“Something a bit different”

Balcony Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #30 of 136 Restaurants in Eureka Springs
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Known for Eureka Springs Best Burger, the Balcony Restaurant overlooks SPring Street from the Second Floor of the Basin Park Hotel. Heart Entrees and tasty appetizers are made extra special with regular live music and refreshing Beer, Wine and cocktails
Reviewed August 22, 2014

It is true what other reviewers have mentioned, the bar inside doesn't appear to have adequate
service. However we were wanting to go outside on the balcony. Have been about 4 times
since June. I suggest going later in the evening as it will be cooler. They have fans but don't
work well enough. Parking may be easier to find if you go after 6. They play interesting music from the 70's and 80's (rock) and it is loud enough to hear but not too loud to be a bother. They do have a kids menu. Good variety of sandwiches. Smoking is allowed. Alcohol is served. It is fun
for little kids to sit up in the balcony and look over main street. Service is hit and miss. It is
located next door to the Basin Park. In the summer I suggest that you do not eat at the
balcony during the day bc it is too hot.

1  Thank CultureChic419

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

The bartender was too busy reading his book to help his customers. The woman in front of me was standing there a good three to four minutes before I walked up and said something to him. Then he was so mad about having to do anything. He was rude and the drinks were awful.
The food came out cold and the order was wrong. I waited 40 minutes for French fries!!
The hotel is absolutely beautiful, the balcony restaurant and bar is not worth a dime. Not joking when I say it was some of the worst service I've ever had at a restaurant or anywhere for that matter. As a local I don't ever recommend it to anyone.

2  Thank Sheridan D
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Visiting Eureka Springs on a nice hot afternoon will sap the energy from even the hardiest of tourists, so when my guy suggested we find a place to have lunch, I was ready for any place with air conditioning.
I was drawn to the 1905 Basin and we decided to eat there. Looking where to sit, we saw the balcony and walked outside. While it was still pretty darn warm, they had misters going and we decided to sit and watch the world go by below us. A singer with a guitar played the whole time we were there…a combination of known classics and some funny stuff.
I had the Caesar salad and it was very tasty. My guy had the Mushroom & Swiss Burger and declared it good. The only irritating thing that occurred was actually another customer. The server got one of the 4 orders incorrect and we had to listen to the guy berate the server for the whole time they were there.
We lingered over Dr. Peppers, just enjoying the ambience of the location and listening to the music and people around us.

1  Thank Kathie C
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stopped in for a couple drinks on a Saturday night. Our bartender was terrible (poor kid, he was overwhelmed) so we left after just one $6 drink.

2  Thank katiekall
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Located in the historic Basin park Hotel, the Balcony Bar is just that...a nice little bar/restaurant with a good sized eating area outside on the balcony overlooking one of the main shopping streets. AWESOME half-pound burgers and other sandwiches, live music and watching the people below. God prices, too...half pound burgers (served on Kaiser rolls) were about 9 bucks; and came with chips; but fries were available.

1  Thank Bob B