“great steak”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Terrell, Texas
“great steak”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Best steak I have had in quite a while. It's about three miles out of town but worth the drive.The standard steak potato and salad was very good. The service was excellent. It is a little pricey, but worth it if you want a really good meal.

Visited November 2012

Fort Worth, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Killer Food, Let Down By Service”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

highly recommended, and a pretty comedic disappointment. For starters, it's quite a drive - a good 10-15 minutes past downtown, in the middle of nowhere, really. We went for dinner on Sunday evening, and had read online that there can be a wait, so we phoned 30 minutes ahead to get on the waiting list, as recommended. When we arrived, there was no one waiting out front, and the entire front bar (with 6 six-seater tables, 2 of which were fully 'set') was vacant. The hostess was the bartender, and informed us it would be about 20 minutes. We nearly laughed out loud, but decided to wait anyways. We watched 3 different couples leave separately, in the 20 minutes before we were seated. We also watched 3 couples come in, two of which left after being told there was a 30-45 minute wait (despite my wife and I being the only ones waiting). Their dinner service is from 5p-8p, and we were finally sat just after 6p - one hour into dinner service. As the name suggests, this is a cabin converted to a restaurant, so the seating was sparse and slightly cramped, but we still walked right past 3 open tables on our way to ours (which made me wonder what, exactly, we'd been waiting for?).

When our waiter greeted us, he informed us that they were out of the calamari appetizer and the macaroni and cheese side dish. Again, this was 1 hour into dinner service, and there was MAYBE 20 tables in the whole place. How are you already running out of dishes, especially macaroni and cheese? After seeing a few plates come out, my wife and I decided to split the 12oz prime rib, and also got Cesar salads, and sides of asparagus, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and a loaded baked potato. Meanwhile, the waiter brought out the bread, which was warm and soft, though he seemed to forget that I asked for another loaf - twice.

The food - OMG, the food. IT. WAS. AMAZING. SO AMAZING. Like, ridiculously amazing. Was that worth the absurd and ridiculous wait? Not really, in my opinion. The prime rib was juicy (and PLENTY for 2 people to split), and the sides were fresh and delicious, as well.
Total bill for 2 = $65 with tip (for a split plate, mind you).

• Visited November 2012
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The prime rib was excellent. My wife had the salmon and it was also very good (but after I had been eating that prime rib I could have been a little jaded :-P) The service was very friendly and personable, not pretentious like you might expect. The only negative was the "loaded" baked potato was just a side of fixings to go with the potato, not melted in it like I am used to. All in all I will definitely be going back and recommending to friends.

• Visited November 2012
Tulsa, OK
“Best food in Eureka”
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Perfectly cooked medium-well filets, awesome service and great specials. Our first visit but wont be our last! Kudos!

Cabot, Arkansas
“Best Prime Rib”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We had the some of the best Prime Rib we have ever eaten and the restaraunt feels like a family or friends house. Very impressed with food and service and if you go you must try the Prime Rib without a doubt.

Visited November 2012