“Very Clean”

Eureka Holiday Hotel
Ranked #34 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
“Very Clean”
Reviewed November 14, 2004

We stayed here for two nights and had a total of 3 rooms. The pool, hot tub area is extremely clean. The water was crystal clear.

The staff was extremely helpfull and many times went the extra mile to make our visit comfortable.

Eureka Springs is noted for having many small hotels, we have stayed at many, none compare with the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed January 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed July 23, 2004

OH MY GOSH....seemed like such a nice motel, but half our party became ill half way home after eating the continental breakfast and THEN they added extra charges to our credit card for a "pet fee".

WHAT PET?????

Travelers are raving about these Eureka Springs hotels

Reviewed March 17, 2004

stayed here in march 2004 and it is absolutely the best place to stay in eureka springs. The entire staff is very professional and takes care of their guest. The indoor pool area is beautiful and the breakfast bar is well worth it. You definitely leave here wanting to come back again.
Keep it up. PS I have read the ladys comments from Iowa about her stay and thought I would let you know just how great this place REALLY is.
Thank you so much Holiday Inn Express staff, you are really great!!!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 9, 2004

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Eureka Springs in April of 2003.
Plusses: the pool was lovely, warm, clean; Hot tub was also lovely--the view was extraordinary in this area--floor to ceiling windows facing the woods. Rooms were clean, and My family slept well. Now for the catch: The next day, when checking out, the gentleman (and I use that term because I have class and good breeding) argued with me about the rate I was to be charged. I had reserved the rooms (2) online, had confirmation numbers, and he was not going to give me my rate. This went on for a good 15 minutes (he made calls and answered calls in the middle of it all). I finally convinced him to give us the AARP rate (which was the same as the rate I was given online) by showing him an AARP card. Congratulations to him for making his bad day my bad day.
Just by lousy customer service, he pooped on my whole trip, and now I am looking for hotel accommodations this year and I can't stay there because I do not want to put up with that ever again. Be advised hotel owners that good customer service is everything!!!

Reviewed July 16, 2003

The layout of the facility is very inconvenient and unlike any I had encountered with this chain or any other. Two wings extend out to either side of the central--and essential--part of the hotel, which includes reservation desk, breakfast area, indoor heated pool/whirlpool, gift shop, elevator, and interior guest rooms. For those of us who were lodged in exterior rooms in the wings, all doors to the interior spaces were locked at 11 p.m. & there was no access to interior spaces after that unless you walked some distance from your room to the front entrance. Key cards for guests that would allow them access to the interior areas, as some hotels provide, would have been a big help. The main problem this scenario presented, other than no access to the elevator after 11 p.m., was that the ice machines (I believe there were two to service 81 rooms) happened to be on the opposite side of the hotel from where I was staying, and if I needed ice after 11 p.m., I would have been forced to walk down the stairs to the front parking lot from the third floor, cross the parking lot past the front entrance to the opposite wing, and enter an open hallway leading to the ice machines on the floors at that end of the hotel. If I could have cut through the interior of the facility, it would have been a short distance from point A to point B. Ideally, no one should be using noisy ice machines after 11 p.m., but in some cases, it could be necessary. Unfortunately, one machine was broken during my whole stay, and the other was continuously out of ice. We were told we could get ice from the kitchen, but the staff appeared to be very stressed & seemed to roll their eyes every time I requested it. I ended up buying a bag of ice from a local--the only local--grocery. The hotel advertises data ports, but when I asked about a local connection, I was told there were no local access numbers in Eureka Springs, so every dial-up connection would incur long distance charges, but I could "join" the town's local Internet Service Provider if I preferred. I rarely encounter soap scum in the bathtub of a Holiday Inn Express, but I did here, otherwise the room was clean. After reading the excellent rating of this hotel, I expected better. As advertised, it is 2 mi.
from town, but there are restaurants and shops within walking distance.
The free continental breakfast is adequate. The rooms are typical and adequate. The facility has nice curb appeal. A staff member of long experience in the hospitality industry made the whole experience bearable, with her sunny disposition and eagerness to please.
Otherwise, with the deposit and 3-day cancellation policies, coupled with the inconveniences I encountered, I don't think I could be enticed here again even with an offer for a free room. In every other way, my visit to Eureka Springs was a tourist's delight.

10 Thank A TripAdvisor Member