“Nice hotel for the money!”
Review of Stonegate Lodge

Stonegate Lodge
Ranked #32 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
Reviewed February 6, 2010

This hotel was very nice for a low cost! We had made reservations but didnt make it to the hotel untill midnight, the manager was up waiting on us. Very nice man, even preheated our room for us. The rooms were very clean and had extra blankets and pillows for us. We never had to ask for a thing. So if your looking for a nice hotel at a low price be sure to check this hotel out!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank brandimash

Reviewed October 14, 2009

Frank and Karena were wonderful! They were so helpful and did everything they could to make our stay comfortable---even to having fresh coffee brewing all the time. The rooms were clean and the rates were the best around. We especially enjoyed the "front porch" chairs and tables. Look for us to come back again and again!

Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Prison Camp or Motel?

I don't ever recall staying in a worse of a place then Stonegate in Eureka Springs AR. When I originally called to check for availability, I was greeted by a lady on the phone that sounded like she was from India. I asked if she had a room available for June 27, 2009 - June 29, 2009 and she stated "yes, I have one room only." She then asked for my credit card number without me even agreeing to make the reservation. I had to interrupt her and ask if there was an ice machine since I was going to have a few coolers with my party. She then stated "yes we have" After confirming that the ice was not a problem I asked that the room have two beds and she stated "yes that rooms has two beds, credit card number?" I then gave the lady my credit card number and she then asked "what time you be here?" I stated between 7-9pm or so. She said "that okay, you check in anytime."

I hung up the phone and hoped for the best. The phones online (from Priceline.com) looked great and I looked forward to staying there for the price. About 9:38pm while just being a few miles away from the Motel, I received a phone call from the lady from Stonegate asking how much longer I was going to be. I advised her that I would be a few miles away and should be there shortly. After getting on the strip, the address on my GPS did not show that Stonegate was anywhere around. I called the Motel, no answer. I called again, no answer again. I called a 3rd time and the lady answered. I advised her where I was on the strip and she then garbled some instructions to me and I almost just wanted to hang up on her. I could not believe her English was so bad and I could have made out was Lacy was saying over this lady. All I could make out was Pizza Hut and that's what I made a way on. Once I found this Pizza Hut, I continued to drive down and saw Stone Gate Ahead. I pulled in noticing that there was about 3 different parties going on outside and that the Office lights where off and appeared no one was there. I was thinking, I just got off the phone with this lady, how can they be closed? I got out of my truck and walked to the Office and a white older man stood up from a table and stated "that must be my tenets that I have been waiting on, and now I can go to bed." I looked at my girlfriend like, is this guy serious? We walked into the Office and he turned on the lights. He then asked what had taken me so long and that they had been waiting on me and that I had been keeping him up waiting on me. I could not believe this guy was talking to a customer in this manner. I advised him that I was not from the area and that this was a first for me to be in Eureka Springs Ar.
Another customer came into the Office and asked what type of food he had and he rattled off a little list of what he had. When the customer asked about a item, the old man said "I just told you what I had!" And then repeated the list off a lot faster and ruder. After the guy left he continued to talk to me in a rude manner stating that I had kept him up past his bed time and then asked how many nights to put me down for. I turned to my girlfriend and I turned back and said, we will just take tonight. The old man then said "no I have you down for 3 nights, so you have to stay all 3 nights." I looked at him like, who are you talking to like that. I then told him that when I called I did ask for 3 but now I only want to stay 1 with them. He then replied, you can stay for one or two, but I am going to charge you for 3 and my wife already got your credit card number when you called so it's your choice. He paused and looked at me like an employee of his and I was going to do as he said. He stated that he had a 48 hour cancellation policy and that I would have to stay a minimum of 2 nights and that I was getting the preferred rate of 55 + tax a night (www.Priceline.com was advertising $50.00 a night, some special I was getting) and I could stay for 1-2-3 night, but was still being charged for 3 nights.
The old man then stated "look, you kept me up and waiting on you to get her and I am not going to argue with you anymore about it so I will take one night off but that's it and your going to have to deal with it." I then advised him that any Motel/Hotel I stayed in the past has a 24hour cancellation policy and he said, "no their 48 hour."

I advised that I would stay the two if I had to and he said "you don't have to, but you’re going to still be charged for the two." This guy was such an major jerk. He then advised me that that was his last room and had 6 people that called that day and wanted our room for 3 days too and now he was losing business because of me. He called his wife out to run my credit card and I finally saw what she looked like (she was not from India, she looked like she was from Russia) and could not believe that the two of them started having their own conversation right in front of me about how I booked it for 3 nights and they had 6 other people call about my room for 3 days as well.

I left the Office in shock and moved my truck, got out and started to unpack my coolers. The old man then came up to me and stated "oh no, you can't fill those up here!" I only have an ice machine that produces very little ice and I can only allow you to fill 1 small bucket that is located in your room. He then started walking around the parking lot policing it (I thought he said he was going to bed and I had kept him up. He stayed up until after 2am outside talking to other people.) and watching the ice machine. I went into my room and the people above us sounded like the where remodeling the room, dragging furniture, jumping, and pounding on the floor.
The room did not appear that bad for the price and it did have a microwave and small black frig. I then started noticing that some of the items in the room appeared to be damaged and I started taking photos of the room so I could not be accused of damaging them. I started to notice things like, dried blood on the shower certain, exploded cheese in the microwave, some type of blue food coloring that had dripped all down the back side of inside the small frig and scraps to the furniture.

