“Unsure at first but a nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Stonegate Inn

Stonegate Inn
Ranked #33 of 35 Hotels in Eureka Springs
“Unsure at first but a nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

After reading many of the mixed reviews of this place I was a bit unsure what to expect. Overall, the room was clean, plenty of space, the beds comfy, the pillows nice. The light above the sink was very dim but I really didn't care too much about that. The breakfast wasn't much to speak of. Some wrapped pastries, we bought a pizza the night before and had that for breakfast instead. I'd stay here again but will try another hotel next time to compare.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

We were supposed to have room and allow our two large killers of dogs. When my wife checked us in, lady in office said they didn't allow dogs and they had us in the honeymoon room. Since we have these horrible messy dogs, two maltipoos both the size of a small football, she had to remove her not nice comforter for another not nice comforter. This breed of dog doesn't shed. Doesn't make a mess everywhere, we pad train them. Don't tear or attack anything! PATHETIC #1
Who would stay there for their honeymoon? Carnies? So besides the pathetic changing of the church give away comforter, when you finally get to sleep you notice a weird sound on the mattress. Wife thinks it's a bed cover. I pulled up the cover and see this is a brand new mattress with the plastic cover still over the entire mattress! I called to ask if I could remove it so there Trump Tower cover doesn't keep me awake all night and I was denied because it keeps the matress clean????
So now I'm sleeping on a diaper bed that is noisey and makes anyone sleeping on it hotter then before laying down. But when you do wake up, if you can sleep, be sure to check out their wonderful non brand stale???? I don't even know what they were. Immatation snack like substance for breakfast with their weak coffee.
Pathetic #2
I have multiple sclerosis and need a hottub to relax my body; joints, muscles etc. and even though online it shows a pool and hottub, Gretel said it was out of season. Spring time with the temp. pushing 80 degrees and it's out of season??? The arctic perhaps! It would've been more respectfull to just say, "we're too old to clean it and get it ready for usage" and I would've been mad but a good reason left.
Pathetic #3
That's 3 strikes anyway you look at it and I will never stay at this place again! We did get a story to tell for ever though. THE HONEYMOON SUIT WITH THE DIAPER BED! Full of dusty stuffed animals and dusty decrative pillows that NOBODY would ever use. I piled all of those in the corner with the plastic dusty plants. The dusty plastic covered light shades will catch on fire eventually

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank wicaste
anemone400, Manager at Stonegate Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We have all pet rooms back of the hotel, where they can take a walk in the woods. All rooms have new bedspreads and new mattresses. Hot tub and pool are seasonal and they are outside and open in May. Hot tub was broken after storm and we need to buy a new one. We are in Ozark Mountain and everything takes time to get here. We have Continental Breakfast : coffee, tea and individually packages buns, pastries, cakes.

Travelers are raving about these Eureka Springs hotels

Nixa, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

My husband & I went down for Corvette Weekend and had a wonderful experience! The rooms were clean, the staff was so friendly & accomadating. They went well beyond what they had to, to make sure everyone there had a great experience. Each room has a clean, welcoming feel. I'm a bit of a clean freak & hearing about all the cases of bedbugs, that was one of the first things I checked for. The mattresses were in good shape & no sign of any bugs ANYWHERE! We have gone back several times & stayed with Frank & Karina at Stonegate Inn. We even swung by the day we got married & she helped me get into my dress. We haven't known them long, but we think of them as family, because that's always how they treat us. For anyone looking to stay in a clean, friendly hotel, I would strongly recommend the Stonegate Inn! It's a great place for a great price.
Gary & Jan W.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Will not stay here again, hair all over bed, dirty bathroom counter top, soap & shampoo packets had something sticky spilled on them. No safety mat in bathtub so it was quite slippery. You would need to bring your own soap. No hair dryer.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank VMTN
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Stayed at this little inn and it was great, rate was very reasonable and room was nice and clean, the staff and conversation was excellent , the cat and dog make this little inn a pet friendly place as we had a dog with us upon arrival.They (all the staff and management ) were very friendly they told us to come back in the summer when the groundhog babies are out and we are now looking forward to another trip to Eureka Springs and plan another stay at this inn.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rogers, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Do not trust anything the management tells you as they are not trustworthy. Dirty rooms. Bring your own soap as the sliver they provide should not be referred to as soap. Very late coffee in the office only. Ask locals about past history on this establishment. I will never recommend this hotel or stay here again.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank LC R
anemone400, Front Office Manager at Stonegate Inn, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are using hotel soap and every room has 5 soaps. Continental breakfast is served between 7.30 Am to 10.00 Am. Hotel is updated and rooms are clean.
Florence, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Nice clean rooms at a very reasonable rate. I stayed on a very cold day and the room was warm and comfortable. My only complaints are with the coffee, which isn't provided until around 8 am and the continental breakfast, which is sugar-loaded, pre-packaged rolls.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business