“Most Exellent Hotel in the Area!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed March 31, 2009

We had a GREAT time. They served the most delicious breakfast! Also our room was very classy and clean. Also they kept it clean. They had the coolest Victorian themed lobby and suites. I give them a 10. The staff was so helpful and courteous, it made it so nice. I would stay here again in a minute. My next trip to Eureka Springs, The Comfort Inn is my choice of hotels to stay at.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank TheBetsy

Reviewed March 31, 2009

We had the pleasure of staying at the Comfort Inn in Eureka Springs last weekend and were very pleased with our accommodations. The room was well equipped, vary clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. This was our first visit to Eureka Springs, and The Comfort Inn made it an enjoyable experience. We will definitely come back to Eureka Springs to visit soon and we will only ever stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HappyTraveler0818
Reviewed March 27, 2009

We planned our trip for two nights. The first night we were pretty satisfied. The room was clean and we thought we had picked a nice hotel. In the middle of the night I got up to go to the bathroom and there was a large roach on the floor. I killed the roach and tried not to make a big deal out of it. It is an older building and I tried to give the hotel the benefit of the doubt. The second evening around 7:00 we found a spider the size of a silver dollar in the bathroom. When we checked out they still charged us $50 for a "cleaning" fee. Slightly ironic since we did not have our room cleaned after the first night and simply requested clean towels. The next day I called to speak to the manager and was told she was away from her desk. I left my name and number and she never called back. I called corporate and after a letter from them, a letter from the hotel manager (which stated she was not aware of the problem and was very sorry), and a return call to corporate I received $50 toward a room in the future. Not only will I never stay at this hotel again. I will never stay at another Choice Hotel period. Stuff happens sometimes, I understand that, but when no one in the company can step up and admit to the problem and fix it...that is when I have a problem.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kpinarkie
Reviewed June 17, 2008

We have stayed at this Comfort Inn, in Eureka Springs many times and have always been completely satisfied. Whenever we traveled to Eureka Springs, we always booked our room there and did not look for any other motel. That motel was always clean, had a delicious breakfast, and most importantly accepted dogs. Their policy is pets must stay in smoking rooms. On previous trips, that was not a problem. Their rooms were always clean and did not smell of smoke. In May 2008, this was not the case. When we opened the door to the room, we were overwhelmed by the strong stench of stale smoke. We slept in that room the first night. By morning, we were have nasal and sinus problems. Our dogs were sneezing and having breathing difficulty. I told the front desk person and she gave me an old air cleaning machine. We used it and it helped some, but it was still smoky smelling. The first morning the toilet backed up. We told the front desk person and they had to call maintenance. We left the motel for a few hours. When we returned, the room smelled of sewage and the toilet was apart. The front desk person told us they had to call a plumber, so we would have to move our room. We lost half a day of our vacation between dealing with the backed up toilet and having to relocate to another room. The other room was also a smoking room because the management will not allow pets in a non-smoking room. The second room had the same musty stench of smoke. After this horrible experience, we elected to move out of this motel earlier than planned. When we checked out, we requested a one night's compensation for our inconvience. The front desk person telephoned the owner for approval to remove one night from our bill. This seemed reasonable for one night of our three nights stay. The owner refused based on the fact that they were able to supply us with another room. They instead gave us a $6 per night discount. Their lack of concern for our inconvience and their poor maintenance and housekeeping added to our dissatisfaction.
A couple of other noteworthy issues:
We had requested, far in advance, a ground floor room and had even called that day to secure that type room. When we checked in, the man at the front desk, who was chewy a wad of tobacco and spitting in a cup while speaking to us, told us that type room was not available and we would be on the 3rd floor. This is very inconvient when you are traveling with pets. We had stayed at this motel on other trips and were pleased. We would normally overlook this one instance and consider staying there on our next trip. However, the callousness of management in dealing with our problems and their unyielding insistance on placing pets in a poorly maintained smoking room is totally unacceptable and we would never consider returning to this facility with it's current ownership and management. We filed a complaint with Choice Hotels and received a letter from the management of that motel which offered nothing to satisfy us in any way. Ultimately, Choice Hotels has offered us a coupon towards a stay at any of their hotels. If you are unfortunate enough to stay at this hotel and have a bad experience, then be sure to report it to Choice Hotels as they will monitor customer feedback for each location.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2008

My daughter in law has stayed in this hotel and had very good things to say...
We booked a room for two nights the first night was excellent and they have a Front Desk employee,, name is Ricky who is very accomodating....we locked our keys in our vehicle. and he really was helpful

The second night we were very unhappy... the people next to us were drunk and falling into our walls ,, it was very upsetting and so if you are ladies traveling alone there are no rules in place for disorderly conduct,, you are just on your own... I was told the next morning there is no procedure on this...this ordeal next door lasted from 2:40 a.m. until 4:30 a.m. ....we were tired the next day and very un-happy.... I was refunded 10.00 from my room bill... the rooms are nice.. feel cozy and they are clean.., however I wont book again......

• Stayed: April 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 29, 2008

I stayed here on Jan. 11-13. Then again on Jan. 25-27, 2008. My first experience there was so good, I booked the same place again. The rate was very reasonable. We were checked in, in less than 5 minutes. I had made reservations online ahead of time. The stay was excellent. Our room was nice and actually smelled clean (and I got a smoking room). The beds were AWESOME! I have a little insomnia, and I slept like a baby there! People at front desk were very friendly and happy to give suggestions of things to do. I HIGHLY recommend!!! (If you want smoking, you have to go to an upper level, but they have an outdoor elevator.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank piclady75
Reviewed August 6, 2007

The grounds of this hotel is gorgeous. A lot of area to take a good walk. The front desk staff was iffy. I went in several times to ask questions about different things, and got different reactions each time. The room was large and very clean. Good selections for breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)