“OK not as good as most rail excursions”

Eureka Springs & North Arkansas Railway
Reviewed October 18, 2011

One out of Bransons is much prettier ride and this sin;t close to the Durango Silverton ride. Similar to Fremont train in Nebraska or the one that runs into the plains out of Winnepeg. Conductor is a great story teller and it is kind of fun. They let you smash coins on the trak so that made it OK for me.

All reviews
in 116 reviews
"ride"
in 139 reviews

Reviewed October 12, 2011

Visited the ES&NA Railway this past weekend. Beautiful old depot, lots of great pictures, interesting collection of rolling stock. The best part about the place was how hands on it was and how friendly the staff was. They let my five year old help start the diesel locomotive for our excursion and they let our yellow lab ride the train with us. There was a nice little gift shop, a little overpriced for t-shirts, but nonetheless a nice selection of train themed stuff. There is a little snack shop and you can bring it on the train for the ride. The conductor was enthusiast and friendly and full of interesting facts. We also got to put pennies on the track and watch the diesel flatten them. It's a simple place, the ride is short and not incredibly scenic, but the people and hands on experiences made it worth the visit, especially if you like railroad history.

1  Thank skytravlr2
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We wanted to do this the last time we were in Eureka Springs but didn't. The train ride is a little cheesey but fun. The food was wonderful, champagne was very good too. The wait staff was very friendly and helpful. They joked with us and saw to our every need.

1  Thank ljb1956
Reviewed October 7, 2011

My husband & I were in Eureka Springs for our honeymoon & had lunch on the dining train! The historic depot & train were fantastic & lunch was delicious...dessert, the 'Eurekan Chew Chew was awesome! It was a great overall experience!

1  Thank TexasProud2010
See more reviews
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We took the train ride that was 13.50 per person and there was 2 of us. The conductor was the only thing worth this waste of money. He was so very friendly and informative. We get on the train and went a little over a half mile and then the engine switched tracks and took us right back to where we started. You can see everything from the road that you could see from the train. It is a total waste unless you want to take a small child on the it just to ride train. I was so disappointed that I wanted my money back and was so shocked that it was short. Will recommend that no one do this as it is a waste.

I do not know about the lunch and dinner train but I do know if it is anything like this then you are really going to waste some money there.

4  Thank rmbowen28