“Dinner”

Ranked #45 of 132 Restaurants in Eureka Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations
Description: Forest Hill is a large, warm and friendly restaurant. We have a large main dining room as well as two private rooms for parties, wedding receptions, business meetings...etc. In our lobby we have a large gift shop along with travel and entertainment information for our visitors. We have a large parking lot that easily accommodates tour busses.
Long Lane, Missouri
“Dinner”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Great food, friendly service, good prices. Would tell others of this fine resturant. Will go back next time in Eureka Springs

Visited October 2012

“Good food”
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

I am not usually a fan of buffets, but this one was better than most. The hot food was hot and the cold food was cold. Went with a large group, and they quickly seated us and got our drink orders. The cook/chef behind the hot food bar wasn't very talkative, so I had to depend on people in front of me to explain some items. A couple of well-placed labels might be a good way to get the information across without having to talk--if that is a concern for him. The pork was tender if you didn't manage to get the end pieces, so spend a few extra minutes to find an inside piece. I didn't try it, but several people said the bread pudding was a little dry. Overall, good food at a reasonable price.

They did restrict us to only one bathroom at the back of the gift shop which was a bit of a challenge. Trying to get 19 people into one bathroom (men, women, and handicapped) was a bit slow. One of our group got them to open the downstairs restrooms, but then folks had to deal with steps.

Mauriceville, Texas, United States
“A Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stopped here since it was next to our hotel (Quality Inn). at first it looked a little suspicious... almost empty dining room, very small buffet... However, after choosing the buffet because of price and speed, we were pleasantly surprised. Although the choices were very limited (chicken, fried fish, pork tenderloin), the food was delicious and filling. The fried chicken and mashed potatoes were yummy! I wish I had more now! The service was friendly and prompt. Only thing I did not like was the salad bar. Only romaine lettuce... and no thousand island dressing?
No, it's not upscale dining, or a dining "experience", but if you need a good "home-cooked" type meal and have small children, this might be the place for you.

Visited October 2012
Arkansas
“BULLY EMPLOYED HERE”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I made the unforltunate choice to eat Sunday morning breakfast at this restaurant. The bacon was greasy, the biscuits cold and salty and the jelly was some cheap knock-off brand that had no flavor. The hot chocolate was good, but it was "open the packet, add hot water and stir" variety. My fiance had eggs, toast, homefries, and ham. He commented that the toast and homefries tasted like old grease, which of course raised red flags for both of us. Our server, Annette, behaved rudely when she brought my food, and threw it down on the table and walked away without so much as a "sorry". Luckily it did not fall out of the plate. I was speechless to say the least. Maybe she was having a bad morning, but why I was her target to bully is beyond me. When she brought the ticket to our table she made a point of placing it underneath the edge of my plate. My fiance and I never indicated that I would be paying, and that has never happened to us before as it was quite apparent we were an "older" man and woman with old school ideas of who pays. My tip about this restaurant is to by-pass it completely, if you are looking for Southern charm, a smile, and good food because unfortunately you won't find it here.

• Visited October 2012
Eureka Springs, AR, USA
“Ok buffet”
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Some items on the menu were good, fried chicken and mashed potatoes were cooked correctly...other foods nothing to write home about...salad bar was average.

Visited September 2012