“A Purely Delightful Experience!”

and 1 more site!
Lake Lucerne Resort
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Over the Memorial Day weekend this year my husband and I traveled to Eureka with friends for a birthday celebration and stayed in the Becky Thatcher House at Lake Lucerne cottages. The decor was cozy and welcoming, the cottage was spotlessly clean and the location and peace and quiet were incomparable. What gorgeous surroundings! We particularly enjoyed the patio and dock area. The entire property gave all the seclusion and privacy one could want with the convenience of being just moments away from the attractions of Eureka Springs.

I have been to Eureka literally dozens of times over the years and this experience stands head and shoulders above any other lodging stay I have enjoyed.

For Christmas this year? A gift certificate for our adult children to be used at any of the Peabody/Historic Cottages properties. I know their experience will be outstanding!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Knickknackpatti
There are newer reviews for Lake Lucerne Resort

Reviewed December 6, 2009

We have been going to lake lacern cottages for approx. 8 years. I am a person who will return to some where that I feel welcomed and service is excellant. My wife is very peticular about staying at different areas, but all I have to say is "do you want to go to the cottage this weekend" and she is ready to go. Faryl is the owner of many of the cottages, and she will take good care of you! She knows what it means to you, when you realy need to have time to relax, peace and quiet,a friend and if you need something, recomandations for anything in the area, she can tell you.
Mr. and Mrs. James Filek

• Stayed: December 2009
1  Thank sherwoodtripper
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Staying at our Gingerwood cabin was a complete pleasure for my husband and I this week-end. The cabin was cozy and the weather beautiful. A highlight of our stay was sitting on the deck, communing with nature while we drank our morning coffee. On Saturday morning as we sat on the deck along came a young buck who stopped to graze a few minutes and then moved on. We also enjoyed watching and listening to the geese on the pond, not to mention the multitude of various other birds. We kept looking for the otter but never got the pleasure to locate him (maybe next time). If you love solitude and nature, this is the place to stay. It is also great if you have several family members coming together. My youngest daughter was getting married this week-end so she and her husband to be stayed in another cabin and my oldest daughter and her husband stayed at another. It's a great way to stay close enough to interact but still have your privacy. We all loved it!! Oh yes and we arrived to a fresh baked pumpkin bread to great us also, yummmmmmm.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2009

The Cottages at Lake Lucerne are located only a couple of miles from downtown Eureka Springs, yet they seem to be nestled much farther away. The lake is surrounded by woods bristling with wildlife, and is extremely peaceful with no highway noise, yet conveniently located to many of the local attractions.

The cottage we stayed in was perfect and they accommodated our extended family, which includes three golden retrievers. We really enjoyed morning and evening walks and fishing in the Lake. I would definitely recommend this for people wanting a little more peace and privacy than some of the motel chains on the highways provide ;-)

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 29, 2008

We spent our Thanksgiving holiday in the Bayberry. It was our first time at the Historic Cottages and absolutely will not be our last. The website is so accurate. What you see there is what you get. The cabin was so charming, so cozy, just what we were looking for. Our four year old granddaughter was with us. She was so enthralled with the cabin the minute she arrived that we had a very hard time talking her into leaving it just to go eat. She was so afraid someone might "take" it while we were gone. We had a long conversation about the meaning of the word "reserved" and she felt a little better then. I cannot recommend these cabins highly enough. My family loved staying there. The grounds will be beautiful this spring with all the bulbs that were being planted. We certainly plan to be back to see them in bloom.

Stayed: November 2008
Reviewed September 24, 2008

Our family (plus the inlaws) stayed at the Clovertree Cabin for a long weekend in September. It was exactly what we wanted! The Cabin itself was exactly what was portrayed on their website, simply elegant yet comfortable. The beds were VERY comfortable! I have a two year old son, and I couldn't have asked for more entertainment. Geese waddled down the dirt road on a daily basis saying hello to whoever would listen. Deer visited the field behind our cabin several times, and we even had an opportunity to catch a few frogs and grasshoppers near the lake. The full kitchen was stocked with plenty of pots/pans/ etc. perfect for us who really didn't want to take a 2 year old to a fancy restaurant every night. The resort grounds are still "in progress" but the owners of the cabins just purchased the property this year and have big plans for the property. I can only imagine how spectacular the area will be once the land has been landscaped. Overall it was a great experience I would recomend it to anyone. The cabins are just a short drive to downtown and right down the road from the local grocery store (which by the way has everything you would need for a long stay).

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed August 27, 2008

We had such a wonderful time in the Bayberry. We brought our 2 children ages 8 and 2. They loved exploring the property and fishing. We liked being close to town but loved the feeling of being far from. I look forward to returning as well as telling everyone I know to visit the Cottages. Make sure you have good cell phone coverage as the phone did not work in our cottage.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)