“Return stay in Collette's Mini-Suite at Cliff Cottage Inn”

Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages
Ranked #5 of 69 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Iola, Kansas
“Return stay in Collette's Mini-Suite at Cliff Cottage Inn”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We came back again this year to stay in Collette's Mini-suite! We love everything about staying here, from the twittering of the birds as we come in the door to going to sleep to the sound of the surf in a most comfy bed! If we did nothing but soak in the jacuzzi and enjoy our fabulous breakfasts on our own private little deck against the cool shady cliff, it would be enough! On top of this, we are only stairsteps away from the trolley, which can take us "anywhere" in this delightful Victorian village - or we can stroll the downtown streets, shop, and dine at our leisure. We got a little of everything we needed to make this the perfect prelude to our week's vacation - exercise, rest and relaxation, reading, sightseeing - plenty of time to enjoy one another!

Room Tip: Collette's Mini-suite overlooks downtown Eureka Springs, but the 'from the bottom up" s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Shawnee, Oklahoma
Reviewed July 19, 2012

On a whim my husband and I went to Eureka Springs, Ark. for the weekend. It was just the two of us so a bed and breakfast seemed the way to go. Fortunately, we found a vacancy at Cliff Cottage Inns. We stayed in Thoreau's Suite at the place next door. The suite was beautiful and comfortable, we were pleased immediately. The owner and her 'elf' were both so generous and accommodating we felt welcomed right off. Their experience in running a B&B was obvious as they saw to every detail with the utmost confidence and professionalism. We enjoyed a lovely night, then a beautifully prepared breakfast at precisely 9:15 am just as they said. Kind of cute.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bly10995
Sandra0013, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
We are thrilled the guests enjoyed their stay. That's what a B&B "is all about"....creating a peaceful haven for guests to relax and rejuvenate so that they can truly enjoy each other! Thanks for giving us that opportunity to do what we love doing!
All best,
sandra
Garland, Texas
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Dear Sandra,

We are so glad that we chose Cliff Cottage Inn to spend a couple of days for a wonderful getaway. As you know, our friends, Tom & Rita, and my wife (Anna May) and I were each celebrating 38th wedding anniversaries. It seems like yesterday - Tom's wife, Rita, was a bridesmaid in our wedding; and I was a groomsman in their wedding in 1974. Reserving the Sarah Bernhardt and Alfred Lord Tennyson Suites was a perfect choice. We had Elf Katie unlock the door that adjoins the two suites so we could enjoy one another's company during the two-day stay. The attention to detail in preparing for our arrival was grand - the anniversary cakes; the chilled wine; the candy dish (now you know my weakness); even a special anniversary card from you and your elves to each couple. The only thing missing were you and your husband (as I understand you were traveling the country in your RV) - but Elf Katie provided us with much TLC. After unpacking, we sat out back on the patio enjoying a glass of vino - or two. How "cool" - literally with the stone cliff, cave and all that created a wonderful, quiet sanctuary for enjoying some peaceful conversation and meditation. Your location was also a plus as we walked the downtown area, enjoying the various shops during the first weekend of the May Festival of the Arts - thus being able to leave our car at the Cottage. The two breakfasts provided were so Eur-freakin' scrumptious; and a great idea to provide a sweet breakfast one morning followed by a more savory breakfast the next. Hopefully, we will return sometime to enjoy your Cottage again. Next time, perhaps, we will have the pleasure to chat with you and your husband as we have read so much about your life's adventures and experiences. We did get one of your cookbooks; and in one of the art galleries, we purchased a color-print of the Cottage.

We loved it,
Larry and Anna May

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Larry B
Sandra0013, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
This guest made the reservations almost a year ahead and we are SOOOO glad both couples were thrilled with their stay!!!! We feel we are on a sort of "mission"....to offer a very special place where couples can relax their physical selves, renew their spirits and rediscover the joys of just being together. Both couples have been together for 38 years and we feel blessed that they chose to celebrate their anniversaries at Cliff Cottage Inn!
sandra
Leavenworth, Kansas
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Katie was a fantastic "elf". She was always smiling, ready to assist and makes the most AWESOME breakfast. Thanks Katie for helping make this a fantastic weekend.
The Sara Bernhardt suite was clean and roomy with a very private patio. The location is convenient to downtown shops and restaurants.

