“Average experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night
Olathe, Kansas
“Average experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I ate here the weekend of Memorial Day. After finding many places fully booked, we came across Cafe Luigi, which had a completely empty terrace. Because we were really hungry, we decided to eat here, not expecting much since they were so unbusy.

The first you notice is the blaring music from the huge bar across the street. It makes enjoying a relaxing evening at the place impossible. I feel bad for the place, because without this extremely loud place across the street, it would be a nice, relaxing place to grab a bite to eat. As it is, imagine being on a relaxing patio, with a water feature to make the place more relaxing, and they having AC/DC perform across the street with huge speakers, that is what it is like here.

The service was adequate, bordering on very good. There were just a few things that kept them from being very good, namely the switching of servers several times, and the unusually long time between visits, especially troubling considering we were the only people there for 1/2 hour.

The food was good, not great, but good.

All in all, it was an average dining experience. Not good enough to make you remember it, but not bad either. I would eat here again if in a similar situation. I really think they could make the place something special with just a few changes, however.

• Visited May 2013

Springfield, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Service”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Please take the time to read this. My family and I were at this restaurant during St Patty's Day Parade 2013. We were lucky to find seating on the patio facing the street and were excited about watching the parade. Waitress came and took our drink orders, so things seem to be going smooth. We began talking to the family next to us and they informed us they had been waiting on their food for 20 minutes. Their food came shortly after. Problem was, it was 2/5 meals they ordered. By this time our drinks were running dry. My wife and the wife of the family next to us got up and got our own drink refills. 35 minutes later, our waitress had not come back for our food orders. She only took our drink orders. From what I could tell, there were 4-5 other tables waiting on food or drinks. 2 out of those 5 got up and left. Come to find out, the waitress was recently hired and this was her first day AND she was the ONLY staff waiting tables....on St Patty's Day? We spoke to an older gentlemen (we assumed owner or manager) that didnt seem to care or understand why we left. Anyway, horrible management decisions cannot lead to a pleasurable dining experience. We ended up at the Mud Street Cafe which was excellent!! Underground, great staff and food. Check it out!

1 Thank Trybefan
Memphis, Tennessee
“Wonderful Salmon”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Fresh grilled salmon steak on a crispy colorful salad. I was with two friends from Detroit, they were starving. They had two appetizers: ravioli espaniol & a perfect sized crispy crust pizza. Then they each had lasagna. The owner cooked our dinner himself and told us he is celebrating 25 years in business! Great food, thanks, Luigi

• Visited April 2013
Fayetteville, Arkansas
“Excellent Eatery!!”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

my wife, stepdaughter, and I ate here this past St. Patty's day weekend. Despite being slammed all day due to the holiday crowds, the staff was incredibly friendly and hospitable. I had the 1/2 lb. cheeseburger (Black Angus) and my wife had the Lasagna, both the best we've ever had. The owner himself came out and took our order, and was one of the nicest people I've met. He came back to our table on several occasions, and offered again and again to give us any information for our visit to Eureka Springs. When I commented to the waitress on how good my burger was, he came back out to thank me. Disregard the negative reviews, this is a great place to eat!!

Cuba, Missouri, United States
“Don't stop here!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We've been coming to ES for 14 years. Had never stopped in to Cafe Luigi's and will Never stop again. Advertisements are completely false. "add salad to an appetizer to make a meal"... Ha! Only if you are 8 yrs old. I asked for a few minor changes that I was willing to pay extra for...I was told "You can't do that, my boss is pretty picky". So I changed my order to accommodate what they offer on the menu and then I was told "You can only have that if my boss says it's ok and if I can figure out how to ring it up". When my food came it was not what I ordered but the more expensive version of my entree. Pasta was chewy to crunchy in some places. Also, don't go here thirsty, you'll die of dehydration. Terrible, terrible, terrible!!!

3 Thank RWBx3