“One of a kind”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed March 20, 2009

I love little restaurants like this, so I knew I would love it from the minute I walked in. There is an atmosphere that cannot be described. It is tiny, yes, so I would only go with one or two people. The food is extraordinary, quality ingredients, original cuisine and a true essense of the life of ES.

2  Thank HappyChefGirl

Reviewed January 26, 2009

My husband and I asked our Innkeeper at the Bed & Breakfast we stayed at for a good place to have breakfast before we left town. She suggested the Oasis and gave us some directions. We were only staying maybe 5 minutes from the Oasis but it took us forever to find it. We finally had to stop and ask a cop that we seen for directions and boy are we glad that we did!! It was some of the best food we have ever had! The atmosphere was great! Yes it is small and yes it is decked out in 60's decor but we thought thats what made the experience so great! Something different and out of the ordinary. Our waitress recommended that we try the Amigas I think thats what it was called) They were DELICIOUS!!! Its a taste that I would never be able to replicate. Next time we get the chance we will make the 3 hr drive back to Eureka Springs just to eat there! I highly recommend this place to everyone! It is hard to find but please dont give up bc once you find it you will not be dissapointed. We can not wait to come back and eat there again! Plus everyone there was super friendly!

2  Thank ajp12608
Reviewed November 7, 2008

Ate here by mistake, wanted to go to Cafe Soleil, but forgot the name...TERRIBLE!! The food is mediocre at best -- the entire menu revolves around beans and cheese...add a mushroom -- have a new menu item, add spinach -- have a new menu item, add chicken -- have a new menu item ---- get the idea?? The service is really bad: when we arrived, the table behind us was just getting their food and the waitress told them it would be free because it took so long. Well, the table beside us ordered at the same time and it took an HOUR for both of our orders to arrive!! One of our orders was completely wrong, so the waitress told us it would be free -- unless we wanted to WAIT for the cook to start over!! And, the table beside us was commenting that he could not find the eggs that were supposed to be included in his dish. The atmosphere is also really bad -- tables too close together, Sixties/hippy all the way. If you are handicapped, forget this restaurant! There are a million stairs to get to the door, the tables too close together, and the bathroom is the worst of all: it must have been converted from a very small closet. The toilet is elevated on a wooden platform about 2 feet off the floor and no step to climb up to it. And, the toilet seat is only about 10 inches from the wall in front of it--- if you are a child, or a size 2, you can sit angled on it for use! I recommend trying Cafe Soleil for the pumpkin ravioli or chicken mango wrap --- or definitely eat at Local Flavor -- it is terrific!!!

1  Thank ALLandry
katwood, owner at The Oasis, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2008

Sorry that you did not have a positive experience at the Oasis. It goes to show that the restaurant is not for everyone. Yes, we do incorporate beans and cheese but they are only an optional compliment to our uniquely diversified daily specials and regular menu dishes. Some days we are really really jam packed and yes there could be a wait to eat. Like some restaurants and shops in the Eureka Springs Historic district we reside on a staircase and if someone is handicapped then no, it probably wouldn't be the place, Its about 25 wooden stairs to go down. and from what I hear from many returnees they are part of the charm of the place. In fact the tiny bathroom happens to be on the Historic Register, attracting many folks to just come in to see it. The whole building in fact used to be the City Morgue back early in the century. And by the way Cafe Soleil and Local Flavor are both 2 good places to eat. I frequent them myself.

Reviewed October 19, 2008

I talked about this meal the entire trip! I had the chicken chipoltle enchiladas and my friends had the feta cheese olive enchiladas. Everything was amazing. Just ask a local how to find it. Everyone in town raves about the Oasis.

1  Thank Em410
Reviewed June 2, 2008

This place is tiny and hard to find. Directions are something like "the second stairway after the curve in the road". Hard to find, so ask a local. If you can get there, you're in for a treat. I had pork mole enchiladas from the chalkboard, and my husband had an intersting take on huevos rancheros from the regular menu. We were both surprised that such wonderful food could come from an itty-bitty kitchen. Everything had a hand-made, loving taste. They also have lots of meatless meals, so it's the perfect place for vegetarians tired of eating cheese enchiladas.

Tip: bring cash, they don't accept credit cards.

1  Thank davo79