“Delicious Local Specialties” 5 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Denver, Colorado
“Delicious Local Specialties”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had a great experience and meal at Gasthof Zum Mohren. We arrived for lunch rather late, around 13:30, and apparently a tour bus of customers had just left. So we were seated promptly and had good service. All of the servers spoke English at least a little bit which is not common for this part of Germany. I ordered the “platter of local specialties” which included Maultaschen (German ravioli filled with meat and vegetables) that came with a mushroom sauce, cheese Spatzle, and another rolled pasta-like dish (sorry I can’t remember the German name) that had pork and sauerkraut inside, and a small side salad. Everything on my plate was delicious and I would be happy to eat that meal again often! The salad I had was by far one of the most interesting I had on the trip, not just lettuce but carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers and tomatoes with a good dressing. Although we did not order meal sized salads at our table I did see them be delivered to other tables and they had large piles of mixed greens with fresh strawberries and other good looking produce.

Our total bill for 3 meals, 2 beers, and 3 waters was 42 Euros and they accepted foreign credit cards which is another thing that does not usually happen in this part of Germany. I highly recommend this restaurant; just try to avoid the tour bus crowd!

• Visited July 2012

Aarhus, Denmark
“1 hour waiting time. Beef (rumpsteak) overcooked.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

We had to wait much too long for our food. Generally it was good quality - but I would have liked the beef different. I were never asked how i wanted it.
The waitress was too busy - and it was difficult to draw her attention. The first smile she gave us was when we paied the bill.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“A wonderful place to eat in and a wonderful place to stay in.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2011

Visited Gasthof Zum Mohren while staying overnight awaiting a flight from nearby Allagau Airport.
The cosy warm atmosphere in an already full restaurant was the first thing that impressed me. Had to wait a short while to secure a table but although very busy the service was friendly and efficient. The menu both in English and German was definitely well thought out and very reasonably priced. I would suggest that you consult both menues when selecting your meal as the German one is changed frequently.The food when it arrived was superbly presented and it tasted beautifully. The desserts though mainly icecream based were wonderful. It was a wonderful meal and the snow gently falling outside really added to the Christmassy atmosphere. I discovered Gasthof Zum Mohren by accident and am I glad I did. A wonderful place to eat in and a wonderful place to stay in. Definitely on my list for when I am again in this part of Germany.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank LMG6946
Kent, Texas
“An "Old School" Gasthuas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

Visiting the basilica in Ottobeuren, Bavaria, seriously consider the Gashof Zum Mohren. We enjoyed a very nice meal on a beautiful May afternoon last month. Situated on the town square, we took advantage of the lunch specials (trout for my wife, and two types of kase spaetzle for me). My wife's trout came with a fresh potatoes; while not a whole trout, it was clearly fresh. My spaetzle were obviously homemade (spinach - longer/extruded; regular - cut) and were baked with a extravagant amount of tasty emmentaler. Garnished with caramelized onions, these were kas spaetzle like one used to find throughout Bavaria 20 years ago, but are lucky to find now. Service was prompt and extremely courteous. The inside of zum Mohren is bright and cheerful. The premises are fastidiously clean. Local beers from nearby memmigen are on tap. A very good and reasonably priced meal!

• Visited May 2011