The next day our friends joined us and the only thing that happened in the afternoon was the old man stated that we needed to keep our door closed b/c of the a/c would freeze up (we only had it open when we made a quick trip out to the truck and back)

Then that night one of our friends had taken a shower and wanted a hair dryer. She called down to the Office and the old man answered. He then said "what do you need (room number)!?" she then asked for a hair dryer and he replied "you woke me up for that? Do you know what time it is...?" She then asked again if they had a hair dryer that we could borrow from them so she could dry her hair. He asked "what would you need a hair dryer for at this time of night?" She stated that she was cold and needed a hair dryer to dry her hair. His response was "shouldn't you be in bed." At this point she snapped back and stated, I could go to bed if I had a hair dryer." The old man stated that he did have one but he would need it back that night and right after she was done with it. She agreed and sent my girlfriend down there to get it. Once again the light in the Office were off and the old man was waiting for her. He stated that we had woken them up again and that we should all be in bed, not calling the Office for a hair dryer.
After using it, we sent my girlfriend back down to turn it in and she stepped into the dark Office to see no one there. Right as she turned around, the old man popped out from the dark stating that now he could go to bed. When she walked out the old man then started yelling at some people in the pool, telling them to get out of the pool right now and to go back to their rooms. When we checked in the old man stated that the pool was never closed and was open 24/7. We started to laugh when she told us the news and were thankful that that night would be our last.

The next morning when one of us went to get ice, the man popped up and said "oh, it's you. That size of container is ok and to have a good day."

These people are creepy and stockerish and need to get help if they plan on people staying and returning to their Motel. They must have a large amount of cash or something in order to disrespect their customers in that manner. As for the past review, I could see the old man telling people off and then telling them one thing and doing another. He polices the place and talks to people however he pleases.

If you stay here then you will just make yourself a victim of customer dissatisfaction.
I have added some of the photos that were obtained during our stay at Stonegate.

Positives =

* Clean Bathtub (bloody shower certain though)
* Microwave (dirty though)
* Frig (dirty though)
* Large TV

Negatives =

* VERY BAD customer service
* They watch everything thing you do
* Dirty Frig
* Dirty Microwave
* THE OLD MAN
* The Russian ladies English
* No free breakfast (you only get a 10% morning buffet coupon for another place)
* Damages to room
* Bug in the bed (only one and it was hard to kill)
* Mattress is crap (springy)

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
7  Thank cooljohnny005
anemone400, owner at Stonegate Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2010

It is no nice to tell false stories and put false pictures about the hotel and be unrespect. We have no any russians and old men working here. These owners have been in hotel- and restaurant business over 40 years, and they are from New York.This hotel is recently remodelled and has a nice pool and spa outside. The rooms are large and clean and you can get hairdryers and irons from the lobby. Office hours are 7.30 am to 10.00 pm. Continental breakfast ( included coffee, a bun or a donut) is served in the lobby between 7.30 am to 9.30 am. Pool hours are from 11.00 am to 9.00 pm. Icemachine is for ice- buckets for the hotel not for the big containers.Cancellation policy is 48 hours. Sometimes customers have too many parties and they are never happy and they are looking for all kinds of problems, but do not make the stories.
Owner from Stonegate Inn.

Reviewed June 10, 2009

As a travel agent I am very particular when visiting a hotel. I check everything and this location was first rate. The owners bend over backwards to accommodate any and all requests. The rooms were large, nicely outfitted with microwaves and mini-fridges. The pool area offered a nice place to relax at the end of the day. The rooms were clean and neat. I would stay here anytime.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Horrible place - avoid at all costs! Rooms don't have coffee makers or even alarm clocks. Old, ugly decor. Half the lights didn't work and we found a roach in our bed when we turned it down. Left the lights on all night when we slept. When we approached the owner (little rude guy), he accused US of bringing them in and called us names. Horrible little man and roach infested rooms!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank MissouriKate
kisuli, GM at Stonegate Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2009

Stonegate Inn is recently updated with new carpets, new Ac- units, TV-sets. Hotel has no bucks or fleas, it has built from the stones and concrete. Hairdryers, irons and coffeepots you can get from the frontdesk. The rooms are large and very clean.

Reviewed March 26, 2009

The room was very clean and the owners go out of their way to make sure you enjoy your stay. Location was great and it was very quiet. We recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Eureka Springs.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2009

I stayed at this place when I had business to take care of in the area and was trying to stretch the dollar. At the time I'm writing this review, there is a picture shown of the inn but it's not the correct picture. If you go to stonegateinnhotel.com you can see the correct photo of the inn.

The owner tried hard to accommodate. I've stayed in a lot worse places. It is no frills. But if you are on a tight budget, this is okay.

Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business