“A cozy weekend!”

Hidden Springs Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 68 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 27, 2013

The inn keeper John was such a wonderful host. He cared about our stay and was concerned that our room was comfortable which it was. This weekend was well needed to say the least. Our stay at Hidden Springs was extremely enjoyable. The bed was much more than our expectations. I usually don't sleep well away from home and this time I had no problem. The sheets are very high quality as well as the bed. John has put his heart and soul in the Bed and Breakfast and it shows!!!!!!! I will stay here again and again. The accomadations such as the room and the breakfast were wonderful.

Thank you John your a wonderful person and we rea!ly enjoyed our stay.

We will see you in the future!

Mike and Lisa

Room Tip: This all depends on will you be at the Bed and Breakfast the whole time or be going into town most o...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
jgs208, Owner at Hidden Springs Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Thanks for your review of Hidden Springs. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope that you will visit us again. We thank you for your suggestions about our beautiful rock garden, and are glad that you enjoyed the view of the mountains from our decks. Come see us again and often. Best wishes!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The title says it all. John, the inn keeper, was wonderful. He went out of his way to make our stay amazing. He accommodated our diet sensitivities. We stayed in the Toby Smith cottage and it was perfect. We loved the cozyness of it. Yes it is smaller but had everything we needed. Multiple windows with blinds, lamps, ceiling fan and A/C unit, TV, large antique wardrobe. 2 terry clothed bathrobes to be utilized, a jetted jacuzzi tub with shower head as well.

The breakfast was fantastic.large amount of scrambled eggs, juice, large urn or coffee with creamer and sweeteners, amazing gluten free pastries from Cravings, fresh fruit as well.. Our package also included fresh fruit, cheese, crackers ( gluten free) and Spumonti upon arrival. We also had a very relaxing massage approx 4 blocks away, and even had a carriage ride that dropped us off at the front door of our restaurant for dinner that was included in the package. We chose to walk back and admire all the architecture.

We will be returning.

• Stayed: May 2013
jgs208, Owner at Hidden Springs Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thanks for your review of Hidden Springs Bed and Breakfast. We are very glad to know that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us, and that you had a wonderful anniversary in Eureka Springs. We are especially pleased to know that you liked our Historic Tobe Smith Cottage, which was the original carriage house for our property's first owner. We hope that you return to Eureka Springs often, and that you always stay with us... at Hidden Springs. Best wish to you in all of your travels!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have never posted an online review of anything, so this is new to me.
I usually share my praises and concerns with friends by word of mouth.
After my last trip to Eureka Springs, I felt compelled to share my
thoughts about Hidden Springs B & B with your readers. On the
above-mentioned visit, my girlfriend and I stayed in the Smith Cottage
and were thrilled. We found the yard and rock garden to be beautiful,
and the view of Christ of the Ozarks was outstanding. More than
anything else, we greatly enjoyed the breakfast. The owner delivered the
breakfast to the door of our cottage. We were surprised that we got to
pick the time for breakfast. Since we partied the night before, it was
nice to sleep in a little, and then enjoy a breakfast that seemed hot
out of the oven. My girlfriend especially like the spa treatment that
the was part of a package that we selected. The massage was great! We
usually stay at one of the old hotels when we come to Eureka. From now
on, we will stay exclusively at Hidden Springs. You should too!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautiful. You really can't go wrong!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
jgs208, Owner at Hidden Springs Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thanks for your review of Hidden Springs. We are so glad that you had a great visit with us. We work very hard to make sure that our guests have a wonderful stay, and we appreciate your review, as well as the time it took post it. Thanks also for mentioning Gryphon's Roost Day Spa. We are very proud of our relationship with them, and are so pleased that we are able to offer their "one hour couple's massage" as an "extra" or as part of one of our lodging packages. The folks at "the Roost" are outstanding! As you know, we also offer carriage rides and van tours of Historic Downtown Eureka Springs. You should try one or both on your next visit. They are great fun!!!

Thanks also for commenting on our breakfast. We get many great reviews about the breakfast menu, but we never tire of hearing it. This morning, in fact, we introduced some "gluten free" options, which we hope will be pleased to our many guest who are gluten intolerant.

