“Don't even think of staying here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Enchanted Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Enchanted Cottages
omaha
“Don't even think of staying here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2007

Upon arriving we should have known that this would not be a good place to stay. First it was not close to town like I was told. Second it was so hard to find ,the owner wouldn't even give us directions. She insisted on meeting us and leading us there. Once there we asked to see the cottages. Because of the way housekeeping was for their office and personal cottage we were sceptical of how clean the cottage would be. You can not see the cottages from their office. One step in and the mold and mildew smell was so bad we couldn't even look around. You could tell how poorly maintained they were. They looked nothing like the pictures on the internet. Maybe those pictures where from 10 years ago. Please be advised to stay away from the enchanted cottages.
coloradokid

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the owners
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank coloradokidomaha
enchantedcottages, Owner at Enchanted Cottages, responded to this review, March 14, 2008
Enchanted Cottages is just a 2 1/2 block walk to the downtown...since we are hard to find, I always mail or fax a map and very detaled directions if possible...when last minute guests (who did not receive our map and directions) arrive at night, I alwys offer to drive to meet them so they don't get lost...most of our guests find this very helpful! The cottages are very cleanand very well maitained and there is absolutely no smell or mold problems; and we are very proud to be members in good standing with the Eureka Springs Chamber of Commerce! When these guest arrived, the woman indicated that she thought they were staying in a log cabin...we do not addvertise ourselves as log cabins because we are not...he apologised to her and then to me saying, "this is not your fault, the cottage is very nice, but I know beter if she is not happy" ...he then proceded to tell me that he understood that since he had emailed me his credit card information to reserve a cottage, that he would take responsibility for it. I later found out that he tried to have the credit card charges reversed; but when I explained to the credit card company what had happened, they did not reverse the charges as he requested...I would be more than happy to offer them a credit for a furture stay...Thankyou...Sincerely Barbara/Enchanted Cottages

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Springdale, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2007

My husband and I stayed at Enchanted Cottages (Windchime Cottage) in July of 2007. The cottages were not as close to town as we were told. A VERY winded walk. The Windchime was a work in progress. I expected my acomodations to be completed! There were spaces under the outside doors large enough for vermon to crawl through. There were holes in the stained glass windows. The tiny window air conditioner (that was upstairs) didn't come close to cooling the cottage. When the owners were late to meet us upon our arrival we should have gotten a clue. We were so unhappy with the acomodations that we left a day early. The owners didn't answer the phone so we left a message on the answering machine voicing our disappointment. We never received a phone call or apology from them. Bad business. Stay somewhere else.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank tootsiecat
enchantedcottages, owner at Enchanted Cottages, responded to this review, March 14, 2008
Enchanted Cottages is a 2 1/2 block to the downtown...Eureka Springs is a very hilly town, and yes, I agree that walking around in Eureka Springs is very strenuous...parking is also very scarce, so most of our guest like the idea that they can walk to the downtown...Windchime is not a "work in progress"...there are not "spaces under the outside doors"...there is clear glass backing all of the stained glass windows and no openings to the outsied...we have several extra air-conditioners for all the cottages, and would have been happy to put in additions ones on request...if in fact I was late to meet these guests, I sincerely apologize...I also sincerely apologize for any disapointment and would like to offer them a credit for the furture...Sincerely, Barbara/Enchanted Cottages
Halfway, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2005

My husband and I stayed in the Birdsong cottage at Enchanted Cottages for our honeymoon weekend in April of 2005. The cottage was HUGE and clean, and fully stocked! On our next stay we will be sure to pack some groceries so we can take advantage of the grill and full kitchen and have some fun without going out! The walk to the main stretch of town in downhill, and easy..the return trip UP the hill on those steps makes you swear you will start going to the gym! The outdoor hot tub sits, so when the trees are bare, you can look across the valley and see the lights of the Crescent Hotel. The nights were still and calm, and sitting in the hot tub or on the deck you could hear the live music from town drifing...very nice!

We felt like we were in our own little world, just what two "older" honeymooners needed, we left the six kids with family and enjoyed our weekend runaway! We will be back....as soon as possible!

6 Thank Kritters8