“Pleasantly surprised”

Express Inn
Express Inn
Ranked #31 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Our grandson was getting married in Eureka Springs and since we are Wyndham Rewards members, we wanted to stay at a hotel where we could accumulate points. After reading some of the reviews, we were a little hesitant to stay here; however, we were pleasantly surprised. A number of the wedding party also stayed here and no one had any complaints. Mr. Patel was very friendly and accommodating to all of our needs. The rooms were very nice and everything was in working order. We had a microwave and fridge in our room. It was a little further out than some; however, that was not a problem as it doesn't take very long to get anywhere in Eureka Springs. The breakfast was "just ok". There wasn't much to it. A few more items would have been nice but that is the only negative about this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 4, 2012

I would not stay here again if it was the last available room. Poor management, terrible breakfast, nothing in the room worked right and had bugs. Very bad experience.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Abzyman
Reviewed June 3, 2012

This was a nice hotel that was very close to the The Great Passion Play. Mr. Patel was very courteous. We enjoyed the pool also....very clean!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The breakfast was ok, not a vast array of things to choose from. A waffle maker would've been wonderful. It's pretty far out from the main part of Eureka Springs, but it's a nice quiet place to stay. The hot tub was nice.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2012

My wife and I went to Eureka Springs this weekend for our anniversary. I checked out the local hotels on Tripadvisor and their rates. I really liked the price for Howard Johnson, and the manager gave us a discount right over the phone. I read a couple of the bad reviews on here, particularly in regards to Mr. Patel, but he seemed very cordial and helpful to my needs with the room. I asked for a first floor king, and told him we were bringing a pet. No problem. When we arrived, and he saw that Lil Bit was a small dog, he knocked the pet price down to $7 from $10.
The room was immaculate. He put us on the backside away from the highway , so it real quiet. We loved it. Mr. Patel is a very nice man, don't believe those who printed bad things about him, for it maybe just about race. I asked him about it and he looked hurt, saying " I try to treat everyone like I treat you." I told him we would stay here again, and I meant it.

Room Tip: If you are bringing a pet ask for the back side. Plenty of grass for them to do their business...awa...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnscotth
Reviewed November 19, 2011

The room was farther away from the others in town. It was very basic. The continental breakfast was a dry muffin and juice. I will try somewhere else the next time.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed November 12, 2011

The room was clean and nice-looking. Everything I needed was available and worked well. I even thought the arrangement of the towels was a nice touch that gave the place a little extra class. I also appreciate that the manager personally checked to make sure the electronic card worked properly.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo