“2nd honeymoon!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Evening Shade Inn Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 68 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Minco, Oklahoma
“2nd honeymoon!”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

After 21 years of marriage,my husband and I decided to come to the Eveving Shade Inn because of it's high ratings. Our expectations were very high, and trust me we were not disappointed. We couldn't have asked for a better place to go to get away, just the 2 of us. Our room was so romantic. It was very spacious, and the bed was amazing! You walk outside and there is a beautiful scenery with lots of trees, and a deck with a gazebo. Even though you are just a few minutes from downtown, it feels like you are in a quiet secluded area just for the 2 of you. There are so many bed and breakfast locations in Eureka Springs, but a lot of them are in the busy part of Eureka Springs. I loved the Evening Shade because it was very quiet. The breakfast each morning was hot, and amazing. The desserts each evening were also delicious. It was very easy to find, and everyone was so nice. Thank You again for a wonderful weekend! We will definately be planning another get away at the Evening Shade!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Our 1 night Anniversary stay was fabulous & all the extras such as chocolates, candles around jacuzzi, robes, desserts & full breakfast delivered to our room were a nice touch! They went out of their way to make our stay so special.

• Stayed August 2013
Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was our second visit to Evening Shade. The first was just a romantic weekend away and this time was to celebrate our 5 year anniversary. The evening shade cottage is wonderful!! We had everything we needed and then some. We were very well taken care of.

Eureka Springs is a great destination too. Everyone is so friendly! We booked a massage with our package and it was heavenly! Looking through the visitor's package in the room, I found an ad for Intrigue Theater. I HIGHLY recommend seeing this show as well!

Overall, the trip was money well spent and I look forward to visiting again soon in the Evening Shade Inn!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sherwood
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We traveled here for our 20th anniversary and we pleasantly surprised by the warm welcome we received when we arrived. The room was nicely decorated and spotless clean.
The location was VERY convenient and accommodations were just wonderful.
Breakfast each morning was nothing short of delicious and varied each day as did the desserts that were served every afternoon.
I can not say enough good things about our stay and we will be back again and again.

Room Tip: They have a great website with lots of pictures.
Oklahoma
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I found this place on line when l was looking for a "get-a-way" for my husbands birthday. I knew I wanted to take him to Eukera Springs to see the Passion Play, but didn't want to stay in a hotel. You see we too our "Inn Keepers". We have a guest ranch in southeastern Oklahoma and the "only" way to have a true day off is to go somewhere! LOL. I knew as soon as I spoke with Donna via the phone, that I had found the place! I booked us their "Honeymoon Cottage" and was not disappointed! I added on some of the extras that they offer and was NOT disappointed. When we arrived we had Chilled Champagne with glasses, a heart shaped birthday cake and a wonderful Spa basket all awaiting our arrival. VERY ROMANTIC! Donna took extra care to make sure of the time we'd like to have our breakfast delivered to our cottage and to also went over the menu with us to make sure that we would enjoy the meal. She even made a few changes for us, so that my husband would enjoy the meals. Cottage was very clean and inviting, bed was very comfortable, the large jaccuzzi bath tub for two was REALLY a two person tub, unlike some of the other 2-person tubs that you see alot. They stocked the cottage with everything to make sure we enjoyed our stay with them. We don't drink coffee, so she delivered tea bags, honey and fresh lemon slices just for us!! What a treat. Daily desserts and breakfast was good. I told her the only thing we thought they could change in the cottage was to get a more comfortable loveseat/recliner for two. The
Victorian love seat, looked nice, but wasn't comfortable for a couple that likes to sit together while watching TV.

Room Tip: I looked at several of their rooms. They were all beautiful, but we preferred a cottage for more pri...
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very nice place to stay. From the owners to the Lil ladies that brought breakfast. I really enjoyed the serenity. Wish we could have stayed longer. I enjoyed everything from breakfast to the jacuzzi. I liked how it was nestled in the "woods", but just off the highway. Did I mention that breakfast was wonderful. The room was beautifully decorated. The rooms were cleaned daily and the snacks restocked daily. Certainly a touch of class. My lady and I will return.

• Stayed July 2013
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We only stayed here two days. Overall, for this short time period, our experience was pleasant. Service was prompt and great. Staff were friendly. Place was clean and comfortable. Could use a bit more variety on the breakfast main dish as opposed to quiche two days in a row. The room had a window A/C that was rather noisy but worked well. A more quiet A/C unit would have been nice.

Green Features: There was a small recycling trash bucket in the room in addition to a couple of regular trash buckets.