“A disappointment”

Ranked #13 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Springfield, Missouri
“A disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is great. The problem is the room is dated and not comfortable at all. The TV is an old conventional TV that had a bad picture. The beds weren't comfortable at all. The Best Western I stayed at in Eureka Springs during my last trip was cheaper and more comfortable. They were full this time so I tried this highly rated hotel. I paid too much for a mediocre hotel. I won't be back.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Kurt S, General Manager at Land O Nod Inn, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I want to apologize for your experience here at the Land O Nod Inn. We pride ourselves in having clean comfortable rooms, great staff, and amenities. We are launching a room remodel project in 2013 to update all aspects of the rooms including new flat screen televisions and new beds. If you would give us another opportunity in the future, please contact me directly at the Land O Nod Inn, and I will work with you personally to ensure that the room you chose from us will meet all your expectations.

Kurt Smenner
Land O Nod Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Forest Hill, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is really nice! The rooms are very clean and pink!!! The people are very friendly. They actually sent me a thank you note after I got home. The rates are resonable and it is closer to downtown than some of the others. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

It was very clean and the staff was very helpful with maps, trolley service info and restaurant recommendations. The continential breakfast consisted of several varities of coffee and hot tea. Also, milk, juice, fruits and pastries.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Kimkewl8
Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We just took a last minute trip to Eureka Springs for the night. There was a big Volkswagen rally in town so there weren't a lot of vacancies to be found. We managed to find a room at the Land O Nod, and to be honest, I was a little worried about it. I usually prefer to stay at a known chain hotel rather than individually owned places like this one. Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised!

Our family includes two adults and three children, ages 12, 10, and 20 months. The two double bed room we had gave us plenty of room to set the baby up in the corner without disturbing him while the rest of us watched TV. The room was not fancy, but it was spotless and smelled clean. The bathroom light bulb was not working when we arrived, but someone came up and fixed it instantly after we let them know about it.

The pool and the grounds are nice. My big boys enjoyed the pool quite a lot, and they had fun with the pool noodles and inflatables that were provided for kids to play with. There are picnic tables and grills on the premesis for guests to use. Instead of taking a cranky toddler to a restaurant we decided to let the kids play outside and grill some burgers. They had fun, but the play area was a little too close to the busy road for my comfort. A small fence instead of just a row of bushes would make it a little more child friendly.

All in all, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by our stay here and I would not hesitate to recommend it to others or to stay there again the next time we're in town.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank ajh1975
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stayed here at a cycling event. Suites were very large and could sleep 6. Had well preserved tile bathrooms that were straight out of the 1950's. Central location convenient to most attractions. The owners opened the continental breakfast for us at 5 am so we could eat before our event. They also let us store our bike on premises after we checked out so we could spend the rest of the afternoon shopping. Had ice tea in the lobby that was very refreshing after a long bike ride and an afternoon of shopping. Prices were reasonable and we would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
maxx2010, General Manager at Land O Nod Inn, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! We appreciate the great review and it was our pleasure to help out! We are big supporters of the bike events here in Eureka Springs and the Eurekan is really growing quickly.
Come on back anytime!
Appreciate you staying with us!!
Thank you!
Kurt Smenner
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

This place was a wonderful place to stay for the night. It reminds me of the places my folks would stay at during my childhood road trips. The hotel has lots of trees around the rooms offering some great shade. The gentleman that checked us in was very nice and hospitable. The staff will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy. The rooms maybe older but that does not take away from the comfort and cleanliness. The housekeeping staff does a great job and takes pride in there rooms. The pool was very well maintained and I must say that was our first stop after checking in. If the family was wanting to picnic instead of eating out they have picnic tables randomly set up with gas grills for a cook out. They offer a free breakfast every morning but I opted to sleep in, and send my son and husband. My son said it was perfect so they must of had his favorite cereal. If we come back to Eureka Springs this is where we will be staying.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank HawsNik
Manhattan, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Very nice place to stay -- clean, comfortable room and friendly, helpful staff. Having a refrigerator and microwave in the room was great. I would definitely stay there again. Coffee and iced tea were available in the lobby all day. The continental breakfast provided healthy choices.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends