“Basic”

Express Inn
Express Inn
Ranked #30 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed April 5, 2012

The breakfast was ok, not a vast array of things to choose from. A waffle maker would've been wonderful. It's pretty far out from the main part of Eureka Springs, but it's a nice quiet place to stay. The hot tub was nice.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed March 19, 2012

My wife and I went to Eureka Springs this weekend for our anniversary. I checked out the local hotels on Tripadvisor and their rates. I really liked the price for Howard Johnson, and the manager gave us a discount right over the phone. I read a couple of the bad reviews on here, particularly in regards to Mr. Patel, but he seemed very cordial and helpful to my needs with the room. I asked for a first floor king, and told him we were bringing a pet. No problem. When we arrived, and he saw that Lil Bit was a small dog, he knocked the pet price down to $7 from $10.
The room was immaculate. He put us on the backside away from the highway , so it real quiet. We loved it. Mr. Patel is a very nice man, don't believe those who printed bad things about him, for it maybe just about race. I asked him about it and he looked hurt, saying " I try to treat everyone like I treat you." I told him we would stay here again, and I meant it.

Room Tip: If you are bringing a pet ask for the back side. Plenty of grass for them to do their business...awa...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank johnscotth
Reviewed November 19, 2011

The room was farther away from the others in town. It was very basic. The continental breakfast was a dry muffin and juice. I will try somewhere else the next time.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed November 12, 2011

The room was clean and nice-looking. Everything I needed was available and worked well. I even thought the arrangement of the towels was a nice touch that gave the place a little extra class. I also appreciate that the manager personally checked to make sure the electronic card worked properly.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank ThomasM2011
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Very glad we "stumbled" on this one. Reasonably priced and very friendly management. Rooms were clean and accommodating. When looking at reviews while in room I couldn't believe those negative reviews came from this same place as everything was great. I recommend this one to anyone coming to Eureka Springs. We needed a place like this as we came to do a multi - sport event and didn't need any problems. We would stay here again. Thanks Howard Johnson and manager.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My Dad and I went to Eureka Springs to attend a sports event weekend called " the Eurekan". We didn't plan the event well (us crazy men) and drove the 5.5 hours to Eureka Springs without a plan or a hotel. We stopped by the Howard Johnson because it was next door to the lot where we would start a 100 mile bike ride, and we thought we could lose the worry of finding a parking space at the event (and sleep later). The owner of the hotel was super accommodating the whole weekend. He continued to check up on us, offered lots of suggestions regarding eateries, etc. And handled my Dad's quirkiness ( which drives most crazy) very well. I actually felt like he cared we were there. It was great.

Outside of the refreshing owner/ manager, the hotel was clean, conveniently located and had a nice pool area and hot tub. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We booked a room for two nights here on PriceLine, thinking that a name-brand hotel would at least be OK. Wrong.
The rooms have a moldy smell and are dark and cave-like. I'm guessing the place was built in the 60's or 70's and never remodeled. We took one look and told the manager we were not staying. That's when things got ugly.
We asked for our money back, and the manager said, "No, you will have to deal with PriceLine". I called PriceLine from the parking lot, and they were no help at all. Basically, PriceLine just said, "We will try to get the hotel to be reasonable and refund your money." I could have told them that wasn't going to work, and sure enough it didn't. So, we didn't stay, but our credit card was charged for two nights. Unbelieveable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family