“Far and away the best fine dining in Eureka Springs”

Grand Taverne Restaurant & Lounge
Reserve with OpenTable
Grand Taverne Restaurant & Lounge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 137 Restaurants in Eureka Springs
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Elegent, Gourmet CuisineAll food is created from scratch beginning with Chef Jeff Clements' balcony herb garden. The bread is baked fresh daily. Unforgettable cuisine with elegant presentations creates a memorable upscale dining occasion for even the most discriminating tastes. Treat the one you love to a romantic dinner by candlelight! Open nightly from 5pm-9pm
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food, staff and atmosphere are superior to any other restaurant in the greater Eureka Springs area...bar none. If you want a truly outstanding fine dining experience, look no farther than the Grand Tavern. Your meal will be grand in every way. Five stars in my book!

Dustin D, Manager at Grand Taverne Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your dinner with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

All the best~

Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife & I visited Eureka Springs (wonderful place to visit) mid week & off season. We went to a restaurant that was highly recommended our first night & we're disappointed. Our last evening in town we headed to the Grand Taverne & I was thinking "they can't screw up a steak" . When we were greeted by the chef I decided to maybe give Eureka Springs dining another chance. We entered the beautiful & quiet dining room. Chef, Dave Gilderson, greeted us at the front desk & he told us he'd probably screw up our seating but he saw that no one was at the front desk so he said he wanted us to feel welcome. We were seated & no worries; our waiter was excellent, attentive & knowledgable. I started with the seafood bisque on this cold evening & received a luxurious seafood soup with shrimp & lobster. I ordered the duck. A beautiful plate w/the breast meat shingled on one side & citrus royals echoing the delicious arc of breast meat on the alternate side of my plate. The leg & thigh (the thigh de-boned & stuffed) placed on a delicious serving of wild rice & cranberry. A blueberry jus was most welcome, it might sound to sweet but was heavier on the stock with the blueberries offering just a slight fruitiness. Really just a perfect dish I'm going on to long but I close by saying the goat cheese & wild cherry ice cream in a thin, formed chocolate shell was exemplary. All in all just an excellent meal. My wife's chicken pasta was less ambitious but had the same culinary qualities as my dish. Her creme brule was perfect. Chef recommends his scallops, I hope to be back to try them.

1  Thank ErnieS50

Thank you for your review. The seafood bisque and duck were an excellent choice. The Grand Chicken Pasta is a simple yet delicious dish. We are glad you enjoyed your experience. Our sea scallops and the Rack of Lamb are a couple of other popular items you might consider in the future. Thanks again and please come back on your next trip to Eureka Springs.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stopped by the Grand Taverne after reading reviews here. The locals gave it a big thumbs up too. We were in for lunch the day after Thanksgiving.

The wine selection was nice and glasses paired nicely with the lunch options. My husband and I each had hot sandwiches and a cup of soup since it was a cold day. We also split the grilled romaine heart salad. We loved the salad. It was one of the best of its kind I have had.

Our cream of asparagus soup was very nice, and my sandwich was so generous, I could only eat half. The rest of it came along with me for dinner.

The restaurant is located in the beautiful lobby of the Grand Hotel and has a good atmosphere.

Thank you for your review. Unfortunately we are no longer offering lunch, but please do come back and try us for dinner. We have added a seafood bisque soup to the dinner menu which rivals the asparagus. Thanks again.

All the best.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Stuffed Portabello Mushroom over Quinoa for dinner was perfect...just the right amount of sauce. The White Chocolate Cream Brulee was outstanding. 5 days later I HAD to return because I wanted to try the Scallops with Lobster Sauce everyone enjoyed previously. Great choice! For dessert the goat milk vanilla ice cream with a berry swirl was heavenly!

Dustin D, Manager at Grand Taverne Restaurant & Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for your review! Chef Dave just added the Portabello Mushroom dish and it has had rave reviews. The Creme Brulee is hard to beat, however you must try the cheesecake or the chocolate paradise next time. The scallops are one of our most popular dishes due to the lobster butter sauce. The ice cream you had was a special item prepared for our Food and Wine Festival, but we all hope Chef will make some more soon as it was truly exceptional. Thanks again for your review and please come see us again next time you're in Eureka.

Dustin Duling

Reviewed November 16, 2012

My wife and I were pleased the minute we walked through the door. The decor is very fitting for a romantic night out, anywhere in the world and it fit the historic buildings character to a tee! The menu was well rounded, but higher than many of the family style restaurants in the area. Then again, we felt the service and decor warranted the higher price. Once our food was delivered, my wife and I looked at each other and smiled. The presentation was world class and the food was equally as impressive. Had I been able to change anything, I would have told the other members in our business group to forget my wife and I, and I would have requested one of the smaller tables and gone for the romantic setting. Business could have waited! Due to the size of our group, they included a 20% gratuity. I understand why they do that, but I would have tipped more ... Had they left it off. BTW, for the two of us, both ordering dishes of fish, combined with beverages and tip, our total bill was $84. We felt that was more than reasonable, but it is quite a bit higher than the other places we ate on this trip. We will go back, by ourselves ... This is a must do for couples.

1  Thank Charles S

Thank you for your review. We are glad you joined us and had such a nice time. We look forward to seeing you on your return visit. Take care until then.

Dustin Duling