“Perfect Location but needs renovation”

1905 Basin Park Hotel
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The hotel is located perfectly in the center of downtown. Unfortunately it is showing its age. The floors need reinforced or something as they slope towards the center of the hotel and we could hear every step the people in the room above us took (and unfortunately they were very loud and was up most of the night). We stayed mid week, and there was no breakfast or coffee shop available in the hotel. We were 'upgraded' to a jacuzzi room and we were a bit surprised to find out that meant two bathrooms, one of which had a jacuzzi bathtub.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CAR09
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and upgrade. We apologize for any inconvenience the floors may have caused. Eureka is known for its uneven streets and floors. Updates are made constantly to keep the hotel in the most modern shape. Your reviews have been noted. We look forward to seeing you in the near future on your next visit.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This was our second time to stay in this hotel as we return to this area every six months to drive with our motocycles. The first time we were bit disapointed with this hotel as we got a supersmall room in front of their spalobby where people walk by all the time. This time i took a superior kinz size room, which was twice the size of our previous regular king size room in 4 th floor, windows facing the downtown Eureka Springs, absoloutely a stunning room. The breakfast was included in our price which was a nice suprise, but if you just want to have a nice cup of coffee with muffin, go downstairs to their newly build cavecoffee shop, it was great experience as well. Basin Park Hotel is one of the oldest hotel in the area, so do not expect anything modern, but that is exctly part of the charm in this place, so i would definately return to this hotel and tell everybody else to check it out too!

Room Tip: Take a superior king size room, you get so much room for your money
1  Thank Miami57

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and some of the amenities we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you and your friends on your next visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

When we checked in, our room wasn't clean so they put us in room 307. It overlooked Basin Park. When we got to our room, it was dingy, small and the floor looked dirty, but the beds looked nice and clean. We had two double beds and there was no room for suitcases and no place to set things. We used the window sills and top of the air conditioner. Our TV remote didn't work.The floors are uneven, so when I would sit on the toilet, the seat would shift to the left. After I took my first shower, I had gotten dressed. did the make up and when I went to put on my socks, the bottom of my feet were black. The wash basin, which is outside of the bathroom was small, old and gross looking. I think we were given the worst room in the hotel. I didn't see one room this bad. The bellman and shuttle drivers were very friendly and helpful and restraunt had good food. The parking situation was very inconvenient. I wouldn't go back or recomend it. It makes the Days Inn look like the Taj Mahal.

Room Tip: If you go, don't accept room 307. Ask about the room they assign you to and if you are not satis...
2  Thank Patricia T
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2012

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused during your stay. The hotel is old in age and the size of every room varies, as well as every ground in Eureka Springs being uneven. Your review is noted and will be taken further. We look forward to improving your opinion in the near future on your next stay.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

when I booked this hotel I requested a haunted room....come to find out the room they put us in has never had any unexplained activity. I had requested to take some private time in some spaces that were supposed to be haunted and they could not accomodate me ....spending close to 1000.00 should have been accomodated to my requests.

1  Thank Dawn G

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused during your stay. You review is noted and will be taken further and next time your request will be accommodated. We look forward to seeing you in the near future on your next stay.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

It is an old hotel with lots of history.
The shuttle van and crew are awesome, they were friendly and informative
The front desk help was below average, they just never acted like they really wanted to help
The help in each bar was very good, the food was great and the price was good
The ghost tour was fun, it needed to be a little longer, our host for the tour was really fun
Great location, right downtown, really convenient

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jvjsim

Thank you for your review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay and your ghost tour. Your review regarding the front desk is noted and will be taken further. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit in the future.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

October 26, 2012

Sir and/or Madam:

I would like to share with you our experience during our stay at the Basin Park Hotel in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. The dates of our stay are 10/24 thru 10/26. I am not a world traveller, so please bear with my parochial review of my stay.

