“Unfortunate war history”

Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site
Book In Advance
$28.72*
and up
Half-Day Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site Walking Tour with a Local...
$41.88*
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed November 27, 2013

The Dachau camp is with doubt the most thought provoking and sad place that I have visited in many years of traveling the world, a most unfortuneate piece of history.
The day I visited I noticed a coach full of exuberant young people on entering the gate become almost totally silent , a fee;ing that was shared by myself and other visitors.
This camp is well worth a visit , very powerful and emotional

1  Thank accord24
Write a ReviewReviews (4,811)

Reviewed November 26, 2013

I did this tour on my own without my husband, so decided that I would join a Radius Tour group to make sure I got to the site safely and would be able to gain a greater insight into this horrendous part of recent history. Whilst the guide was very knowledgeable I feel I could have got just as much from the visit by walking around on my own, quietly contemplating the enormity of this terrible location. There are so many written and pictorial displays that you can easily learn a great deal on your own and in your own time. As I found this a very emotional visit I would have liked more opportunity to wander on my own. This really is a very important place that everyone should visit even though it is very, very hard to be faced with man's hatred and cruelty so closeup.

1  Thank ReneeClothier
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The photos are a reflection of exactly what I saw many, many years ago (I chose December 2012 because that's as far back as the options go, but it was many more years than that.) It's a very still, sad, solemn experience and is probably the one of most moving places I have visited. I went on a school trip and it stays with me all these years later.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

My teenage daughter wanted to visit a concentration camp after learning about it in school. We decided to visit Dachau and had a guided tour through the camp. Our guide was very educated about the issue and was able to answer any questions. After the tour we still had enough time to go back and visit the places again, where we wanted to spent more time at. I think that places like that are very important to make sure that the world will never forget what happened. It was a very memorable and thought provoking visit.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This should be somewhere that everyone visits without exception! Whether you are into history or not spending a day here will give you such an incite into one of the most atrocious parts of recent recorded history. From the camps early days right the way through to the liberation of the camp by US forces, the detail given in both written and picture form will leave you in no doubt as to the living conditions faced by prisoners. There is more detail than I can write about in this caption however all I can say is pay it a visit, there are haunting images which you will never forget but you will not regret it for a single moment.