We remember your positive comments about Eureka Springs, and are glad that you plan to visit us again. Safe travels on your return visit! Until then... best wishes!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

We have just returned from our 2 day stay at Hidden Springs B&B in Eureka Springs Ark. This was out first ever staying in a B&B. We chose the Toby Smith cottage which was very nicely decorated and clean but smaller than I have expected, the description for the room stated a HOT TUB it is in fact a Jetted bath tub and just can fit 2 people and that pushing it. I had anticipated a stunning breakfast with the scumptous eggs and pastries, very disappointed on the breakfast it would be a considered a quick start breakfast, small amount of scrambled eggs not enough for 2 actually and a turn over each small glass of orange type juice and coffee no extras(salt sugar creamer fruit ect....) it was served to us each morning on the deck however it was COOL each morning and unless you were to eat on the bed you could not eat inside unless you stood up. I think I had higher hopes for this stay and the B&B web page makes it sound better and the breakfast actually looks awesome in the picture however it was not :( I would return to Eureka Springs but to another B&B and pay the extra$$$ for the breakfast and more ammenties. Our in keeper was super nice I think he has his hands full with this B&B.

Room Tip: make sure you ASK it there is a HOT TUB and how many square feet the room is if your wanting space a...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa F
jgs208, Owner at Hidden Springs Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Thanks for your review of our property and for your comments about your recent stay. We are very sorry that you were disappointed about various aspects of your visit, especially your feelings about our breakfast. As typified in the numerous other reviews, most guests rave about our breakfast and find it much to their liking. We strive to provide outstanding service, always going the extra mile, and we do what we can to make sure that all of our guests are completely satisfied and comfortable. We recognize, however, that "you can not please everyone" and that "some people can not be pleased." We always hope that guests will let us know if they are displeased "while they are here," so that we can do everything possible to solve the problem. We frequently ask each and every guests if they are "having a good time" and if they are "enjoying their stay." You were asked several times, and replied positively. And so, we were left assuming that you enjoyed everything and are a little shocked that this was not the case. We are glad to know that you liked Eureka Springs and that you will be returning to our wonderful town.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

John was an amazingly gracious host who bent over backwards to make sure I was happy: He makes killer eggs - delivered to your room each morning at the time that is perfect for YOU; when I arrived late and was in danger of missing dinner in town, he quickly drive me to a fabulous restaurant and came within minutes when I called to be picked up after (who does that?!); his love for Eureka Springs and his enthusiasm for it's history is infectious. I came intending to work remotely most of each day and ended up taking off hours to go explore the places for which he holds so much love. I was not disappointed. The location of this B&B makes it easy to get to town on foot without being in the thick of all the hubbub. A real treat!

Room Tip: The Blue Willow room has a lovely little deck that really added value to the room. I was able to din...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
jgs208, Owner at Hidden Springs Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Thanks for your review of Hidden Springs Bed and Breakfast. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. It was our pleasure to give you a tour of Eureka Springs, and hope that you will visit our beautiful village again. And, of course... we certainly hope that you will stay at Hidden Springs on any return visits. We were also glad to hear how much you liked the Blue Willow Suite. We are very proud of our cottages and suites, and are happy that you were comfortable during your stay with us. Please come again. Until then... we hope that you have safe and happy journeys!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I was given a two night stay at Hidden Springs as a retirement gift. My husband and I just returned and the accomodations were wonderful! We stayed in Dove Cottage and really enjoyed it. Our host, John was also wonderful. He arranged a carriage ride for us on our first night and even drove us there personally. Everything was clean and comfortable and the breakfast was delicious. We plan to visit again.

• Stayed: April 2013
jgs208, Owner at Hidden Springs Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Hidden Springs, and are thrilled that you plan to visit us again. We enjoyed having you as our guests, and look forward to your return. Thanks for sharing your experience with others!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I wanted a quite weekend away and was so happy I found Hidden Springs. I stayed in Dove Cottage and completely enjoyed the private terrace, fireplace and Jacuzzi tub. The view of "big Jesus" was awesome and it was a quite place for reflection and meditation. My host, John brought me a lovely breakfast every morning. He even helped me satisfy a craving for Chinese food with delivery to my door! What more could a girl ask for?

Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
jgs208, Owner at Hidden Springs Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Thanks for being our guest at Hidden Springs. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay in Dove Cottage, and were pleased to read that you liked our property and service so much. We hope that you will return again and again. Until then... best wishes!