“Highly recommended, really good experience”

Best Western Eureka Inn
Ranked #5 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed October 24, 2006

We stayed five nights for a military reunion.

Very clean, comfortable, attractive rooms.

The Gazebo restaurant does a wonderful full breakfast included in the room price, Candy and the staff make it a really good experience.
One of the few places outside of England that you can get a proper cup of tea. It was brewed in a pot with very hot water, the way it should be. Candy walked the extra mile for all the customers, she was ace.

We booked a group dinner there and it was excellent. Manager Jed made the reunion facilities available , he could not not have been more helpful. Can't praise them highly enough. Great place, very reasonably priced, good location, excellent food. On the trolley stop route for downtown.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank elllmt

Reviewed August 1, 2006

We loved this place and will definitely stay again.

1. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly.

2. Free Full Breakfast in the hotel's Gazebo Restaurant was a really nice way to start the day.

3. The room was extremely clean and the bed linens where white and smelled just washed fresh.

4. Upon returning to the hotel at the end of the day, everything had been cleaned and the room had a wonderful fresh/clean smell.

We look forward to staying there again.

3  Thank Fenusha
Reviewed March 28, 2006

This hotel was in a decent location, about one mile from the historic district. The walk from the hotel was OK, but I do not advise trying to walk back because of the steep hill. Take a trolley – the hotel is a trolley stop. I was not able to find a better rate than booking directly with the hotel. The price for 2 queens was $59 for Thursday and $69 for Friday. Be aware that there is a 15.5% tax on lodging in Eureka Springs which adds a significant sum to your final bill. I almost chose the Coach House Inn which is cheaper and closer to the historic district. After taking a look at the property, I would probably choose it over the Best Western because of the price and location. I also think one of the more historic hotels in the historic district would be nice.
As for the Best Western, it is a decent mid-range hotel. Our room was on the lower level as requested. The room was showing some definite wear with lots of peeling wallpaper. The cleanliness was a little below average. The bed was not comfortable. The lighting was terrible. However, the water pressure and water temperature in the shower were great. The price includes breakfast coupons which can be redeemed for a set breakfast meal or used as a $4 coupon towards an individual order. The options for the set meal were more than enough, and the food quality was pretty good. I would have to say the included breakfast makes this hotel an acceptable deal. There is also a nice courtyard and a heated pool which we were not able to use because of the season.

• Stayed: March 2006
4  Thank Cruise,J.D.
Reviewed August 16, 2005

My husband and I thought this hotel was conveniently located. We stayed in the indoor access building and thought the room was cozy. The bathroom was incredibly clean. This is not a luxury hotel by any means but it was a nice Best Western and we had a wonderful time. The outdoor pool and indoor spa areas were also spotless. We enjoyed the free, full breakfast. We had eggs, hash browns, bacon and coffee and my son had wonderful pancakes. Staff was great. I would stay again especially for the convenient location (the hotel is on the trolley route).

• Stayed: August 2005
4  Thank MekaOSU
Reviewed April 26, 2005

My husband and I and another couple just returned from a trip to Eureka Springs and stayed in this hotel the first night we arrived. We were traveling from KC and arrived around midnight. This hotel is in a great location because it is one of the first ones you come to, and you don't have to drive all the way into town to get to it. Great if you are planning on arriving late. Upon check-in we received a warm, friendly welcome from the staff. As we drove up to our room we were a little scared what our room might look like because the outside of the hotel doesn't look very nice. It is true that you can't judge a book by it's cover though, because once inside we were pleased to find a nice, very clean room. Cleanliness is the most important factor that I look for in a hotel room, and this room passed my test! I can't say that I would spend my entire vacation in this hotel, but it was definitley great for a good night's sleep!

• Stayed: April 2005
8  Thank kcbecca
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 4, 2005

I have stayed at this hotel twice and am disappointed no rooms are available for the week I'll be there this year. The rooms are well kept, clean and roomy. Last year we had a leak under one of the sinks and it was fixed by the time we returned from shopping that afternoon. The staff are very friendly, polite and helpful. The full breakfast included with the stay was excellent with enough choices to make anyone happy. Any requests we have made have been met with friendliness and cooperation within their means. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to anyone and hope the hotel we had to book for this year will meet the Eureka Inn's standards.

• Stayed: June 2004
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 25, 2005

This was on January 6, 2005. My fiance and I were on a long driving trip. We had driven from St. Louis, MO down to Corpus Christi, TX, and were on our way back from Corpus, and decided to stop in Eureka Springs while we were so far south so we didn't have to do all the driving in one day again, plus we like it there and wanted to go shopping. I was in Corpus at about noon or 12:30 when I made the reservation for that night for a jacuzzi suite. Because I knew we wouldn't be there until late, I specifically asked the person making the reservation how late we could check in. She said we could check-in any time, because the desk is staffed 24 hours. As you can imagine, we didn't pull into Eureka Springs until 2 in the morning, but we were secure in the knowledge that we could check in and then collapse into the jacuzzi for a few hours. We parked, went to the door, and ... it was locked. The doors have glass in them, so we could see there was no one at the desk. We knocked on the door, on the windows ... no one. I cried. I seriously cried. It was 2am, I was tired and exhausted and all I wanted was my Jacuzzi! So we drove around looking for another hotel... meanwhile driving back to the Best Western, not once, but TWICE, just to check and see if maybe the person staffing the desk had been in the restroom or something. We even checked for a doorbell. If there was a doorbell, it was hiding. We ended up going to the Comfort Inn and staying in one of their jacuzzi suites. The next morning I called the Best Western and asked the manager what the deal was, and he assured me he was going to have a discussion with a certain employee, because the desk IS supposed to be staffed 24 hours. That made me feel better.

As a side note, this Best Western does have Jacuzzi brand hot tubs in their suites, which you cannot assume is the case with all hotels there because they'll call any hot tub a jacuzzi, and it has a hot breakfast, both of which things we were very much looking forward to. I don't know if the breakfast is any good, but the fact that they offer one was appealing. We will probably give them one more try.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member