“DO NOT StTAY AT ARKANSAS WHITE RIVER CABINS”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Arkansas White River Cabins
Rogers, Arkansas
“DO NOT StTAY AT ARKANSAS WHITE RIVER CABINS”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I received a call shortly after are check out from the maid yelling at me over the phone that we where never welcome to the cabins again b/c we left a light on and some dishes in the sink. She even called us "disgusting", she said that she had never seen such a thing in 20 years!! I was very upset by this conversion as you could imagine for several reasons, but my number one reason is that the we left the cabin in GREAT shape! I picked up the towels, took out the trash, even semi-made the bed before we left. Truthfully, even if we did leave some dishes, or left trash out, or left a light on... if you pay $100 a night for a cabin i believe you are paying for the services of cleaning the cabin. I'm also very upset that the owner give my personal information to the "help" and had allowed her to call me speak to a me in that manner. DO NOT STAY HERE UNLESS YOU WANT TO GET VERY RUDE PHONE CALLS FROM THE MAID!!!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
16 Thank HarlowGraves

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
dallas
Reviewed September 7, 2010

The location is amazing with an insane view of the White River below. We stayed in the Cherokee Cabin and it was small and quaint. It had a very musky smell, but the place was very clean. Only ten minutes from downtown Eureka Springs, which is the cutest town with some of the nicest and friendliest people you will ever encounter. The downsides are that although advertise internet you can forget about it, I could pull up one site before it froze and then would just not work. Don't expect any extra towells, soap, pillows ect. You can tell they are on a very tight budget, even fixing the ac so you can only turn it up so high. You can also have no pets, no kids under 16 and no guests...not even for a bbq. Also the customer service is kind of lacking, my boyfriend lost his cellphone and called to see if they found it and the guy said they were cleaning it right now, when my boyfriend asked if they would call him if they found it they said no, that he would need to call back., I'm sorry but that I think is just rude and completely lacking in customer service, or even just common courtesy.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank countrygirl041
Reviewed July 16, 2010

The manangement was unfriendly unaccomadating! Owner barged in cabin without any notice!! Don't plan on having any guests here even just to say hi ??? No guests allowed!! Need I say more??

• Stayed September 2010
9 Thank Pscarborough
Kentuckiana
Reviewed July 12, 2008

Beautiful location. Accommodations were nice; not exorbitant but very adequate and clean. Bed was comfortable. Price was fantastic. Fresh towels brought to your door daily. Don't count on internet activity, though it's advertised. The owner (a Macoholic) uses a separate provider since the wireless is so flakey. Besides, if you're using Windows, what good thing could really become of you going on the internet? ;) View from the deck (cabins are on a bluff) is great: White River is 450 feet below and an Ozark panorama makes a perfect backdrop. Beaver Lake and Eureka Springs are close, as are several eateries (though most of them were a bit pricey, given the tourist traffic). Eureka Springs, itself, was rustic and historic but a bit too eclectic for me (plenty of shopping, especially if you're of a biker mindset). I would highly recommend White River Cabins and hope to revisit again in the future.

• Liked — Peaceful. Kids under 16 yr's old disallowed.
  • Disliked — Internet access was not as advertised. Forget about it and you'll be okay, honest.
  • Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank LimeyKentuckiana
Chicago
Reviewed August 7, 2007

The wife and I have heard a lot about this little town in northwest Arkansas near the Ozarks and finally made a long weekend of it.
The town is charming, but we wanted someplace unique to stay that was actually in the mountains and boy did we pick a winner. These cabins are awesome. We stayed in the Cliffside and the view is breathtaking. Not only a great view of the mountains and the valley below, but the white river 700 feet below as well.
Perfect place for a romantic get away. We love kids, but this place is an adults only type of honeymoon getaway and I have to say it was wonderful.
The cabins have it all, we just supplied our food and wine and had one of the best weekends we've had in a long time.
Can't wait to book our next stay.

• Liked — peaceful setting and great views
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank JDeco