“Cute pizza/sandwich joint on top floor of Crescent Hotel”
Review of Dr Baker's Lounge - CLOSED

Dr Baker's Lounge
Sunrise Beach
“Cute pizza/sandwich joint on top floor of Crescent Hotel”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This place is really fun -- three weddings going on the day we were at this hotel, so service was SLOOOOOOW. But the staff apologized and did their best to keep up. Pizzas were GREAT. The view from the balcony is FAB. Go when weather is good and sit out overlooking Eureka Springs -- it's memorable!

Visited October 2013

Springfield, Missouri
“Over-priced”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were SO disappointed! My husband, 7 year old son, and I went to Dr. Baker's for "gourmet pizza" after the ghost tour. I guess we have different idea of "gourmet" than they do. The food is cooked downstairs in the kitchen, and then delivered to the bistro on the fourth floor. My son ordered a 12" pepperoni pizza ($14), my husband ordered an Italian sausage hoagie and chips ($9), and I ordered chicken strips and French fries ($9). We both also ordered mixed drinks, ($6.50) served in small plastic cups. My son's pizza was terrible, nothing gourmet about it. It was basically a frozen pan crust pizza I could have gotten at the local grocery for less than half the price. My husband's sandwich consisted of FROZEN ITALIAN PIZZA TOPPING with some red peppers and onions, and a hand-full of Ruffles chips. My chicken strips were okay, but not $9. Honestly, this was typical bar food. I was expecting handmade food for the prices they are charging, not frozen processed food. And real glasses would have been nice, not cheap plastic cups. We paid $60 ($20 of it was bar tab) for what should have been about $30.
The only redeeming quality of this place was the excellent service. We originally asked to sit outside since it was a nice, although slightly cool, evening. The girl who seated us and took our order was wonderful. She brought my son a color sheet and crayons and was very pleasant and attentive.
We moved inside before our food arrived, and Tim took over our table. He was a wonderful server and very apologetic when my husband and I both complained about the quality of the food and the price we paid for it. I felt bad that we were not able to leave him more of a tip because we seriously overpaid for the food we received. The service from the staff is the ONLY reason I gave a poor rating and not a terrible.
Very disappointing coming from what appears to be such a high quality hotel.

• Visited October 2013