back to this hotel. We sat on a terrace that looks across to a downhill section of the 'ring (ok you wouldn't watch the action from there but it was a real bonus) and had really excellent food and service at a good price. The house wine was a big surprise, way better than we'd expected.

Breakfast was fine, the final bill was amazing value for money. Eddy, we loved our stay with you and can thoroughly recommend your hotel as a great place for a 'ring visit.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tring
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

We have been staying at this family run hotel for the last six years and have never had an experience that has been less than fantastic. The hotel is perfectly situated for the nurburgring a good clean hotel with a excellent breakfast, the owner is like minded and has helped us with problems and breakdowns nothing is too much trouble. The surrounding roads are perfect and ideal if you want to ride along the mosel or the Rhine, lots of brilliant round trips and of course the nordschliefe.

Room Tip: All rooms are good!
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Lichfield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

We stayed in the new block. Vast sparse room with 4 singles and 1 double, plus kitchen just for the two of us.
Its clean, reasonably priced and perfect for the Ring, but then I believe there are many other equally well placed places to stay.
The breakfast was brilliant, great variety, fresh and unlimited excellent coffee.
Eddy, owner, can come over as somewhat terse, but he's OK and I guess its his mum who takes care of the breakfasts, along with his dad, and she's a sweetie. I'd take her home with me ;)
Loads of parking and garages available.
A great location for a lads weekend. If you can tolerate sharing a lot of bodies with one bathroom that also contains the toilet.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank NickDidThat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Adenau
Landhaus Sonnenhof
Lindner Congress & Motorsport Hotel Nuerburgring
Hotel zur Burg
Hotel zur Burg
#5 of 6 in Nuerburg

Been to Hotel an der Nordschleife? Share your experiences!