“Charming and Inviting”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
1881 Crescent Cottage Inn
Ranked #19 of 68 Eureka Springs B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I recently went to Eurkea Springs to volunteer for a Blues Festival for two friends in our "Blues Family." They made reservations for me to stay at this B&B and what a treat. I manage a small B&B in Mississippi so I was anxious to see how this place compared. It took me two minutes to realize I could not compare the two! This place fit right in Eureka Springs with the charm and detail given to everything. I had an absolutely cozy room which was more like a small apt. The couple Ray and Elise are genuinely friendly and make you feel special. The two breakfasts that I had were outstanding and the table setting was eliquent. I hope to go back next year and I would recommend this B&B to anyone that wants an outstanding place to stay.

Room Tip: There are 4 guests rooms and I stayed upstairs.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MsMarc

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We have stayed with the Crescent Cottage Inn over 6 times in the last several years. Each time, we receive the same excellent quality of service. The Crescent Cottage Inn is a beautiful, well-kept Victorian Bed & Breakfast. We have stayed in 3 of the 4 rooms available and each one is comfortable, private, clean, and furnished to the time with lovely antiques. Each room has a jacuzzi tub. We personally prefer either Miss Adeline's room or Charlotte's room, as both offer access to the back porch that has 2 porch swings and a table/chairs. The back porch opens to the back yard that is complete with flower gardens, bird bath and a water fountain in which you can watch the birds play. Owners Ray and Elise welcome their guests with amenities such as warm cookies in the parlor each afternoon, and chocolates and soft drinks in each room. Guests may check out movies to view in their private rooms, if they desire. Each morning, coffee and tea are available before breakfast. Breakfast is served at 9 am either in the dining room or (depending upon the weather) the upper back deck,and it is truly delectable! Elise is a wonderful cook (dare I say chef?) and if you leave the B&B table hungry, you have no one to blame but yourself! She serves gourmet breakfasts, beginning each meal with a delightful fruit entree (such as sliced apples drizzles with caramel and coconut; broiled bananas sprinkled with a light coating of chocolate/cinnamon and a white glaze; honey butter pears ... just to name a few). Alongside the main meal, she serves a specialty bread that complements the theme of the main course. Trust me, you will love it and you will be soon speculating about what treat might be offered the next morning at breakfast!

The Crescent Cottage Inn is a close walk (a mere few minutes) to the activities and shopping of downtown Eureka Springs or up the hill to the Crescent Hotel, yet it sets just back enough to provide a quiet and peaceful place in which you may sit and relax on the back or the front porch. Or you may decide to take a stroll through the neighborhood of Victorian homes - it's located on a beautiful street on the historic loop of Eureka Springs.

I would very much recommend this B&B to anyone headed to Eureka Springs! I'm attaching a couple of pictures I took of the garden and waterfall.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Toni M
Reviewed May 17, 2012

We had the recent pleasure of staying two nights at the Crescent Cottage Inn. We frequent Eureka Springs several times during the year and have enjoyed many of the local B & B's. This stay was among our favorites. We thoroughly enjoyed our conversations with the Inn owners Ray and Elise. Elise was very knowledgeable not only about the history of the inn but of the area as well. The breakfasts were large and exceptional. The furnishings were true to the Victorian era and were lovely. The back decks have a beautiful view of the mountains. Our room was large and comfortable. We hope to return soon and often!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gulfcoastbabe
Reviewed September 8, 2011