1 Thank Mike M
Sandra0013, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
We are happy this guest was pleased with the service our "elf" Katie provided and that they enjoyed our famous breakfasts which are all original recipes I have created over the 20 years I have owned my inn. We are sorry the guest only gave us a 3 rating on "cleanliness". We take great pride in and are fanatic about offering 100% spotlessly clean lodgings and our housekeeping staff are diligent about cleaning by the "white glove" policy. The only thing we can figure, since we haven't heard directly from this guest, is that they might have found some spider webs in the three-room spacious suite. In the Springtime, ALL of Eureka Springs has spider webs as the spiders come to our town for the healing waters. At every checkout, we have a special long-handled mop to remove all webs but somehow, by magic, those little devils are able to overnight create more of their silvery artworks. We apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort these little critters might have caused our guest. As to "sleeping quality" -- we provide mattresses that are handmade by a family in their second generation of making these wonderful mattresses. They are not "sleep number" mattresses, but all our guests seem to be happy with these beautifully made mattresses. As to "value", we are the only inn located in the heart of the Historic Downtown and each of our cottages has two very large private-entrance suites with private front porches or balconies, livingrooms, jacuzzis and king or queen beds. We are the only inn in all of Eureka Springs that delivers a full-gourmet breakfast on a sterling tray right to the guest's suite. We are also the only one that pops a complimentary bottle of Champagne or white wine and assorment of sodas in the guest's mini-fridge and there is an abundant supply of teas, coffee, hot chocolate and chai in every suite. We feel our rates accurately reflect all that is offered and are even currently discounted because of the slow economy.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 22, 2012

On our anniversary I began to look for a restful and romantic getaway within driving distance of Tulsa Oklahoma, someplace away from the city, phones, etc. I did some internet surfing and found an interesting bed and breakfast called the Cliff Cottage Inn in Eureka Springs Arkansas. I did the typical research and learned that Eureka was originally touted for the healing properties of the waters there. I booked a night at the Cliff Cottage in the Sarah Bernhardt’s Suite. We packed overnight bags and headed to Eureka. The folks at Cliff Cottage kept in touch with me by email and the directions led us through some of the most beautiful vistas and forested areas in this part of the United States. Not a long drive at all, when we drove into Eureka I began noticing the art; I personally felt that this was going to be fascinating for the both of us. We followed the Elf’s directions and when we parked at the Inn my wife was instantly charmed, she was very happy she’d packed her camera and was taking pictures all the way. The air was sweet and the flowers in bloom beautifully, it was April. I’d like to describe every nook and cranny but my writing isn’t as good as the Elf’s (yes the Elf is a writer) the Inn is this wonderful kit house set on the side of a Cliff, happily painted, lavishly furnished, immaculately clean and very inviting. We found ourselves someplace special. We walked up to Sarah Bernhardt’s Suite and my wife’s first impression has kept me out of the dog house ever since, this was a place she will always remember, the decorating was, romantic; a bottle of wine sat in our personnel fridge along with an assortment of soft drinks, exotic and real coffee with our own coffee maker, candies and cookies (I was not expecting cookies). I opened a door on the side of the bedroom and found it opened onto a private patio .We took the Elf’s advice and dined at one of the places she’d suggested (You can’t go wrong with elven wisdom). When we had returned and got settled in to the room a friendly knock came on the door and it was time for a massage. I sat on the porch(oh yeah, there was this great little porch on the side of the cottage that over looked down town) during my wife’s massage and listened to someone playing a Native American Plains flute, its sound echoing magically through the valley that is Eureka. I began to relax. My bride came outside and told me it was my turn (I’d not ordered that) my wife told me she’d ordered for me because (get this guy’s) “Your such a thoughtful Man and deserve to relax”. Man that was great. We lounged around and then went for a walk during that mild evening through the streets of old Eureka. There are some friendly faces you’ll see there. I slept like a rock and in the morning a gentle knock came on the door and the Elf had brought a delicious gourmet’ breakfast with Champaign and coffee after (I like coffee). I really need to stop here and say that all the other is great but it is worth the trip just to have an Elf prepared breakfast, we’ve no earthly words for this magic she makes and serves, just wonderful. After breakfast I found myself back on the patio hearing that flute again, my mind rested, clear, and sharp, my body strong but relaxed and my appreciation for the colors of the spring lit anew as if I were a child once again. Being a grown up though I knew I’d have to pay for this and guy’s hear me here, all that came in below the cost of one five star dinner for two. We’ve been back several times and anticipate another relaxing visit very soon. Go see the Elf and be enchanted too.

