“Our Wedding Weekend”

Ranked #10 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Jackson, Mississippi
“Our Wedding Weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a destination wedding with 75 of our closest friends and family and had our reception in the conservatory. Myself and bridesmaids stayed in the Governor's Suite which was perfect for getting ready and having a "home base."

This property is beautiful and was the perfect place for my dream wedding. Our reception was great, the staff was great, wedding day itself was really great.

There's a couple problems no one can really help, and that is noise. It's a 127 year old building and you can hear EVERYTHING from the rooms next door and above. I couldn't sleep because the people above us were so loud. I could literally hear conversations. I called the desk at 1am and he was not super nice, just a "ok, I'll go and see if I can hear anything." Apparently, I was telling the truth because the noise quieted down and I could sleep after that. We had a couple other issues with less than hospitable staff, mostly at the front desk. They might be getting overworked since it's wedding season? I guess we all have bad days. There's a couple other issues we had, but the hotel made it right so I won't go into it.

The food is fabulous, both the breakfast buffet, brunch, and the catering for our reception. Overall, this place is great. We would choose it again. I would still stay there again because of the convenience of getting ready and having pictures at the hotel. Come to the hotel, go on a walking tour or ghost tour, eat in their restaurant, but stay in their Victorian house or cottages if you want to sleep.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Sharpschruter23
macdevelopment, Manager at 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We appreciate that you took the time to review your wedding and stay with the Crescent Hotel & Spa. We are so glad you had a wonderful experience on your big day, especially with the reception staff and your dining experiences. We apologize for any inconveniences caused by noise, and you are correct that the age of the hotel comes into play. We are sorry for any inhospitable encounters you had with the front desk staff and the appropriate departments will be notified of your experience. We welcome you to come back any time and take advantage of the hotel and its amenities. We loved having you as our guest and hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
Saint Joseph, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We last stayed here several years ago and vowed never to stay again. But, my niece wanted to stay here, so we tried it again and were more than surprised. The front desk staff were nice, informative. The room was clean, decorated tastefully. The hotel itself seemed more well-kempt than last time. The grounds and pool area were beautiful, as always. The ac worked great, there was plenty of hot water for showers....we were all very impressed. There is a small ice cream store on the main floor and it offered delicious gourmet cupcakes (I had one, it was amazing) and ice cream among other things. The breakfast offered in the Crystal dining room was buffet-style and very good. The coffee was amazing. The elevator seemed new also and worked well. Overall, we will definitely stay here again. Great job Crescent hotel on your improvements!!! :D

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RN2009
We very much appreciate your review of the hotel. We have worked hard to make improvements to the property and continue to work daily. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your experiences with the staff, grounds, rooms, and other amenities on the property and welcome you to return any time. We hope to see you again soon.
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is a unique hotel....and, frankly, a bit creepy. We staying in Room 213 for three nights. Room 218 is reported to be the most haunted room in this hotel...which is reported to be the most haunted hotel in the US. The location and history is interesting. The repair is frankly so-so, the value -especially on the weekends - is questionable. Every night there is a ghost tour that goes right outside your room. There are three on the weekends. I found, for a family of four, the room to be small.

The service is fine, and the included breakfast for two is nice.

Bottom line....tour here, have a meal here....seek out other nicer, less haunted, Bed and Breakfast's in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa. We are glad you enjoyed your experiences with service and dining at the hotel as well as the unique atmosphere. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with the ghost tour gathering outside of your room and with the lack of space for your family of four. We hope to see you again soon and welcome you to come back for tour and dining opportunities any time.
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The reason we picked this location was because they allow pets. After looking at the website and reading up on the internet we expected exactly what we ended up in. This is apparently a haunted hotel, but I didn't see it or feel it and neither did our 2 dogs. I'm not disappointed.

The entire town is on the State Historic Register. The view is amazing from the 4th floor bar. There are rocking chairs on the porch on the east side of the hotel and it's peaceful and relaxing. I've stayed in nicer hotels, but I'm not sure there are any nicer one's in Eureka Springs. It's a small town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
macdevelopment, Manager at 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for taking time to review your experience at the 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa. We are glad you enjoyed the view and the historic presence of the hotel and surrounding area. We appreciate your patronage and hope you will visit us again in the future.
Bentonville, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

My 9 year old son and I stayed here as an early (ghost hunting) birthday present for him. We booked Theodora's Room 9 months in advance because of high demand for the room. If you're looking for luxury, this is not it. The room had seen better days but they did attempt to keep it authentic to the hay days of the grand, old hotel. If you're going for a haunting adventure, I highly recommend it. While I am somewhat skeptical, my son is a believer in ghosts. Staying the night in Theodora's room tested my skepticism. From a door opening without explanation to someone / something patting my head to shadowy figures, there was a lot we could not debunk. Not a scary experience but a darn interesting one.

• Stayed April 2013
4 Thank KatzFamily
Thank you for reviewing your stay in Theadora's Room at the 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience in one of the reportedly haunted rooms in our hotel. We welcome you to come back any time and hope to see you again soon.
Olathe, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights over Memorial Day weekend. Check-in was very quick, and we were in our room in about 10 minutes from arrival, with a bellman carrying our luggage. The bell person was very nice and helpful, though I did find it unusual that he did not use the luggage carts that were readily available to take our luggage to the room, and instead struggled to take all 5 bags to our room by hand.

The hotel is obviously old, as shown by the name, and it does show. If you're looking for a brand new resort, you shouldn't come here. The hotel is maintained nicely, but its impossible to make a 130 year old building look new. There has been some settling, the floors are a little crooked, the doors don't quite align, and the floor creaks when walking on it. This is part of the charm of staying at this old a hotel though.

We stayed in a basic room, which was nice. It had a shower/tub combo, flat screen tv, king size bed, and a window air conditioner. As mentioned the rooms are older, but nice. The rooms used traditional keys, not the electronic type, something I hadn't experienced in quite some time.

There was a restaurant on-site. We ate there for breakfast both mornings, which was a buffet, with one of the mornings being Sunday brunch. The meals were included in our room, and were pretty expensive if they were not. The food was good, though not great.

We also did the ghost tour which was very interesting and my wife and I both thought was well worth the money.

The one negative thing I can say about this hotel is the parking. Quite simply they need hotel guest only parking. Both nights we were there, multiple weddings were going on. This made parking very hard. It would be nice if they could have parking for hotel guests only, because it was very hard to find a spot.

The only other slightly negative thing is the location. Though not very far from the main area of town, the streets in the town make driving rather difficult.

All in all, I really liked this hotel. Very old, very nostalgic, with nice grounds and friendly people. If I visit Eureka Springs again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reviewing your stay at the 1886 Crescent Hotel & Spa. We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced with parking at the hotel and will dispatch your comments to the appropriate departments for consideration. Although we recognize that the location has its challenges, we find that it is part of the hotel's charm as well. We are certainly glad you enjoyed your stay and your experiences with the staff, rooms, restaurant, and ghost tour. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again in the near future.
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I was not able to stay overnight as there was a wedding and the rooms where all booked. However I had a look around in all public places. How sad the condition of the building is including the gardens, some major areas either bare or full of weeds. The bar on the upper floor has been turned into a very ordinary black "dungeon" looking pizza joint, not one touch of history left..... After seeing all that I was actually glad that I did not have a reservation.

Stayed May 2013, traveled solo