“Good, economical experience”

Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Holden, Missouri
“Good, economical experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2009

Stayed at the Country Mountain Inn for one night in room 108. We found the room to be very clean, the bed comfortable, the linens of good quality, and the grounds very cute. The continental breakfast is just that, bagels, rolls, cereal, coffee, tea, juice and milk. The room the breakfast is served in is well-decorated and very relaxing.

The property is under new ownership and management...new owners only in place 7 weeks.

During our stay the pool and the hot tub were both unavailable. I agree with prior poster about the poor soundproofing between the rooms. It was quite cool during our stay so we turned off the air conditioner and were able to hear voices (not actual words) in the adjoining room. When we turned the fan of the A/C back on it was no longer a problem. We could also hear people using the stairs to access the upper level clearly in our room.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed at this motel over Memorial Day weekend. I had read all the reviews, which is why we chose this motel. Apparently it is now under new ownership, and our overall experience was less than pleasant.

1. We saw spiders in the bathtub. I awoke Monday morning with places on my torso, but didn't think much about it. By Wednesday, one of them was looking very angry and infected. The doctor, nurse, and nurse practitioner were all in agreement that it was a spider bite. I had at least 3 of them. I called to tell the owner about it, and his response was that he appreciated me letting him know, and he'd call the Orkin man back out there (he had apparently just been there not long before), and the housekeeper hadn't alerted him to any problems! He finally told me before we hung up that he appreciated me letting him know, and he was 'sorry that happened.'

2. I was having the room held until we got there. We got there almost exactly at 3 o'clock, which is check in time. We checked in, presented the credit card, unpacked, and went out into Eureka Springs looking around. A couple of hours or so later, my cell phone rang. It was the owner of the Country Mountain Inn. He began to explain that he was holding this room for me, and was actually turning people away, and would we be checking in tonight? I told him we were already checked in and told him the room number. He said, "oh, I didn't check you in! My mistake"

3. We could actually hear the amorous activities of the couple in the room next to us. There is ZERO sound barrier in those rooms. You could sit in your room and listen to people's conversations outside if you wanted to (we didn't, certainly).

4. The swimming pool was not yet open, for which we received a long explanation about a new part that was needed for it, and the inability to get someone out there soon enough to fix it, etc. I can certainly sympathize, but how much foresight do you need to know to have it ready by memorial day weekend?

I will say, to their credit, that the room was very clean, and it was cheap. Unfortunately, both positive attributes were far overshadowed by the rest of the experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple