“Best True Italian” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ermilio's Italian Home Cooking

Ermilio's Italian Home Cooking
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Best True Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This place is just like the name says, italian home cooking. Everything from the waitress, to the plates, to the wine glasses, I felt like I was at home with my Italian grandmother (who neglected to pass on her olive complexion genes.) My waitress recommended I order the Spinach Ricotta Ravioli, half alfredo/half pesto and the Caprese appetizer- amazing!! I feel guilty for enjoying that meal all by myself.
Entrees are served on dishes that you literally would find in an Italian grandmothers kitchen, and the wine glasses are stemless and seem short, but rotund- I asked the waitress about them- apparently that's what the family has always used to serve wine to the adults or milk to the toddlers. I felt at home right then.
If you want Macaroni Grill or Olive Garden, then go somewhere else. If you want authentic, true Italian home cooking, then Ermilio's is the best there is.

1 Thank Lbridges27

midwest
“Fair to Mediocre Experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I ate at Ermilio's just once on a recent, busy, weekend night. Keeping this in mind, I just don't get the positive reviews. Ermilio's is in a neighborhood house without much room, and does not not accept reservations. All of this is fine - even a plus. However, things went down hill both during the wait for a table and with the meal. First, the "bar" (a table set up to pour drinks) from which one might get a drink while waiting for a table serves expensive, mediocre, wine in plastic cups which one may drink in that room or on a deck. I take exception to paying $9 for a dixie cup of wine from a bottle that retails for about the same price. More importantly, the food simply wasn't that good. My wife an I ordered bread with roasted garlic (complimentary) artichoke hearts appetizers, salad and lasagna. The quality of all components of the meal was on par with fast food Italian. Think of a chain such as Fazoli's. Maybe we caught Ermilio's on an off night, but the bottom line for us was an hour wait for a very mediocre meal.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hook'emMidwest
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Over rated”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

T he service was good. The marinara was acidic and had Too much oregano and lite on the flavor. The pork chop was good. The ambience was good. Not much on presentation as ear as the plates go. Wouldn't dine there again.

2 Thank 918lucky
texas
“Great food but plan on a long wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

The food was great but, because Eureka Springs is so crowded on the weekends, there is usually a long wait at Ermilio's.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank scott46
Fort Worth
“Dinner with my Princess”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We've been coming to Eureka for over twenty years and have enjoyed every trip. On occasions we have dined at Ermilio's and have never had a bad meal or service. Each time we have dined we were given the VIP treatment and tasted some of the best Italian food ever made anywhere. Tonight I dined on Lasagna while my wife had the Chicken Marsala. Every morsel of our dinner was wonderful. We began with a house salad served along with their home baked wheat bread with roasted garlic and butter. Then it was on to the main course, a wonder bottle of wine and then an exquisite desert of Italian Cream Cake. It was a pleasure to visit with the staff and we had a wonderful evening. If your in the mood for fine dining this is definitely the place.

1 Thank MichaelSarah