All reviews sarah bernhardt outdoor shower lord tennyson suite each morning front porch main street my husband and i gourmet breakfast anniversary card bread pudding trolley station delivered breakfast in town bed and breakfast wonderful hosts romantic place sitting room
Reviewed May 31, 2016

Beautiful suite, great hosts, awesome breakfast and top location for downtown pubs and bars in Eureka Springs. We really had a great time and are looking forward to coming back. Sandra and Carl are great hosts!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sandra C S, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2016

It was great fun meeting you both and especially since there is an "Old World connection". Glad you enjoyed our splendid location! Herzliche grusse!

Reviewed May 30, 2016

My husband and I treat ourselves to a monthly b&b getaway. We often return to Eureka Springs. The Cliff Cottage Inn was a welcoming, charming place located in the heart of Eureka Springs. We stayed in the Alfred Lord Tennison room - with an outdoor shower! Try it once and you'll be hooked. Although the cottage is the frills and lace of b&b's, the food is absolutely AMAZING! Sandra and Carl are exceptional hosts - - making sure you have all the ammenities of your needs and then leave you alone! Park and walk (easy access to Eureka) to dining, shopping, and history of Eureka!

1  Thank Amy V

Sorry it was a bit rainy but happy you were able to get out and about and enjoy our magical little hamlet. Thanks for the kind words about our breakfasts -- we love it when guests enjoy our culinary efforts! :)

Reviewed May 25, 2016

This was our return to ES after many years away. We carefully reviewed lodging alternatives and were drawn to Cliff Cottage B&B after reading many accolades from previous guests and from pictures available. How fortunate we were to have the opportunity to meet owners Sandra and Carl, and to stay at Cliff Cottage. These people are among the very warmest we have ever met, and completely committed to providing the best B&B experience that is available. From pictures available; we chose to stay in Alfred Lord Tennyson suite, complete with Jacuzzi and outdoor shower. There were two areas; one front porch and a second back patio, where we warmed in the sun while enjoying wine. The suite is luxury Victorian in décor, while homey and relaxing with quiet all around us. If you are a foodie; please consider guesting at Cliff Cottage! As I understand it, Sandra has world-class talent and experience, and will prepare absolutely delicious sumptuous breakfasts that are delivered to your door by Carl every morning. These breakfasts are not to be found at any five-star restaurant...they are that good! And the presentation is as artistic as I've ever witnessed. The breakfast alone is worth the cost to stay here. We were so well taken care of in every way, that we miss being there, a week after arriving home. As the advertisements suggest, this has to be the premier B&B in Eureka Springs and it is within the shopping district so need to seek parking resources. But it is Sandra and Carl who make the experience memorable with their warmth and concern for their guests. Each unit of the B&B is varied and different but be assured all are exquisite and have different surrounding to please. Thank you Sandra and Carl for being such special welcoming people, and for providing a visit we will never forget. The Stevens

1  Thank donsS9073ST
Sandra C S, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2016

Thank you, Don, for such a glorious review -- we are both overwhelmed by your kind comments and expressed so beautifully --- let us know when your book comes out for you surely must be an author! I'm so glad you enjoyed the suite and the breakfasts. Carl said it was always a delight to deliver to you because you were both such cheerful joyous guests! Oh, lest I forget, Alfred, Lord Tennyson sends his best regards from across the herring pond.
PS I think the word, "no", was missing from the sentence about no need to seek parking as all our guests have their own pre-assigned reserved parking space on inn property. I always tease and say the guest is paying for the parking spot and the suite is free. :)

Reviewed May 20, 2016

This was our second visit to this lovely town. We chose the Cliff Cottage for our 30th wedding anniversary, staying in the Sarah Bernhardt Suite. We enjoy the B&B’s when we travel. It is a comforting, historical, hug rather than the industrial, sterile, coldness of many corporate facilities.

Sandra becomes your friend on the phone and in emails before you ever arrive. She helps set up your stay so there are no surprises, unless you want them. ;) Our rooms were wonderful. The cliff walls create the patio, and the fountain feature brings the springs of Eureka Springs directly to you. We loved the trickling water sounds, soothing and relaxing, as was the Jacuzzi.

Location, location, location! We fought finding a parking space last time we visited, no worries about that this time. Only once did we even need our car during our stay and that was to visit the wonderful Gaskins Cabin Steakhouse. We do recommend a visit across the street to Local Flavor. A word about restaurants, we went mid-week. Tuesday & Wednesday seem to be the local folk’s weekend, so some establishments are closed. If you want the crowds and all the extra events, you need to be there on the weekend. If you want free rein with folks enjoying taking their time with you, go mid-week. Sandra’s breakfasts will cause you to skip lunch or only need a snack, so splurge on dinner. Sandra has been around the world and her breakfast menus show great taste in fresh foods. I personally have an herb garden and enjoy cooking, so I loved finding fresh cilantro, mint, and lavender in the menu. Not everyone takes that extra measure to insure those small details.

Carl the #1 Elf was a delight. He was genuinely interested in the stories we told. I loved the similarities in the house with one I grew up in. I shared a silly story with him. His reaction was to rush off to Sandra to share it. They are a very cute team.

We loved our stay and often do not stay in the same B & B’s twice, but may have to in this location to try a different suite and additional breakfast recipes .

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Sandra C S, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2016

Thank you so much Cheryell, for that glorious review and Carl and I are so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. Yes, regarding parking in Eufreaka...I always tell guests they are paying for their on-site reserved parking space and the room is free! Glad you enjoyed your dining experiences both at the local eateries as well as our breakfasts delivered to your door. Elf Carl loves chatting with guests when they have time and he always tells me the neat things he hears after delivering the breakfast trays. And I also wanted to thank you for your tips on growing basil since I have been having difficulty with mine this year. I think it is that dang chipmunk nibbling at it again!
We'll be here when you need to get another Eureka "fix".

Reviewed May 20, 2016

I have visited Eureka Springs many times and each trip, my eyes were always drawn to the Cliff Cottage Inn. You can't miss it nestled in the bluff right above Main Street Eureka. Too often, I would eat lunch or dinner at the Local Flavor Cafe and daydream what it would be like to stay there. Finally, I decided it was time for me to experience it for myself.

I liked the fact that you could book a 1 night stay. I also liked the fact that Sandra sent out tremendous details prior to my stay. She really does give you every possible piece of information you need (from driving directions to parking spots to how to work the thermostat). If you take time to read her notes carefully, you will know exactly what to expect. Really, it's all there for you to read in advance ;)

I stayed in the Henry David Thoreau suite. A bottle of white wine, several midnight snack cookies, and information about the history of the place greeted me. The jacuzzi tub was fabulous as was my little balcony on the bluff. Had the weather been more cooperative, I think I would have spent hours on the balcony reading a book.

And the breakfast...oh my heavens, it was wonderful! The portion was generous without being too much. It was delivered right on schedule by her husband Carl.

Overall, I felt so welcomed and cared for. It was such a quiet and restful experience!

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Thanks, Susan, for taking time out of your busy schedule to write such a nice review. We're glad you had a nice stay and were able to unwind "far from the madding crowd" over there in Fayetteville! We'll be here anytime you need another digital detox.