“Good after wedding dinner”

Grand Taverne Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Taverne Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 138 Restaurants in Eureka Springs
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Elegent, Gourmet CuisineAll food is created from scratch beginning with Chef Jeff Clements' balcony herb garden. The bread is baked fresh daily. Unforgettable cuisine with elegant presentations creates a memorable upscale dining occasion for even the most discriminating tastes. Treat the one you love to a romantic dinner by candlelight! Open nightly from 5pm-9pm
Reviewed May 19, 2014

After getting married and a lovely carriage ride we referred to The Grand Taverne. I had the chicken pasta with mushrooms. My husband had the Kansas City Strip, my Maid of honor had the Seared Sea Scallops.

All three meals were very good.

The carriage ride gave us a free dessert coupon. We used this on an amazing chocolate cake that was flourless. Was like heaven on a plate!

The other patrons were VERY loud. This was the only downfall. They clearly had too much to drink.

1  Thank Tracie D

Reviewed May 18, 2014

We love Eureka and were looking for a nice restaurant to celebrate my husbands birthday. After reading all the reviews we thought this sounded like a great new find for us. The waiter selected the wine, great choice. We had Caesar salad to start, had two small croutons and could have used more to offset the too tart dressing. I was very disappointed as I read their salmon was fabulous, they were out of salmon. I ordered the walleye and my husband his favorite steak, the KC strip. My selection included rice but tasted as if it came directly from the box. The side dish of asparagus, carrots and cabbage was wonderful but overall Both dinners were average for an average restaurant and I felt as if mine was right off the Sysco truck.

The total cost of the average dinner was way too much.

Our chocolate flour less cake was fantastic but the items we selected off the menu were not.

1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is a nice place & the food was very good. We went here for my parents anniversary and was my first experience here. It was very busy the night we were there and I think that has something to do with our experience being somewhat diminished. The meal took a total of about 2 1/2 hours from the time we got seated. Not a big deal if I was expecting that but we got there at 7pm and it was about 9:30 when we left. Should have gone earlier I suppose and will try this again in the future. Our table was out in the larger dining room but I would have preferred to be in one of the smaller dining rooms where you could hear each other talk and not have a lot of foot traffic around you. Once we placed our order the waiter didn't come back for quite a while so our glasses went dry for a spell. I guess for $300 for the 4 of us (food, beverages, tax and gratuity) I really expected a higher level of experience all the way around. The food was good and we weren't in a rush by any means, as I really do enjoy a long relaxing meal if I'm prepared for such, but I just didn't feel that the price fit the overall experience. Maybe next time.

2  Thank NativeArkansan
Reviewed May 5, 2014

Although we were there in "Off Peak", it did not influence the service or the food. The rack of lamb was very good and cooked superbly. The accompanying potatoes and asparagus were perfect and even the red cabbage which I am generally not too fond of was tasty. Fresh baked bread litterally melted in your mouth and the caesar salad was top notch. My compliments to the staff for a great experience on my wife's birthday!

1  Thank Wade E
Reviewed April 14, 2014

First impression was great atmosphere for couples dining or groups. Live entertainment (quiet romantic guitar) and Victorian decor (required for fine dining in Eureka Springs). The food was FANTASTIC!! The crab-cake appetizer was perfect and the main dish walleye melted in your mouth. The wine selection was very good. The staff and server were some of the best in the business. Needless to say we will go back on our next visit.

1  Thank Macvon