“A wonderful retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Pond Mountain Lodge and Resort
Ranked #27 of 69 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
Clinton, MS, USA
“A wonderful retreat”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My colleagues and I hosted a working retreat at Pond Mountain Lodge and Resort last week, and the location, services, and hospitality were top-notch. I can't say enough about the beautiful atmosphere and friendly, friendly hosts--Judy and Steve were wonderful. This was the perfect location for our retreat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Norman, Oklahoma
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I attended with a group to spend time at a retreat...the Pond Mountain Lodge and Resort was perfect. The innkeeper provided what we needed and we were able to relax, work, and rest. The pool, hiking, and trail rides are an added bonus.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburg, Kansas
Reviewed June 21, 2013

LOVED our stay at Pond Mountain at the end of May! Judy was a gracious hostess--available but never intrusive. Steve was wonderful with our kids and a kind soul. We stayed in the Hummingbird Suite, which allowed the kids to each have their own bed with a little privacy for mom & dad! The tranquility was priceless. Loved being able to cook our meals, including grilling. The kids were able to run and play rather than being told be quiet like in a traditional hotel setting. Everyone got a chance to relax and play--kids and grown-ups alike, without anyone getting bored or restless. Finding a break in our busy schedule will be a priority so we can go back soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Steves stables is a must do in eureka springs. Steve is a wonderful gentleman and makes your trail ride very enjoyable. We didnt get the opportunity to stay at the lodge but will our next trip. If it rates 1/2 of what our horse ride rated it has to be off the charts. Go see steve, you will have a great time !!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

My partener and I wanted a beautiful place to rest relax and have our wedding, this was the place! The peace was more than we could have asked for and the staff helping to make our day special was amazing. We will definitely be back to stay again. Thank you!

• Stayed June 2013
pondmountainlodge, Owner at Pond Mountain Lodge and Resort, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you so much for the feedback and support. We look forward to seeing you again on your anniversary (or before!).
Sacramento, California
Reviewed June 11, 2013

What a treat to find such a comfortable and quiet place to stay, so close (5 minutes!) to all the great restaurants and attractions in Eureka Springs - yet it feels absolutely pristine and private. The very best moment: being able to mix up a cocktail in my own kitchen (just the way I like it!) and then set up a chair under a tree, on a big lawn, and watch the sunset play over the sky. And all of it completely private, with no other buildings or guests or lights visible.

I explored the Main Lodge building and grounds a little bit, enjoyed the landscaping and architecture and hearing about the history of the place, and was delighted by sitting out on the front terrace to enjoy the tremendous view - 30 miles over the Ozarks, really spectacular. Innkeeper Judy was warm and welcoming - she's a fascinating person, and we had great conversations.

I stayed in the Roadrunner cabin - roomy and very comfortable, country without being kitschy, with a sizable back porch, and surrounded by lawn and woods so that the setting is practically invisible, and not at all claustrophobic. Really appreciated the sizable jacuzzi tub and the comfy bed. And as noted, I like having a full size kitchen that's not in the bedroom!

If I'd had more time, I would have hiked or ridden the horses around the property; if it were summer I would have swum in the pool; if I my family had been with me, we would have fished in the ponds. In other words, I am going to have to come back to enjoy all that Pond Mountain has to offer!

I was in Eureka Springs on a business trip, actually looking at a lot of competing lodging properties in the area, and I can assure you that Pond Mountain Lodge is unique, and a terrific value.

Room Tip: The cabins are so private; you even have outdoor space all to yourself, with no other rooms or cabin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Bossier City, Louisiana
Reviewed June 9, 2013

If you are looking for peace and serenity, this is the place. We (me, my husband and sister) stayed from 5-31-13 to 6-4-13 in the Hummingbird Suite, which was quiet large. This place is like staying with family or friends. Judy (the owner) participates as much or as little as you need without you feeling ignored. You will not have housekeeping knocking on your door every morning unless you want them. The grounds are beautiful. It is only 2.1 miles from town so that everything is convenient but you are out of the noise. You can take advantage of the large pool, fish in the pond, walk the trails, horseback ride or just sit and enjoy the grounds and sounds of nature. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sue C
pondmountainlodge, Owner at Pond Mountain Lodge and Resort, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you very much for your detailed and kind review. I also appreciated how you "resonated" with the resort while you were here! I love it when my guests love this environment as much as I do! Thank you!!
Judy