“Romantic hideaway”

Beaver Lakefront Cabins
Co. Down, Northern Ireland
“Romantic hideaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2008

We spent two wonderful nights in one of the cabins here on Beaver Lake. The views were beautiful and the cabin was finished to an extremely high standard. The cabins are only a short drive from Thorncrown Chapel and Eureka Springs.

We drove from Little Rock on a Friday evening and did not arrive to late, but the management had let our key and had a bottle of champagne chilling for us!!

This really is the most beautiful place that I have ever stayed and would never dream of staying anywhere else if I was visiting Eureka Springs again.

• Liked — Everything!!
  • Disliked — There was not one thing I disliked about these cabins
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2008

What a great place if you want a romantic getaway this is it!!! It is very seculded and peacfull. The staff are wonderfull and very helpfull. When we booked we just wanted a room they were doing work and upgraded us to a cabin for no extra cost if I went
back though I would spend the extra for a cabin. The rooms exactley as described clean , modern, and amazing views from your deck or inside room due to wall of windows. Also staff helpfull bbq grill didnt work staff went out of way to find portable
grill for us. would go back again . Only downside really need truck or suv road is gravel and steep and wish they allowed kids
mine would love the dock and the fishing.

• Liked — cabins and location
  • Disliked — road to cabins
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2008

This facility is reputed by locals to have an 80% occupancy rate (very high). Some attribute that to marketing claiming the proprietors do a better job than many other cabin operators in the area. While that may be true, we'll tell you that execution has to backup the marketing. And it does.

Details matter. Plenty of nice plump towels. His and her terrycloth robes. His and her slippers. All conveniently placed just outside the enormous shower (the shower is great). Nicely appointed, comfortable and what you'd expect from a place that uses the term "luxury."

A nice audio/video system with easy to use remote with pre-programmed macros so you can turn off everything with one button, or activate the DVD player with one button. When you check in, sign out a few DVD's from the inhouse library (at no charge) and you're set - in case the weather keeps you inside.

Dial out nationwide for free (party line). Cell phones won't work (which suited me fine) and you can't get incoming calls, but you can give family the number to the office so you can be reached in case of emergency. And the Internet is wireless, but I found it sporadic (worked sometimes / sometimes not).

The kitchen is well-appointed with quality ware. As advised, we bought groceries at Hart's Groceries in Eureka Springs and ate in the cabin a few times. A gas range, microwave and full sized refrigerator make things just like at home.

A flashlight plugged into a wall also served as a night light (details, details, details). Bird feed is kept in a small trash can on the patio so you can refill the bird feeders on the porch. A gas grill is also on the porch. One area is screened in and another is wide open with two rockers and a table with a mosquito-repellent candle.

Furniture is comfortable and well done. It's not cheezy or cheap feeling. Plenty of supplies (towels, soap, cleaners, lighter for candles, etc.). Once you check in you've got whatever you need for a nice stay. You can even buy a bag of ice at the office if you need.

These folks have thought of everything. And the place is VERY secluded - just what we wanted. I only had one beef - the windows up near the ceiling had no covering so when the sun comes up - there's no way to sleep late! DOH!

Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2008

We stayed in the Arkansas Grand Suite. It is very nice and we most likely will return during a warmer season. The view is beautiful and the Jacuzzi tub is great. The surround sound was nice for watching movies. The unpaved road to get there shocked me! I know there were previous reviews about it, but I couldn't believe it! it was very spacious and had a closet bigger than my closet from home. Also, the bed was SOOOO comfy. The only complaint I have was the noise. I was surprised to hear every footstep of the people above us. It was worse than an apartment or any hotel I have ever stayed in. I will make sure when I go back to request the bottom floor or go when no one else is there. We paid a premium to stay there given that it was a holiday, which was all the more reason for my disappointment. Oh ya, I hope you don't mind lady bugs because several lived in our suite. :) However, It was a cozy little getaway and we hated to leave. When you go plan to bring plenty of food - I didn't expect it to be that far away from Eureka. It wasn't bad, probably 15 minutes or so, but when you're only there for a few nights it's a pain to drive into town each day you're there especially given that long, bumpy, hilly unpaved road :).

• Liked — High quality, well maintained suite, comfy bed, view and the romantic feel
  • Disliked — The noise
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Luv2Travel19
Youngsville, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2007

My husband and I just returned from a very needed vacation for just the two of us. When we arrived at Beaver Lakefront Cabins, we were at once excited that they were secluded and private around a most lovely sparkling lake. We were warmly welcomed as we entered the office to check in. There we were able to check out games, movies, and more for our stay. Each morning a complimentary continental breakfast including hot coffee, juices, fruit, muffins, etc. was provided. But when we opened the door to our cabin, we were beyond pleased! Nothing was omitted! Every luxury imaginable was ours. We were greeted with a chilled bottle of champaigne, a warm and cozy fireplace, an even more inviting hot tub for two, a large and comfortable bed, a huge multi-jetted shower, a bar b que grill, screened in porch, rocking chairs on the porch overlooking the lake, bathrobes and slippers, and so so much more. We were in Heaven. The grounds were clean and filled with natural beauty...The easy assessible boatdock included a heated, enclosed fishing room containing fishing poles, bait, nets, and FISH! Paddle boats and canoes were available for use on Beaver Lake, too. There were plenty of opportunities to hike/walk around the area...and a personal walking stick was provided for just that purpose! We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Beaver Lakefront Cabins and felt so refreshed and relaxed upon leaving. We will definately return! We felt we have found a real treasure!

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank rjgillock
Stillwater
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2007

My husband and I were looking for a nice romantic place for our one-year anniversary. All the cabins and bed and breakfasts we found were too "Victorian Lace" and country corny. When we saw the website for BLC, we booked immediately! The website should be re-done; it does not do it justice!
We stayed in a suite for 2 nights. My 2 favorite things were the bed (oh my gosh!) and the jacuzzi. Very nice! We did not do any of available activities at the cabins (indoor fishing, paddle boats), but I wish we could have - not enough time!
One word of advice - if you have the option between driving a car or a truck/SUV, drive the SUV! The wind-y dirt road you take down to the cabins is very steep.
BLC is amazing - We will definitely be back ! There wasn't one thing overlooked. The service was beyond great and the amenities were awesome. I am in college and studying hospitality - I am usually so critical of hotels and restaurants, but there isn't a single bad thing I can say about this place!

• Liked — the amazing bed and the jacuzzi
  • Disliked — having to leave!
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ostatecubbie
Liberty, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2007

My wife and I stayed the in the "Arkansas Grand Suite" for three nights (March 12, 13,14). The comments of the last three reviewers (from Mar 10, 2007 back to Dec 15, 2005) are not exaggerations. We, too, were suitably impressed for all the same reasons. The views, the careful attention to detail, the cleanliness, the new-ness, the seclusion, the large list of amenities – it’s all true. Our suite was just as large as described on their website (--). The pictures do not give it justice. I can only guess that the reason for such a small number of reviews is because those who have been here now consider it a rare “find” which they do not want to share. With only 10 units – 6 well-spaced cabins, and 4 private suites within a single three-story building – it might start to get harder to get a booking.

• Liked — super clean, well-built, well-designed, significant attention to detail
  • Disliked — all very minor points: complex remote for dvd/surround/tv/satelite (comes with manual)
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple