“Great Show”

Ozark Mountain Hoe-Down
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Mike Nichols has returned to the "Ozark Mountain Hoe-Down" After 15 years! He has brought along with him his beloved characters "Tator (Chip) Patches" and "Uncle Posture Pedic". Mike has also assembled an amazing cast of, Performers, Pickers, Singers, and Entertainers, who are among the top Talent in the country! This is a Family Show that provides Good Clean Family Fun! Designed for ages 2 to 92! This is a must See Show!! It truly is the Hottest Show In the Ozarks!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Eureka Springs
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Show”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I have attended the show many times, the George Brothers and crew put on a great show for the whole family no matter what age there is something for everyone, great music and comedy! We do not hesitate to refer this show to our guests.

1 Thank Rick B

Arkansas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Love that P-nut”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Great corny humor. It will keep you laughing, even if you don't really want to! It's a definite "not to miss" evening whenever you're in town...

The music is heads over heels better than "that other place" and the ambiance feels like you've just stepped in for a visit with friends.

The music is very good and keeps you wanting more. They'd changed the format of the show since I last saw it several years ago and, I have to say, it's so much better now but still has lots of that "down home" feeling that is comfortable and not pretentious.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank RestoReviewer
Waxahachie, Texas
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“THE BEST SHOW EVER”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This by far is the best show in Eureka Springs. Its a good family show and we never miss it and we go ever year and sometimes twice because we love it so much. The George Family and the rest of the group make you feel at home and treat you that way. P.NUTT is a hoot and the kids love him and so do the adults. So whatever you do DO NOT miss this SHOW!!!

4 Thank txblurose
Plano, Texas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Excellent Music and Singing”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We wandered in not knowing what to expect, but had a great time. The George brothers and their band were excellent. Because the music was so good I found myself wishing for more music and less talking! There were a couple of off color jokes, but nothing offensive. They are pros and put on good show and worth the money in my opinion.

3 Thank TexasMDA
St. Paul, Minnesota
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I read the reviews before deciding to go to this show, most were favorable so I thought we would check it out. For the price of tickets to this show I was expecting something a little more professional. I felt amateurish to me. No one seemed to be working the sound or lights. It was too bright on stage with florescent lights and sometimes the mics were to low. Maybe it was because this is the end of their season and the house wasn't full that it appeared stripped down from what I read in the other reviews. Hoe-down makes me think of banjos, fiddles, etc. Some of the pictures show that but we saw none of that. It should maybe be referred to as a variety show rather than a Hoe-down. I really felt like walking out at intermission but stayed since the tickets cost as much as they did. The couple who sat behind us had seen the show before and also said it felt stripped down and that there were fewer performers on stage than the last visit. Would not go again and will not recommed to family or friends.

3 Thank Nerzie