The restaurant in the hotel served very good food. The service was great. The Spa service was restful and a treat for us. However:

Our room 501 was spartan. I understand it is a historic hotel. We have stayed in other historic hotels, but this was not what we expected from a Magnusun Grand Hotel Property.

The television took up the majority of the living space, with the exception of the bed

The water was so hot, it was scalding. To mix the cold and hot water together produced inconsistent and constantly changing temperatures at the hand sink and the shower while in use.

The bathroom had no space for toiletries, so the window sill had to be used. This caused the blinds to remain up exposing anyone entering the bathroom to the outside. I secured a paper clip from your desk staff in order to clip the two curtains hanging at the side of the bathroom window closed to provide some privacy.

The wall in the bathroom contained a large crumbling hole below the tub.

During our first afternoon, I called to the desk to ask for a chair for our room. There was one chair, but there were two of us in the room. I didn't think this was an unreasonable request. We were told they would look for a chair. Later, after returning from supper and finding no chair, we asked again. We were told we probably wouldn't get a chair, other than a card table chair. Interestingly, we checked out other places in the Hotel and found rows upon rows of large upholstered chairs. The spa area must have at least 20 being unused. The ballroom has at least 50 sitting around unused. We never received the card table chair.

Because our room faced west, it was rather warm upon our entry into the room. We turned on the window AC unit. After four hours, the room was cool with the aid of the ceiling fan and the sun setting. At 10 pm, the AC unit froze creating a horrible grinding noise. We turned the AC unit to fan, which made the ice build up melt to a horrible racket. We turned it off.

During this restful stay, we discover the hotel was host to a billiard tournament being held just above our room. I really don't think I can describe the shuttering sounds coming from above our heads.

The AC and the noise were reported at 10 pm to the desk. I was informed that I should have been aware of the tournament upon checking in. I was not. Not sure exactly how I was to divine this information. I was then informed the noise would stop in a few minutes, because they were just finishing up. Would I like another room. We chose to remain in this room since the move into another room would have been a huge inconvenience of repacking all of our "stuff". The tournament finally ended at 1030 pm.

The next night we were treated to a galloping bridal rehearsal and reception above our heads. Once again, we were informed we should have been aware of this when we checked in. I guess I didn't get the memo!

Nothing was ever done about the AC.

The wireless Internet connection was nonexistent - tried connecting from the room, the hall outside the room, the bathroom, inside the tub, the lobby, the stairway...no connection...and yes, we had the pass code.

After reviewing your web page, the pictures, and the "high tech" claims, I have yet to discover anything coming close to the accommodations offered by our room. This is deceptive. You should be ashamed.

I have already paid for a LivingSocial package deal to use at the Basin some time from December to February. If I cannot cancel it, I will take the loss. We will never stay at the Basin EVER again.

Geraldine Morgan
St.Louis, Missouri

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Gjm1949

Thank you for your review. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused during your stay. We hope that in the future you will allow us to improve your opinion.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

A nice hotel with a history attached to it. Great location, right in middle of the town.
I opted for a 2 night package & pretty happy with everything except the location of the room I was given.
I stayed in "Joe Park Hill Suite" (Queen Bed Jacuzzi Suite) & it was a great room to stay if it was not located below the restaurant floor (1st Floor). A Nice room with good amenities but there was lot of noise due to people walking on the restaurant floor. The noise goes on day & night and if you have been there for romantic time, romance is totally spoiled by these creaking noise of the ceiling.
The hotel is great & they have a good restaurant. The best part of the hotel is it location. You are right at the market and if you are street photographer, I am sure you will love the location of the hotel.
We opted for Serenity Spa service & they are excellent.
I would recommend this hotel but with an exception to avoid any room below the restaurant floor (1st Floor).

Room Tip: Avoid any room below the restaurant floor (1st Floor). Note: Reception floor is called as Floor 0...
1  Thank VinayKPillai
macdevelopment, Manager at 1905 Basin Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We apologize for any inconvenience that may have been caused due to the location and noise of your room. We look forward to seeing you in the near future.on your next visit.