“Like your own home”

Beaver Lake Cottages
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Had a wonderful experience. No detail overlooked. All the amenities you have at your own home, plus a spectacular view of Beaver Lake. The advise provided about local attractions and eating establishments was "spot on". Easy access to lake recreation and sightseeing at Eureka Springs.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I wasn't too keen about going to Arkansas however, my lovely sin partner talked me into it. Our first stop was Little Rock, second stop Hot Springs, I wasn't impressed with either location but, Beaver Lake........jack pot. It was just what we needed. As we entered the main drive it sloped down, trees and cottages on both sides, the trees gave adequate privacy to each cottage. As we exited our vehicle we both looked out over the tree line and saw the blue lake, it took our breathe away & a smile came to both our faces. As we walked up to the office door, Deanna welcomed us to the cottage, explained the amenities & highly suggested we read over the white binder in the suite: the white binder explained everything, not to mention what restaurants to visit while in Eureka Springs. We were quite happy sitting out on the patio, sipping on a glass of wine, looking out over the lake. The next day we ventured out for a hike that took us down to the dock. A pontoon boat was available for rental and we took advantage of that the next day. The lake was like glass & only a handful of boaters were out. Our timing for visiting Beaver Lake was perfect, it was just after Labor Day so for many, it was time to go back to work or school. I am not one for crowds or noise. Beaver Lake Cottage was perfect for us. We will definitely go back.

Room Tip: If you want to cook rent a cottage, if not rent a suite. If you rent a suite you will need to feed t...
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived the afternoon of Labor day 2013 which was very nice. The drive to the cottages was breathtaking at times, we even laughed when we read the sign that said, "Crooked and Steep next 6.5 miles." It was like the picture sign was not relevant enough to get the message across to drive safely and abide by the road signs.

The directions that were sent to us before arriving were on the spot. You can not rely on your GPS to get you there don't try it, ask William.

There was not a bad view anywhere on the property. When I called to inquire if it really looks like the picture on the web, I can say, "IT REALLY LOOKS LIKE IT IF NOT BETTER".

We stayed in the downstair suite attached to the home seperate entry. So BEAUTIFUL! I was teary eyed from the entire beauty of the place.

On Tuesday the day after Labor day we went into Eureka Springs, only to return after grabbing something to eat for lunch and stopping at Walmart to grab basic food essientials so we would not have to leave the cottages again. Before heading to Arkansas we packed two ice chest and a few camping items just incase we needed them. Because we stayed in the suite we did use a few camping items we packed such as the cutting board to slice fresh tomatoes and cucumbers we picked up from a local farmers market. We purchased wine to last us the trip, cheese with crackers to go with that wine too.

The first morning as I woke I sat up in bed because I wasn't really sure if I was seeing what I thought I was seeing which was a deer right at our window looking in. WOW! so cool! Each morning we sat out on the patio for hours drinking coffee enjoying the muffins left for us the day before. In the evenings we once again sat for hours drinking wine, watching the sunset, the stars rise and the insects sing. What a grand peaceful time it was.

Deanna who greets you when you arrive is awesome!
Neal the owner is a very genuine, so easy to converse with. He even brought out some carrots so I could feed the deer the morning we were headed back home.

The bed, a sleep # bed was very nice to sleep on, the linens were top of the line, OH and not to forget Yanni playing softly when we entered the suite to set the mood.

I could go on and on as the place was wonderful!
I didnt even touch on the hikes, the boat rental etc.

Next time we go, AND we will go, we will stay in one of the cottages. The cottages were just as nice, a little bigger and had a small kitchen. Just an AWESOME AWESOME place.

Room Tip: All the cottages are awesome! We like the location of cottages 1 and 2 but once again they all had a...
1  Thank Renea R
Reviewed June 28, 2013

(Late June 2013) - My wife and I took a quick 2 night stay and are ready to return. Everything about Beaver Lake cottages was perfect. We stayed in one of the suites connected to the home. It was quiet and the view from inside the room as well from the deck was wonderful. The extra care the owners Neal and Carol put into making the stay special sets this place apart from others we have stayed at in the area. Definitely a return trip in our future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2013

This place is so special!! We rented the 2 bedroom cottage for a weekend girl's trip. We started off with fresh home-made cookies when we checked in at the office. Neal was so nice! There was ample parking right in front. The cottage greeted us with an abundance of light and fantastic view of Beaver Lake. It was so light and airy. There were even more goodies waiting for us in the fully-equipped kitchen, even a bottle of wine. Special touches abound including fresh flowers, sleep-number beds, luxurious linens, and bubble bath for the Jacuzzi for two! We watched deer and various other wildlife on the decks the next morning.

You'll never want to leave this place, but if you do, they provide a complete guide to Eureka Springs area restaurants and attractions. We liked the trolley tour and The Crescent Hotel ghost tour, but I wished I had stayed in the cabin and done the Eureka Springs activities after we checked out on Sunday.

We loved it so much, we are already planning a trip back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the suite connected to the owner's home for a three-day getaway for our 15yr wedding anniversary last June/July. The suite was very clean (my wife is picky on cleanliness), quiet, had Directv Satellite TV, awesome jacuzzi for two, sleep number bed, fresh muffins for breakfast, and an awesome view! We got to see a lot of deer outside our suite and we loved sitting outside in the mornings enjoying nature and the view! We even saw a bald eagle in the wild on a Beaver Lake boat tour. We had a wonderful time and plan to return! I would highly recommend for any couple celebrating an anniversary or just wanting to get away!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brad C
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I have felt compelled to write this because Neal and Carol Watts made our trip wonderful. They went out of their way for us. We rented their boat and spend the entire day on the lake. We stayed in the 2 bedroom cottage in June 2012. We had a wonderful family vacation. The high light for the girls was their room they just loved it, so much nicer than a hotel, like home. Full kitchen which we used for breakfast. We took our teenage daughter and her friend. Plenty for them to do in town they enjoyed the shopping. Will be back again. Austin TX

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family