“Mixed feelings about Autum Breeze”
Review of Autumn Breeze Restaurant - CLOSED

Autumn Breeze Restaurant
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fine Dining steak and seafood house. Specialties include Char broiled steaks, coconut-beer-battered shrimp, rack of lamb, lobster, beef Wellington, shrimp flamed in tequila, escargot, Asian style ribs, crab legs, lasagna, coquille St. Jacques and chocolate soufflé. Wine Spectator Award of Excellence. View from every table, free parking and excellent service.
Mountain Home, Arkansas
“Mixed feelings about Autum Breeze”
Reviewed December 2, 2013

We are staying at a bed and breakfast for the first time in Eureka Springs and this restaurant was recommended to us by our wonderful innkeeper. We went there on our first night's stay and were starving because we had not had time for lunch! We were the first people to arrive that night since we were early dinners (again, no lunch) and were seated promptly. Our waitress was attentive and kept our drinks refilled well, but when I asked if she had tasted any of the dishes on the menu to get a flavor opinion she admitted that she had not tried any of them. I then asked her which of two seafood options looked the best to her (since she had not tasted them) and she told me that they all seemed so "similar to her that it was really hard to tell." I choose the Conquilles de Jacques??? which had scallops and shrimp in a sherry cream sauce. It came with rice and mixed vegetables. My husband had a new york strip steak which came with mixed vegetables and a potato. They served us fresh bread and salads also. We also ordered a goat cheese and herb stuffed mushroom appetizer. Let me just say that the appetizer was absolutely delicious! The goat cheese was rich and creamy with a delicate blend of herbs that made my mouth absolutely water. It also peared perfectly with the bread that they gave us which had a nice crusty exterior to complement the creamy cheese. However, the salad dressings on both my salad and my husbands were not good in my opinion. (And they were two seperate types of dressings.) Also I did feel that my scallops were a bit tough, but the shrimp was wonderful as was the cream sauce. My husband felt that his steak was good, but nothing over the top. The mixed vegetables were well done except that I did have one circle slice of carrot that was about as big as a half dollar. The only other thing that I found odd was that the lights kept dimming and then brightening again. So much that another couple at a table next to us was also talking about it. It was almost like they had something on that breaker that was taking up too much juice. So while I felt that the food was pretty good overall... I guess the ambiance was a bit lacking for me considering this was a "fine dinning experience". The price for fine dinning wasn't bad though. Our check with drinks and tip was about $65.

• Visited November 2013

Plano
“The Hands-Down Winner”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We ate dinners at some of the highest-rated restaurants on our recent trip to Eureka Springs. They were uniformly excellent, but Autumn Breeze took the prize.

I had the New York Strip au poivre, and my wife had a filet au poivre. They were some of the best steaks we have had, and we've dined at some great restaurants in cities noted for their steaks. We also had the chocolate souffle. It was delectable, but did not beat one a French restaurant back home makes.

The waitress told us about the pains the chef goes through to select and hand-carve the steaks. Apparently, it takes him hours to trim the primal cut and then cut the steaks. That has to be the secret behind them, because they really are that good.

We loved the view out the back of the restaurant, too. It's wonderful to enjoy a top-notch meal and be able to have such a scenic view of the woods. That's a great combination.

We will be back on our next trip, and nothing will stop us.

• Visited November 2013
MO
“Meh!”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

This is my second time here in about 7 years, and if it hadn't been for our friends wanting to try it, we would have taken the reservation we had at Gaskins...lesson learned...lets start with our waitress...why do you give us an extensive wine list and not train your staff on it's contents. She knew absolutely nothing about the wines as she told us. We ordered a $28 bottle (very inflated) of red wine, and when she brought it out, she could not get the cork out and took it back to the kitchen, where she came out with another $38 bottle, which we did not pick up on at the time as we were talking and reading the menu. When my hubbie poured our wine, the last glasses were very cloudy...lots of sediment, and tasted a bit strange. We left the wine on the table, and when we got the bill we noticed the switch, and called her on it, and had the extra $10 taken off the bill. As far as the food....steaks were ok, the chicken over tons of rice with the same well steamed veggies that we all had was fast food at best. Too many dishes served on top of a large amount of basic white rice. My shrimp and scallops were two small butterflied shrimp and three very white, not nicely browned scallops, and tons of rice and limp veggies. The sauce on it was its only saving grace. The chocolate souffle was a joke. Not like the picture that was nice and fluffy, but a hard, seemingly microwaved dish of hard brownie like stuff. VERY disappointed, as some people have raved about it in the past...what is up with the chef to let that get out of his/her kitchen in the first place...we will not come back and not recommend this place AGAIN....even if friends want to give it a try...they are on their own.

• Visited October 2013
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Dining - October 22, 2013”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Located off the beaten path. Our party wasn't sure if the building was the restaurant or not. Very plain looking. Even the sign out front didn't suggest that this was the place. What a surprise. The inside was tastefully decorated. We were quickly seated and beverages ordered and served. The freshly baked bread brought to the table was warm and smelled as good as it tasted. Our party order a filet, seared tuna, shrimp and scallops and the coconut beer battered shrimp. Everything was prepared as asked and very tasty. We also had the Tarte Tatin and a pineapple flambé for dessert. The flambé was prepared tableside with the lights dimmed. Very entertaining and both desserts were almost sinful. The waiter we had was very accommodating, very polite and very attentive. A++ dining and a very pleasurable experience.

• Visited October 2013
Tomball, Texas
“Delicious!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went there for our anniversary dinner and were so happy. The food was delicious. And I recommend the chocolate soufflé for dessert. The best dessert I've ever tasted.

Visited October 2013