Room Tip: We've stayed in 3 and they are all great
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AshCreek
Sandra0013, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
It is such a thrill for us innkeepers when a guest takes time to write a review and especially when it is such a nice one as this!!!! Just warms the cockles of our hearts to know that we are able to provide a magical respite to our guests away from the stress and worries of everyday living! It makes all our efforts worthwhile and so very rewarding!
From the Cliff Cottage Inn elves (Carl and Sandra and Katie, too!)
dallas, texas
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Enjoyed our time at this quaint old cottage! My husband planned a last minute trip and selected this place from among other B & B's in Eureka. We've been to Eureka Springs before and have stayed in hotels and cabins there but not a B & B. He made a good choice! We liked the location - we stayed 2 nights and never got in our car. I loved walking and shopping and eating in town along main street. Our suite at the cottage was comfortable and spacious enough with 2 good-sized rooms. Great king-size bed. Enjoyed the jacuzzi tub which is located in the bedroom - at least in this suite. Nice small private front porch. Good breakfasts delivered to our room, and it was nice to eat privately without having to join strangers for breakfast, which is the case in lots of other B & B's. Breakfast was served a little late for our tastes (9:15) and later than many B & B's, but the in-room coffee was amazing, and there was real half & half! These coffee drinkers were impressed! There are many nice touches: a plate of cookies, bottle of wine, old books about the poet for which the suite is named, a sound machine next to the bed which is good to help mask some of the noise from the street in the evenings (although overall it was quiet throughout our stay

I was not enamored with the outdoor shower, which I think was only with our particular suite (my husband wasn't paying attention when he booked the suite!!) . Although there is a partition around the shower for privacy, the back patio is not really private. And when we were there, bees hovered around the shower and we also saw some mosquitos. So I stuck with the jacuzzi inside, which was certainly not a problem! Overall, we were very satisfied and would stay here again!

2 Thank maverick4
Sandra0013, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
We're so glad our guests enjoyed their stay and also sorry the one guest didn't care for the romantic outdoor two-person shower tucked into the rock bluff which so many of our other guests find absolutely divine! It is 100% totally private and there are only two suites in this very large cottage -- during this guest's stay Sun.& Mon. , we did not have any guests in the adjoining suite so the back deck was also completely private. We do have an indoor shower two steps away in the building next door on the same property and that shower is strictly for the private use by guests in this particular Tennyson Suite. We provide bathrobes so they can step out their bedroom door, walk across the deck and into the house next door where the shower is located right inside. They apparently chose not to take advantage of the indoor shower. We're sorry for the bees -- it is Springtime and with all the gorgeous redbuds, dogwoods and Spring flowers, the bees can be seen from time to time enjoying themselves. We were surprised to hear about mosquitoes which we've never had in 20 years as there is no standing water anywhere on our inn property. We certainly will check into this!
Choctaw, Oklahoma
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Our very first trip to Eureka Springs and I am SO glad we chose Cliff Cottage Inn. It was PERFECT for mine and my husbands 6th Anniversary. From the moment we arrived and walked down to Local Flavor (FABULOUS Filet Mignon) to sitting on our porch that night overlooking the sleepy little Main St. The Inn Keeper gave us valuable local information on restaurants and things to see. Our little "Elf" who delivered breakfast was a ray of sunshine for sure! And did I mention the breakfast??? YUM!! The cottage itself was very well appointed. NEVER felt cramped like you can in some B&B's. Also, everything inside was in excellent shape and nothing felt old...just quaint. 100% satisfied and WILL be back. We want to stay in EVERY suite.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Sandra0013, Owner at Cliff Cottage Inn - Luxury B&B Suites & Historic Cottages, responded to this review, March 11, 2012
We're delighted the guests enjoyed the spaciousness and ambiance of our Robt. Louis Stevenson Suite in The Artist's Cottage. It's always fun to have guests stay with us who are just discovering our magical Eureka Springs for the first time and we look forward to adding them to our long list of guests who have been happily returning to our inn for the 20 years we have been open!