1905 Basin Park Hotel
Land O Nod Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$89
Best Western Eureka Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$95
$85
Edelweiss Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$69
Quality Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$81
The Lodge(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$69
$129
Best Western Inn of the Ozarks(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$100
Travelocity
Green Tree Lodge(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$85
  • Pool
The Trails Inn(Eureka Springs)(Great Value!)
$59
$54
Official Site
$190
$170
1,523 results
All reviewsbalcony restauranthistoric hotelshuttle servicesister hotelheart of downtownjacuzzi suitefree shuttlewalking tourtop floorghost tourin townspring streetthe location is perfectget awaytrip to eureka springsspahistory
Reviewed June 11, 2013

This is my second stay at this property in 14 months It must be fine or I would not have returned, you say. Well, actually, the location of the proerty was the primary motivating factor for a return. Eureka Springs is a very small town, situated basically in a ravine. Parking is at a premium so location becomes important.

At check-in my reception was cool, but without problems. The room was a king suite, consisting of a bedroom, sitting room and bath. The room was generally appointed in the period style (1905). The bed was quite comfortable.

A cautionary word or to. Housekeeping could use some fabric softener. The bath towels felt like one was drying off with a sheet of sandpaper. On the subject of the bathroom, there was no non-skid surface in the tub: My travel companion and I both had "slipping" issues when showering.. Fortunately, there was a handicap bar to grab on to: it was put to good use.

Check-out had all of the makings of an early morning confrontation: which, as it turned out, did not happen. The bill that was under the door had 2 charges for "Service Gratuity", one $6.00 one $3.00. The bill also had 2 daily charges of $6.50 for "Activity Fees". Really? When I brought these charges to the attention of the nice lady at reception she readily offered to remove all the aforementioned charges from my bill. I took her up on the offer: confrontation averted. I pointed out that none of these charges were mentioned at check-in, nor are they disclosed on the hotel's Web site. The nice lady rolled her eyes and said, "I know". BEWARE UNDISCLOSED CHARGES AND FEES, travelers.

As for my rating, a word. Eureka Springs is a town of 2,073 regular inhabitants in the mountains of northwest Arkansas. This is a fine property for where it is situated. I give it an "average" becasue, compared to other properties at the same price and a different location, it would be just that, average. If I again am in Eureka Springs I would again stay here (and take a careful look at my bill).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank denniskeith
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

We are pleased that you took the time to review your stay at the Basin Park Hotel. We are glad that you found your room to be comfortable and that the location of the hotel was an advantage of your stay. We apologize for any issues you had with the towels and bathtub and your comments will be passed on to the appropriate departments. The activity fees are part of the room charge because they include wireless internet access, the shuttle that runs downtown for our guests, and they provide complimentary tickets to the downtown tours. The activity fees are promoted on our website under reservation accommodations, but we have no problem removing the charges from your bill upon check out if you did not take advantage of these resort accommodations during your stay. The gratuity fees are collected for the number of employees in the operation who do not receive tips because of their work locations and responsibilities with the property. We are glad that your stay was primarily enjoyable, and welcome you to return again soon.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a very charming old hotel with a lot of history. Our room was very nice. The only part of my stay which was NOT enjoyable was having to park in a DIRT parking lot down the mountain from the hotel (on another street). I had to wash my car after departing because of all the dust kicked-up by other cars in the stuffed parking lot. However, there is a fairly convenient shuttle van available 24/7. The upstairs bar was packed both nights of our visit and service was slow, but the drinks were good.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

We appreciate that you took time to write a review of your stay. We apologize for the inconvenience of the location of the parking lot, but it is a little further away because the hotel is located in the center of downtown with no close lots available. We will pass your comments about the inconvenience of the dirt parking lot to the appropriate departments for consideration. We are glad to know that you enjoyed the historic property, shuttle service, and drinks from the Lucky 7 Rooftop Billiards bar. We look forward to seeing you next time you visit downtown Eureka Springs.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

I stayed here with a group of women. Many of the rooms were nicely done for an old hotel. Mine, however, was awful! There were tears in the carpet, mold in the shower, and the sink was falling off the wall. The only mirror was a small one over the sink. On the good side, the bed was comfortable and the bedding was crisp and clean
I mentioned these items to the front desk several times over the 3 nights I spent there. There was nothing done about it.
They did a very nice job with breakfast each morning and the staff was very nice. However, I would not stay there again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Basin Park Hotel. We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered with your room. Because the hotel is a historic property, we have maintained many of the original furnishings, although the carpeting is not original. We have two full time maintenance personnel and an executive housekeeper who are consistently working to update the rooms, although it is not always a fast process. However, your feedback is appreciated and will be passed on to the appropriate departments. We are happy you enjoyed the bedding, breakfast, and staff accommodations during your stay. We hope that you will reconsider and join us for your next stay in Eureka Springs.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

We recently took a "little girls' trip" to Eureka Springs and Bentonville. The Basin Park Hotel was in a perfect location for shopping, touring and easy walking distance to good restaurants. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. It is an older property, but the conveniences and courtesy are tops. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to be centrally located.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay at the Basin Park Hotel. We perceive the hotel's central location as of the hotel's charms, and are delighted that you found that to be the case as well. We will pass along your encouraging comment regarding the staff to the appropriate departments and we thank you for the recommendation. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went on Memorial Day and the restaurant was very busy. We did not wait for our table on the patio at all...it was open seating. However, we DID wait approximately 2 hours at our table for our food, and kept saying that we hoped the food would be worth the wait.

It was. The patio was open seating, but we probably should have reserved ahead of time to avoid the wait. We didn't know about this hotel and that is why no reservations were made.

My advice: Reserve for this well-attended restaurant to enjoy the delicious food. I would recommend the chicken salad (it took us forever to eat it...we ate, and ate, and ate. BIG portion.) That salad comes with two other sides...cottage cheese and tropical fruit. We would also recommend the spinach and artichoke dip. That delicious dip comes with a flaky, homemade bread bowl that is to die for.

The salad was $9.99, and the artichoke dip was a little cheaper. EXCELLENT value for the money, for sure!

Room Tip: This review is for the restaurant only.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your review of the Balcony Restaurant and Bar. We apologize for your wait on such a busy day, but are certainly pleased you enjoyed the food and the balcony seating. We look forward to seeing you again and encourage you to stop by any time you get hungry!