“Not the best; Not the worst; just average.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Forest Hill Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 129 Restaurants in Eureka Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Forest Hill is a large, warm and friendly restaurant. We have a large main dining room as well as two private rooms for parties, wedding receptions, business meetings...etc. In our lobby we have a large gift shop along with travel and entertainment information for our visitors. We have a large parking lot that easily accommodates tour busses.
Saint Augustine, FL
“Not the best; Not the worst; just average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

During my recent trip across the U.S., my lunch plans landed me here. I chose this place strictly on a whim while passing through town simply because it looked rather inviting. There was ample parking up front, but it was because the place was not at all busy during what I would consider to be the lunch rush hour. I tend to think that if a place is busy then it's good. If it isn't it's never a good sign. Well, I was in the mood for a surprise so in I went.

The restaurant is deceptively large inside and there were approximately 8 patrons (including my friend & I). There are plenty of menu items to choose from, but there's an obvious (but not pushy) effort by the staff to choose their daily buffet. I likened to the thought that it's probably what the locals tend to enjoy, so the buffet it was.

There was an adequate number of food choices, but it didn't really stand out as anything more than an average buffet. The staff seemed to be proud of their daily fried chicken which is what I chose along with various side items. The chicken was juicy and freshly fried, but it sort of lacked in taste a bit. It wasn't bad per say, but it was a little on the bland side for me; everything else seemed fine.

The service was good and full of that southern charm you would expect from the area, and you're made to feel welcomed while visiting. I did find it a little strange that even after we had finished our meals, the patron count hadn't really increased by more than two more persons. Since I'm not from the area I have no idea if there's any negative history with this place or if it's simply because there are many places to choose from in the surrounding area. There is a historic section of Eureka Springs further up the road which I presume gets the majority of visitor traffic, so that's certainly a possible factor into this establishment's lower guest count.

That being said, the overall experience was good and definitely a good value. While I *would* return here for lunch, I wouldn't seek it out without trying other places first.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Missouri
“Very good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014

We ate here during our stay (4 friends) and each of us liked our meal. 3 out of 4 of us got steak and they were well cooked and very flavorful. Large. The chef did a great job. He even came out and asked how our food was. Our fourth friend had chicken that was covered in a creamy mushroom bacon sauce. She loved it! Our meal also came with some very delicious mashed potatoes and some mixed vegetables (squash, zucchini...etc). The price was reasonable and you got a lot of food for what you paid for. We didn't leave hungry!

The service was very good and the staff was very friendly. We definitely enjoyed our meal! Would most definitely return!

• Visited August 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“Yummy Buffet and Excellent waitstaff!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014

Met with friends there - lots of great choices at the salad bar and the hot food bar - the fish and pork loin medallions in raspberry sauce ooooooooh so good! The waitstaff was so friendly, and very attentive without being bothersome! Easy to find too!

Visited August 2014
Banbridge, United Kingdom
“Worth a Try”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014

Our group of 5 seniors stopped here for lunch on a recent trip through the southern states. Three of us had the buffet, while two ordered sandwich platters off the menu. We had never been before, and immediately noticed the nice spacing between tables when we entered the dining room. It was a very rainy weekday, but our server, Gina, had a smile on her face and was very attentive. The buffet selection was good and the sandwich platters came with chips, etc. All were well satisfied. The only comment I would have is that the buffet selections could have been hotter...some items were just warm. Otherwise, a good meal at a very good price. Tip: print the coupons on the website for 10% off the buffet.

• Visited May 2014
Columbia, Missouri
“Slightly sub-par”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Tried something different for breakfast after reading recent reviews and looking for someplace out of the downtown area. Restaurant was clean, service was decent. Food was average to say the least. One in our party ordered off the menu and seemed happy with hers. The other three of us got the 6.99 buffet. Price was VERY reasonable and you pretty much get what you pay for. Typical buffet choices and quality. Canned gravy, dry scrambled eggs, bacon lump straight out of the deep fryer, as what appeared to be the method of cooking the sausage crispy links as well. Fresh fruit tasted good but was being served with the same tongs they used to serve the half cinnamon rolls. Choice of tiny pancakes or waffle pieces with all the melted butter you could EVER want (seriously, an entire tray full of melted butter right next to a matching tray of syrup.) have driven by here many times on our regular trips here and now I can say we've tried it, but probably won't go back.

Visited August 2014