“Like Staying With Friends”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #28 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The rooms here are clean and the beds comfortable. The prices are very reasonable even on weekends. The lobby is full of information about the area and take away pamphlets. The staff are wonderful people that will tell you all about the area and point you towards the best places in the area for whatever your interests may be. And dont be surprised if you find yourself hanging out with the staff or others staying here, talking like you would with friends.

My fiance and I have been to Eureka Springs quite a bit. We fell in love with this amazing art town and are moving there to start a business but that takes time. We are having to do a lot of back and forth driving and overnight stays to meet with realtors, licensing people, zoning folks etc. so we took into account many factors when choosing where to stay.

Just give them a call and find out for yourself how nice these people are. And bonus; the pool and hot tub are backed by woods, very nice and you may just have some deer watch you swim!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank RevConn
Dakoda B, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

I am so proud to know that we are playing even a small role in helping make your transition to our beautiful town a pleasurable one. Thank you so much for your feedback, and we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband & I were in Eureka Springs, AR on 7/2 and needed a room for the night. Since we did not plan ahead, we called around for a room. We found one at the Guest House. Since the U.S. has seen a rapid infestation of bed bugs, I always check my room when we get in. Boy, am I glad I checked our bed, as it was infested with bed bugs. When I went back down to the desk, the staff did not give me any trouble when I asked for a refund. I do know that bed bugs can happen at any hotel, no matter how upscale. However, I think they knew about this because the maid had just finished cleaning the room. I am sure that if I can see them [my first time], with her experience in cleaning hotel rooms, I am sure she had to know. I do not believe the hotel was as pro-active to close rooms, due to the holiday week. Travelor beware!!!!!

Room Tip: Check for bed bugs!!!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank NLS85

I am very glad to know that my Front Desk staff responded to the issue that you reported in a way that accommodated your needs. In order to satisfy your concerns, it is also my pleasure to inform you that we treat any report of pest control issue as an emergency, and thus the room was taken out of order, and our pest control agent was called immediately. He found absolutely no sign of bed bugs, and this and all rooms in it's vicinity were cleared for rental. Thank you for voicing your concern, and I hope that this response is helpful in clearing this matter up.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Outstanding service. Hotel manager and night front desk clerk were very helpful and knowledgeable about local restaurants. The room was very clean, modernly decorated, except for the outdated lamps that didn't really go with decor. The shower vacillated between hot and cold water. The Jacuzzi was an odd shape, making it difficult to have jets placed in back. When I arrived the air conditioner was off and room was blazing hot. The pool and pool area was very clean and much needed while waiting for room to cool down.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

I really appreciate your review. I am very sorry that we didn't have your room properly air conditioned upon check in, that is an issue that I have addressed with my staff, and will not happen again. I hope that we can have you back again soon so that I can properly show our commitment to fixing our mistakes. Thank you for providing your feedback.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The front lobby had plenty of info on what to do in Eureka Springs and the surrounding area. They have a real nice pool and also a Hot tub with one working jet. The breakfast waffles were to die for, delicious . The staff was very helpful and friendly. The room was nice and cool. The small refrigerator was a bonus for our travel foods. The water saver shower head was good for the environment but took a while to get all of the shampoo out of my hair.

Room Tip: Get closest to the pool to avoid a long walk
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hightowergolfer

Thank you so much for your feedback. After reading the content of your review I was glad to know that we had been a positive part of your vacation experience. I hope that we get an opportunity to provide lodging for you in the future.

Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Great place staff is wonderful we stayed 3 nights here on an unplanned trip to Eureka Springs November 2013. Close to road but very quite and private. Great prices too! Very clean will be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Dakoda B, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

It pleases us to no end to know that we are a positive part of our guests vacation experiences. Thank you for the feedback and we are loking forward to having you back as soon as you are able.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

It was very affordable, clean. Much nicer on the inside of the rooms than it appears to be on the outside. Bought room through Hotels.com and when I confirmed it there was no room booked for me to be found. I was happy with the stay overall but would suggest you double check your reservation.

Room Tip: I got a bottom room and there was a lot of noise above me, not very peaceful.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Camary D

We are so glad to be a part of your happy anniversary event. Thank you for the positive feedback, and we are looking forward to your next visit to Eureka Springs.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful with dinner suggestions and directions. My king size bed and pillows were very comfortable. Room was clean. Breakfast was as expected for an economical, short business stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Dakoda B, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

We appreciate you taking the time and effort in giving us such a positive review. Thank you.