After a two night stay at the 1881 Crescent Cottage Inn we left wanting only one thing, to be able to stay 2 more nights. A historic Painted Lady, the home and grounds are well kept and peaceful. Although a short walk (3 minutes) would find you in the middle of the old bustling Eureka Springs downtown, the back porch is a place of calmness with trickling waterfall and birds of color and full of song. The dining area and living room which are always open to guests, have the unique feel and look of the late 1800s. Thick wool carpet, antique furniture, beautiful artwork and the surprise of a certain collectable, add to the charm of the home. Our stay was in Miss Adleline's Suite which offers a private entrance, good for coming in after a late night at the haunted Cresent Hotel just up the road; direct access to the back porch, nice place to start the day with great coffee and end the day with a nightcap; and a couple's jacuzzi with bubble bath provided. The queen size brass bed and comfortable chairs made the time spent in the suite relaxing. Although we didn't use it much, there are cable TV and movies available. A bonus is the WiFi connection which allows you to pick and chose which of the numerous outings around Eureka Springs you would like to enjoy. Your host and owners, Elise and Ray, also have great suggestions and nice little "local" tips on everything from parking to great food. Speaking of which, the breakfast served @ 9 is delicious and home made. Fresh fruit, eggs, french toast are just a few of the items we were offered and everything was tasty and unique. The time with the host and other guests at breakfast had lively conversation and laughter. In all this B&B was just what we needed, a fun, relaxing and clean home to enjoy our time away from our hectic daily lives. We hope to visit again to see this great town in each season and we will be sure Elise and Ray are our hosts.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms offer nice views, downstairs rooms offer private access and porch.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank StLess
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We had a great time at Crescent Cottage Inn! Elise and Ray were very nice and helpful with suggestions and reccommendations! The breakfast was awesome! We stayed in Miss Adeline's Room and loved it, especially the back patio that was attached and overlooking the garden!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Let me start by saying the online reservations were very simple and easy to follow and all policies were stated up front. The reservation confirmation arrived soon after making our reservation and also included a listing of the policies.

We reserved Charlotte's Room for one night and wish we could have stayed more. We stayed in the old business district at the New Orleans Hotel for two nights and when we decided to stay an additional night we decided to try something different. The 1881 Crescent Cottage Inn was a great find! It is across the street from the Crescent Spring that has a nice walking trail up to the Historic Crescent Hotel. The evening and morning walks along the historic Spring Street were peaceful and enjoyable. The 1881 Crescent Cottage Inn is the oldest and most historic inn in the area. Powell Clayton, the 1st Governor of Arkansas after the Civil War, built this beautiful home.

When we arrived Ray greeted us and gave us a tour of the house and the grounds. There were fresh cookies waiting for us in the parlor. Our room was on the lower level and had a private entrance along with a private sliding door out to the veranda in the back. We had access to the living area along with our room. The mini refrigerator was stocked with complementary soft drinks and every detail in the room was perfect. They even had a nightlight in the bathroom and Ray had the fireplace going. Free WiFi is available and worked very well. Sitting on the veranda in the evening and the next morning was very nice and relaxing. Coffee and tea were available at 8:00am in the morning with breakfast served at 9:00am in the dining room. They said that they usually have breakfast out on the veranda but moved it inside do to the crisp morning air.

We met Elise at breakfast and let me tell you she not only enjoys cooking but she can cook. She does not have a set menu and will cook to meet any special dietary needs. Another couple from Texas was staying here and joined us for breakfast. We laughed as we live about 45 miles apart. We told Ray at check-in we could eat anything and she fixed the best breakfast, which was also the best meal of the trip. Anyone up for strawberry stuffed French toast? Elise joined us at the table and was very knowledgeable about the area. She shared many interesting stories about the town and people of Eureka Spring.

We would highly recommend staying here. Elise told us they also have Murder Mystery Weekends a couple of times a year. It was nice to meet both Ray and Elise and thanks for the great hospitality! We hope to make it back soon. Travel safe_ JAGIN

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JAGIN
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I made reservations and gave credit card info and received confirmation which states if you cancel at least 10 days before the reservation you will be charged $25.00.

Two weeks later I called (still 20 days before the reservation) and told the owner I was considering cancelling. Elise, the owner, informed me that I would be charged half of the cost of my stay.

I called my credit card company about 30 minutes after speaking with Elise and told them although my card had not yet been charged, that the merchant and I were disagreeing on what the cancellation fee would be and I needed to know what my options were. Boy was I surprised to be told by the credit card company that Elise had 24 minutes earlier ran my card for 250.00 ! Soon as I got off the phone with her she ran my card! Fortunately the credit card company removed the charge for me because I did have the confirmation.

Very questionable business practices!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank kidsmovedout
Athyrio, Front Office Manager at 1881 Crescent Cottage Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

This was a misunderstanding. This lady had to cancel for our Murder Mystery weekend. We usually require 1/2 down for the event as there is quite a cost for set up and such. She was only charged $25 which is our regular cancellation fee.