“Authentic and Good Location”

1905 Basin Park Hotel
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Rogers, Arkansas
“Authentic and Good Location”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was there for the Blues Festival this past weekend and despite thousands of Harley bikers it maintained an enjoyable and family friendly ambiance. It is right in the center of town (on the upper hill) and easy to walk to everything worth walking too from there. Staff is quite helpful; my friend's bike battery went dead and the livery staff quickly got him charged up with no problem. Staff was consistently friendly and helpful. It's an old property and the configuration of some of the rooms are kind of weird. Just put yourself in European frame of mind and you will be fine. Don't miss the Balcony Restaurant as well as it has great views (it closes kind of early though 11pm!). Wondering what the most "haunted" floor is? According to staff its the 3rd. The top floor which has pool tables is also kind of Shinning-creepy too. We heard no supernatural activity however. Overall, I would recommend, but wouldn't mind checking out the Crescent as well next time.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th and it was very quiet. Only one elevator, so if you don't want to wait, get...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We're glad you enjoyed staying with us during Blues Fest. I think it was a really good time for all involved. We hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 12, 2014

We arrived a bit early, and they allowed us to check in right away! Check-in was a breeze and the bellman helped us very much! Parking was a little confusing- we had to park very far away from the hotel and use a shuttle get back. I understand this though, as there is NO parking but maybe a few spaces in front of the hotel. The shuttle is quick and easy to use! He's right there anytime you need him. After using this service a few times, I realized I liked it more than having to drive my car all over town.
We booked with a Best Weekday Deal, making a double suite much more affordable than it would have been otherwise. The hotel room was fantastic. I think it was the most comfortable and spacious hotel room I've ever stayed in. Love how they have REALLY kept the old look, with obvious modern conveniences.
We went on the ghost tour as well as the Downtown -n- Underground tour. Both tours were very informative and entertaining. I highly recommend them!
The Balcony Restaurant had a great atmosphere and very yummy food, ate their twice.
Overall, this hotel will be highly recommended by me. Next time I'm in town, I plan on staying at the Crescent, as the two hotels seem very similar and I want to experience them both!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Abbi D
It sounds like everything went great during your stay with us. We try to make everyone's experience as memorable as yours was. We hope you will stay with us again next time you return to Eureka Springs.

Cedarville, Arkansas
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was the second time that we have stayed at the Basin Park Hotel. For the hotel to be as old as it is, it is well maintained. The room was clean and had one of the best air conditioners I have ever had at a hotel. There are a couple of downfalls though. One is, get ready for the stairs because the elevator is super slow. Another is the creeky wooden floors. The final is the noise from people going up and down the stairs. All in all, it was a great stay. it is right in the middle of town and has a restaurant with good food and there are pool tables on the 6th floor. Will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the stairs. Lots of noise with people going up and down them!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We're glad you enjoyed your return stay with us. I have to agree with you, our elevator is a little slow but at least it works. All in all though it sounds like it was a good time for you. We hope you return to stay with us for a 3rd visit in the future!
Royse City, Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I visited the Basin Park Hotel in April, 2014 and have already booked a return trip for July. I've never received such wonderful and friendly service and I've stayed throughout the US and in many other countries. Everyone was ready to offer advice and history tidbits. The shuttle service is above and beyond. My room was immaculate and the Jacuzzi tub fantastic. This is an antique hotel and some of the reviews seem to want to compare it to modern hotels. It's not modern, but you have all the conveniences that you need. There is only one elevator and it is small; I imagine it was added some years after the hotel was built. Housekeeping has no other way to get their supplies up and down. If you can't wait (and that's the point of vacation), then take the stairs...they are good exercise. Can't wait to relax again at the now "familiar old Basin Park Hotel."

Room Tip: I have only stayed in a Jacuzzi King, but I highly recommend it. Best Jacuzzi tub, EVER.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank JillPyle
We're glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We pride ourselves in being extremely friendly and do our best to create a memorable stay for all of our guests. We look forward to pleasing you again when you return in July.

