“Back again”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Consistent quality and value. We have been coming here for over 10 years. There is always a wait, but it is worth it. During the warmer months they have a nice front porch to spend your wait on. Staff is friendly and service is spot on. Grandkids like the spaghetti & meatballs. Their grilled steaks are wonderful. We have never had a bad meal here. The only draw back is the table for two right in the doorway. Who wants to set there? Otherwise, a great place.

There are newer reviews for Ermilio's Italian Home Cooking

Reviewed May 5, 2013

It serves roasted garlic, butter and bread before you even order....what's not to like? Oh, the waiting for a table...yep that's about all I dislike about the place

Reviewed May 3, 2013

My first time to Ermilio's was this past holiday season. The food was so good, and we ate alot of it! My mom had the Spaghetti and Meatballs and I had the Chicken Parmesan, and salads with Bread and garlic. The atmosphere was very warm and homey, and I remember thinking the bathrooms were nice too. There was not much of a crowd because it was the holiday season and the town was quiet.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This was our third visit in five years, and it's still one of my favorite places in town. We didn't have to wait, but got stuck at the table for two in the doorway at the mid-point of the dining room which others have mentioned as the bad spot. Trust me...it is! Fortunately, some people were leaving at another table so we asked if we could move. Our waitress said she understood perfectly! I ordered the chicken Marsala and my husband got the spaghetti with sausage and meatball (he wanted to try both). He opted for the $3 upcharged Caesar salad (what's that all about?), and said it was good. I got the house salad with the wonderful blue cheese dressing. The bread was warm this time (not always the case), and I always enjoy the roasted garlic. The waitress and water girl were warm but not intrusive. The water girl came in handy when selecting a dessert as I guess she had tried them all. The lemon chess pie did not disappoint. Our waitress said they don't advertise this dessert as gluten free, but it is.

Now, why am I saying there's room for improvement? Let's start with the red sauce...I have to agree with those who said it tasted like it was out of a jar. Mom's recipe needs tweaked imho. I don't care about homemade pasta, but I am a stickler when it comes to draining it well. My chicken Marsala would have been near perfect had it not been for the red river of sauce/water running into the wine sauce. I was tempted to ask for a plate with sections! On a positive note, the grilled vegetable accompaniment was quite good.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We had dinner here on the recomendation from our hotel and were not dissapointed. The service was friendly and quick. The food was very good.Restaurant was clean and we had a pleasant dining experience.