“Enjoyed the Comfort Inn”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Enjoyed the Comfort Inn”
Reviewed June 1, 2006

I really enjoyed staying in the Comfort Inn in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. The staff were friendly and accomodating. The breakfast was not your usual Continental Breakfast. They served home- made kiesch and breakfast breads along with cereal, fruit juice, fruit, milk and coffee in a darling tea room. The gardens were beautiful!

3 Thank ldobson1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed November 7, 2005

We have made it an annual tradition to visit Eureka Springs in October to celebrate our wedding anniversary. This year, our 46th., we stayed at Comfort Inn for the first time. Everything about this delightful property exceeded our expectations. We had a very charming suite-room in an off the street location at the rear of the main building, very secluded and peaceful. The sunken gardens were very appealing, the Victorian Tea Room free breakfast was great, the service overall was excellent and the price was exceptionally reasonable. This will definitely be our regular spot when visiting Eureka Springs.

• Stayed October 2005
3 Thank freetoroam
st louis
Reviewed October 30, 2005

Had booked another motel--spent one nite being disapointed.
Really enjoyed changing to the Comfort--location is ideal--room was clean-staff pleasant--and the breakfast was wonderful(quiche even).

Stayed October 2005
2 Thank grandmammy
Reviewed June 22, 2005

This property could be really nice if were properly maintained. I decided to stay here because of the advertisement on their website. However, I was disappointed. The website boasted beautiful gardens and a victorian setting. However, other than the lobby which was very nice, the property itself needs a lot of work. The "Garden" area with the fountain had not one single flower. It was overgrown with weeds and fallen leaves and looked as if no one had walked through there in a long time. Althought I did see some work being done on the wooden hand rails that lead to the garden, the garden itself seemed abandoned. The property does have a "Victorian" look to it from the outside and some effort was made to make the rooms Victorian looking as well. The property has several sitting areas and porches; however, the furniture needs replacing or at the very least, painting. The pool area has white iron table and chair which would look very nice with some sanding and painting. The property also offers larger rooms/suites and some small cabin/apartment like rooms. The room itself was clean. Overall, I wouldn't mind staying here again, however, it is a shame that this property is not being maintained to offer the setting by which it sells itself.

• Stayed June 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Louisiana
Reviewed May 23, 2005

We recently booked and spent 3 days at the Comfort Inn, Eureka Springs. We choose it because of reviews we had read on here and their website especially about their great complimentary breakfast. What they don't disclose on their website or anyplace on the hotel premises is that the Tea House where breakfast is served is a walk behind the motel area and one has to be able to go up and down several steep (in our opinion) steps to get breakfast.

Since I have a back disability and knee problems, I am not able to go up and down steps. I made sure to ask if they had elevators before booking, which they do "for the rooms". My spouse and I asked each day if there was anyway for a handicap person to get to the Tea House and we were told no. For this reason, my spouse, who also has a medical problem, had to go back and forth each day just to bring breakfast to me. The manager and staff seemed unconcerned about helping us with our problem. It was only on the last day when I made sure they knew how concerned I was that they had no notices or facility for the physically disabled to get breakfast, I was told someone could have brought the food to our room. On none of the other occasions each day when we inquired, were we given this information.

The hotel, in our opinion, is greatly lacking in "customer service" and does a great disservice by not having a sign someplace in their lobby or on their website indicating a handicapped person can ask for breakfast in his/her room.
We ended up on the 3rd day going elsewheres for our breakfast. In our opinion, their Choice Hotel "100% Customer Satisfaction" is greatly lacking in this particular Choice Hotel.

3 Thank Alpsgal
Reviewed January 26, 2005

My fiance and I had a bad experience with another hotel in the area ... namely, their desk was not staffed at 2am when they said it would be, so we couldn't check in ... so we ended up at the Comfort Inn, and I'm so glad they answered their door. We were there the night of Jan 6 (or, rather, the morning of Jan 7). The lobby was still decorated for Christmas, it was beautiful. I wish I could remember the name of the nice lady who checked us in. She was just great. We'd been driving all day, since about noon, from Corpus Christi, TX, on our way home to St. Louis, MO, and we were absolutely exhausted, and all we wanted was a hot tub and some rest. We got a great rate on a hot tub suite and we were very pleased with the room, which was clean. The bed was super comfy, as was our little sofa. The TV was pretty big.

Since we checked in so late, they let us check out really late, which was a blessing. So ... yeah, we missed the breakfast, needless to say, so I can't comment on that. However, the lady who checked us in said there would be quiche and English muffins, etc. Not the sausage and bacon and eggs I would have dragged myself out of bed for, but we'd have gladly eaten it anyway if we were awake!

I can be a real coffee snob, but I also like coffee in the mornings and just couldn't resist making a pot of the in-room coffee. It wasn't Kona or anything, but it hit the spot, which is more than I can say of past hotel coffee experiences.

It was snowy and slippery while we were there, so we opted not to explore their garden for fear we'd never get out again. The garden is award-winning, although I don't know how much of that would have been apparent in January, even with the snow and the Christmas lights, so who knows. We'll have a look in spring or summer, though, because we're going back for sure!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 31, 2004

The mattresses here are terrible. They are worn out. The pillows are flat. It was the most uncomfortable bed that I have ever slept in. All I can say on a positive note is that the lobby was decorated nice for Christmas.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member