Monett
Reviewed May 29, 2014

So we are a HUGE Trip Advisor reviewers. We have walked through the Basin Park Hotel to check things out many times, we have had a drink at the bar and we have gone on the Ghost Tour back the day we got married down in Eureka Springs back on 11/11/11. So with the Blues Fest is coming up and we found a excellent deal on Priceline.com so we could afford to stay at the Basin finally! Very excited! I booked it for Friday and Saturday night (6/13-6/15) and my husband tells me we were going down on Thursday too. So I called Priceline back the next day and they told me I would have to cancel and rebook. Afraid we might not get the same rate I went ahead and called the Basin and talked to a VERY nice woman - I think her name was Lori. In one day there was only King Suites left so with it being only $15 more per night I asked her to book it for me and add it to our reservations she already had in her system. She told me that we would have to move to our normally booked Standard King on Friday BUT she went above and beyond and stated that she would make a note that if someone cancels they would allow us to stay in the King Suite and not have to move. Not sure how that will flag our reservation but we are praying this happens. I think we have deterred staying here not only because of the price but because of the "old" rooms. Looking over reviews and seeing pictures I'm hoping we not only get to stay in the Suite but we'll have a newly remodeled room. Can't wait for our stay and look forward to giving everyone an update on how it went. So far so good! Excellent job with customer service when I called in! Can't wait to see how our actual stay goes. I know we'll be happy in a regular room but excited to see if something happens and we get to stay the entire time in a suite. Looking forward to trying out the spa and the restaurant, etc. Stay tuned . . . . !!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
It sounds like you're super excited. We can't wait to see you both!
Have a good day.
Fiddletown, California
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We extended our stay in Eureka Springs because we fell in love with the place, but the other hotel we were staying was all booked up for a wedding or some such. So we wandered downtown in the light snow and went searching for vacant rooms. Luckily for us , the Park Basin was to accommodate in their corner room on the second floor (SPECTACULAR street view, see picture). The lobby was late 1800's and also had a little art gallery attached and coffee station nearby... but most importantly, the loading/unloading was super easy to navigate, given the tricky street position... trust me, this stuff matters in the rain.
They have a bar there (loads of 1880's elegance, charm, and historic vibe) and a staff that clearly loves their jobs, without any detectable variance, so they were helpful and professional and appropriately friendly. The room was positively vast. and these corner rooms were really suites of three joined sections ... more like an apartment, really, but the best by far was the bedroom... if you go, you'll see what I mean. Not garish or gouache but very elegant and roomy with a bathroom. We couldn't believe our luck and especially for the price we got it for.
Strongly recommended!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
It sounds like you truly enjoyed yourselves. We hope you will choose to stay with us again next time you return to Eureka Springs.
Have a good day!
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed May 18, 2014

If you've been to Eureka Springs you already know that downtown accommodations are not modernized and are a bit difficult to get to/parking. Basin Park is clean and extremely convenient. Don't expect modern amenities - it is an historic hotel. My disappointment is only that after a day of walking and walking and walking my mother and I (mother's day weekend trip) were looking forward to a drink at Lucky 7 bar (top floor) only to find out that it was closed on a Saturday night from 6-9 for a private function. If we had known this while we were out and about we would have just found somewhere else scenic to go have our happy hour. We were also looking forward to using the hot tub on the spa deck, however that too was reserved for a private event. I completely understand reserving for parties but prior knowledge to the guests would be very helpful.

On a positive note - luckily we were upgraded to a jacuzzi suite so we did have the jacuzzi in our room to use. Overall, I WOULD stay there again because of convenience. I found the shopping in the area pricey for items that you can find at any craft vendor shows. For specific art/unique items - I can see paying more but not for common items so I was a bit disappointed in the shopping.

Room Tip: If you don't want to wait for the 1 elevator every time you go to your room - suggest a lower fl...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank lisag0209
1905manager1886, Front Office Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
We're sorry you had frustrations during your stay but it sounds like you had a good trip when it was all said and done. We hope you will give us another shot next time you return to Eureka Springs.

Have a good day!