“It's a fave”

New Delhi Cafe
Ranked #49 of 131 Restaurants in Eureka Springs
Cuisines: American, Indian, Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Joplin, Missouri, United States
“It's a fave”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I cannot understand the mixed reviews. We've been there probably 20 times with different friends and found it to be a lovely restaurant/bar. It's funky so don't expect elegance. It's true that weekdays and weeknights are a little subdued but you'll probably run into the owner and he'll try his best to make you have a nice meal. The samoas are worth a trip and I never eat there without one. We actually drive from Joplin, about 100 miles or so just to hear the band during the Sunday brunch. I'm not a huge Indian food fan and really enjoy the burgers more, although when I tried the buffet the staff was really helpful and told me what to try with what (pumpkin/tamarind/etc). If you ever have a problem with service, let the owner know. He's there most of the time and he'll make sure you have a great time. He's very attentive but he cannot attend to you if he doesn't know. This is the place I choose for my birthday or any time I want to feel loved. Love love love the atmosphere and the staff and the music. Just know that you'll love it more on the weekends.

• Visited September 2012

Vera, Oklahoma
“Nothing special on weekdays.”
Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Only have Indian food on the weekends buffet style. We went on a Monday and it was American food only (burgers, sandwiches). Bill for 2 sandwiches was almost 20 bucks too much if you ask me.

Columbia, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Music, Decent Food, Awesome Local Hangout”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you're looking for straight up Indian cuisine you won't find much of it here. We were too late for the buffet (which was Indian) so the only other Indian food on the menu was pretty much their Samosa's, which were AWESOME. They have a great menu of American/cafe/bar food and we had a scrumptious meal. The band playing as we arrived was rockin. Looks like a great place to party on the weekends. Would definitely go back but won't be craving Indian when I do.

Visited November 2012
“Ok”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Lets say first off the hamburger was good but nothing extraordinary. No seats available outside, disappointed really wanted to chill after a long drive. Service was lacking the young man seemed distracted, if we had not felt forgotten and could have seated outside that probably would have changed things a bit, noticed several couples going outside after we were seated. Needs to be updated but I did amongst all that feel a certain "zen & peace" who knows could have been the beautiful drive up and the charming town. However maybe we will see next time We are in town-maybe I need to have the Indian food.

Manassas, Virginia
“Wonderful food, service, funky charm”
Reviewed October 23, 2012 via mobile

Really like the place, incl chat with owner who used to be an engineer with Mobil. Great turkey sandwich, onion rings and Indian art and craft stuff as decor. Would like to hear music there, nice location.